Waking up with the good vaccine news

excitedofharpenden

For months now it's been a depressing case of when will this all be over and when can we get back to some state of normality. I've said a few times that I won't go back to cruising until there is a vaccine or at least effective treatment. It looks like that day has finally come and the planning fun can start again.

Hopefully there will be more positive news with other drug trials from the likes of AstraZeneca.  The 9th November 2020 was a momentous day. 

Phil 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

For months now it's been a depressing case of when will this all be over and when can we get back to some state of normality. I've said a few times that I won't go back to cruising until there is a vaccine or at least effective treatment. It looks like that day has finally come and the planning fun can start again.

Hopefully there will be more positive news with other drug trials from the likes of AstraZeneca.  The 9th November 2020 was a momentous day. 

Phil 

Indeed it was a momentous day Phil.

Now we can all have hope for the world and of course start to turn dreams into reality about cruising again❤️🛳❤️

• Like 1

Positive news for sure, yes. And it may give some hope for better times to come.

BUT : I fear that it will still take a very long time for things to get back to "normal" .. and I'm not at all sure that the cruises I have booked for October 2021 will go ahead as planned ..

It is indeed light at the end of the tunnel.  
The tunnel is still long, we don’t know what the world will look like at the other end of it (including what Azamara will look like, be offering, be doing, not be doing) but we can see that chink of light and it helps in these long dark days ahead. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phe8800 said:

Positive news for sure, yes. And it may give some hope for better times to come.

BUT : I fear that it will still take a very long time for things to get back to "normal" .. and I'm not at all sure that the cruises I have booked for October 2021 will go ahead as planned ..

I've got one planned for October 2021 too and am much more hopeful than I was a couple of days ago. 

This video clip reaction from Twitter of our own Sarah Montague on BBC Radio 4's World at One is priceless and how many of us feel:

Phil 

• Like 1

I just wish that drug companies would wait for peer review of their findings before issuing a press release.

However, like most, we consider this potentially good news indeed. and if the protection rate of 90% is confirmed it will rather amazing news.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've got one planned for October 2021 too and am much more hopeful than I was a couple of days ago. 

This video clip reaction from Twitter of our own Sarah Montague on BBC Radio 4's World at One is priceless and how many of us feel:

Phil 

That was great, Phil.  I heard it 'live' as I always listen to WaO but her reaction is priceless!!  Here's to better times.  

• Like 2

On 11/10/2020 at 6:31 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

My Grandson is a Project Manager for a pharmaceutical company in South Wales. They are working on a COVID-19 vaccine. He told me on Monday evening that he hopes things will be back to normal in the 2nd half of 2021.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yes indeed. I'm hoping this might be a case of every cloud has a silver lining if we can move this technology forward for other things. 

Phil 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/redemption-one-scientists-unwavering-belief-mrna-gave-world/?fbclid=IwAR2dhUZLYB6ZkRJb-bjp-pNh5_imLe0KE7jeiaWa6PmWZPfpaK1F6S3SVRs

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hamrag said:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/11/covid-19-vaccine-trial-complete-pfizer-and-biontech-update-their-promising-result

Pfizer have updated their efficacy number to 95%, so we now have 2 vaccs essentially at that level. 🙂

Latest news today, vaccination could begin as early as December.