Black Friday Sale details

AtlantaCruiser72

I am able to see it from the link in the email.  I was so hoping they would release more of the schedule.  As of this morning I am cruiseless having canceled my last cruise because it was pushed out a full year and not  being provided any information regarding dates, itinerary or ship

Edited by Mary229

I tried to get this deal on an existing booking. The price of my cruise has gone way up so unless I agreed to the new higher price I could not get this promotion. In the past I was always able to switch promotions and keep the initial price - I guess in the age of Covid this is no longer the case.  

4 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Maybe it depends on when the cruise is and/or how well it's selling.  I couldn't get it for my two 2021 cruises at all but was able to get it for my Jan/22 cruise for no extra cost.

I imagine by January 2022 HAL will be all inclusive or some close resemblance of all inclusive.  Internet is getting cheaper and cheaper to deliver and it is rather silly to be charging at all.  Many of us now have phones that give us internet in almost every nation.

1 hour ago, tupper10 said:

I tried to get this deal on an existing booking. The price of my cruise has gone way up so unless I agreed to the new higher price I could not get this promotion. In the past I was always able to switch promotions and keep the initial price - I guess in the age of Covid this is no longer the case.  

My experience is a bit different.  Whenever I change the promotion, most times I have to take the new price.  To me this makes sense, so I have not complained.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

My experience is a bit different.  Whenever I change the promotion, most times I have to take the new price.  To me this makes sense, so I have not complained.

Ditto.  I check the price before I ask and do the math.  

Or, perhaps, it was given in error with price protection.  Black Friday, 2018, some of us were able to add pre-paid gratuities to our 51 day Tales of the South Pacific, with no price increase.  This lasted for a few days, and then NO, oops it was given in error without current price increase.  ETA:  They honored it for us few

Edited by FlorenceItaly

27 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I guess I am a little bolder I always just ask, ditto with upsells and other perks.   50% of the time I get some of what I ask.  I think for perks, not price, they have a little leeway. 

I agree - always ASK.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I did ask and got a resounding no. I had the Have it all offer and really just wanted the free internet since I don't care about the upscale dining or free drinks.  Oh well - perhaps I should try again with a different agent.

11 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

I did ask and got a resounding no. I had the Have it all offer and really just wanted the free internet since I don't care about the upscale dining or free drinks.  Oh well - perhaps I should try again with a different agent.

I would certainly try again.  The wifi perk is allowed with the Have It All promo.  We got it for our Tahiti cruise which has the HIA promo.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

I would certainly try again.  The wifi perk is allowed with the Have It All promo.  We got it for our Tahiti cruise which has the HIA promo.  

Yes, ask again. You always should keep in mind that 90% of cruisers are likely unaware of these sales so they are only giving the perk to a handful of people, be one of those people. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Yes, ask again. You always should keep in mind that 90% of cruisers are likely unaware of these sales so they are only giving the perk to a handful of people, be one of those people. 

And depending on who you use as a TA maybe isn’t aware of promo yet.  

Persistence may pay off.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

And depending on who you use as a TA maybe isn’t aware of promo yet.  

Persistence may pay off.  

Many people in the US take holiday this week around the holiday so the TA may not even be in the office. 

2 hours ago, PoolSlider said:

Got it for an existing booking which was on the Have it All promotion. Now we really have it all. No change in price. 

Same for me - December 2021 and April 2022 cruises now have "free" internet included for no additional fare.  Both were booked with Have it All previously, which of course remained since those perks are included in the Black Friday.

Sue/WDW1972