Sky Princess Dining room question?

NthernLgts

It will be the same as the other larger ships.  The aft DR is Traditional dining at both early and late seatings.  The mid-ship DR's are such that one - usually the lower - is all Anytime Dining.  The other has Traditional early, followed by Anytime as tables empty.  One of the mid-ship DR's also has the Club Class section (I think it is usually Port Side on the upper level (6).  This might vary a bit from ship to ship.

But the Traditional / Anytime has been this way for a long time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

aft DR is Traditional dining

Cielo, deck 6 aft

mid-ship DR's are such that one

Estrella, deck 6 midship

Includes Club Class

Traditional early, Anytime late

usually the lower

Soleil, deck 5 midship

All anytime

What Steelers36 said is all correct as we know it pre-pandemic. What we don't know is if Princess will somehow come up with a new plan to deal with social distancing or anything else; time will tell if dining arrangements will maintain the same separation and scheduling.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

What Steelers36 said is all correct as we know it pre-pandemic. What we don't know is if Princess will somehow come up with a new plan to deal with social distancing or anything else; time will tell if dining arrangements will maintain the same separation and scheduling.

I hear you, but when cruising begins, all indications are they are not sailing with full ships and therefore the similar dining arrangements should automatically allow for much if not all of the social distancing they might wish to have.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

That's correct...because last year during this same week we were on the Sky Princess on her first 7 day Western Caribbean cruise...seems like a life time ago!!

we got off ☹️, you got on ... 🚢

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

We will be cruising on the Sky next summer.  We want the same assigned table, same wait staff, 5:30PM dining, traditional.  Do both the Solio and the Cielo offer that?  Thanks in advance.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sailn4Fun said:

We will be cruising on the Sky next summer.  We want the same assigned table, same wait staff, 5:30PM dining, traditional.  Do both the Solio and the Cielo offer that?  Thanks in advance.

Have you tried making dining reservations on the web version or your app? Might be too soon for summer 2025 cruise?
Here is the information I have:

Sky Princess 

This ship may or may not be following the below -it’s all over the place.

October 2024

Soleil is reservable,every 20 minutes ( example of times booked by a CC member: 6:30 pm & 6:50pm)

Estrella- reserve class collection- enter on port side

November 2024

CC member said they booked dinning,not just looked on app

Soleil- reservable ,private table available 5:30pm, 6:30 pm & 7:10 pm(this is what other passengers have booked ,not what’s currently available -subject to change based upon slots being filled )

Cielo- reservable(5:30pm-9:10 pm) private table available 6:30pm & 7:10pm

May 2025

Soleil- Traditional 5 pm & 7:30 pm??? Or 7:50 pm??

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes (5pm-8:20pm)- upon availability shared or private table during those hours

June 2025

Soleil- Traditional 5:30pm & 7:50pm

Cielo- reservable 

Estrella walk in

September 2025

Soleil-Traditional 

April 2026 

Soleil- shows reservable,every 20 minute time slots on App , but might really be Traditional DR a CC member posted

October 2026

Soleil- reservable every 20 minute time slots 5:30 pm -9:10 pm( CC member booked 6:10 pm)

Edited by arizonaperson

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sailn4Fun said:

In order to get *the same table/wait staff* for every night you *may* have to speak with the DR Manager on your first night.  Many have posted here on CC that they have successfully done so.

@Sailn4Fun... welcome "back" to Cruise Critic!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trvlwrld said:

Just off Sky…. Cielo was every 20 minute time slots, not traditional

Until September 14th , 2024 Cielo on Sky Princess may be different set up?

new dining program is suppose to start September 15, 2024, so we’ll see what happens then.
Anyone have dinner reservations late September booked on Sky ? Would you share which dining room is traditional & which is reservable every 20 minutes,thanks.

Edited by arizonaperson

29 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

new dining program is suppose to start September 15, 2024, so we’ll see what happens then.
Anyone have dinner reservations late September booked on Sky ? Would you share which dining room is traditional & which is reservable every 20 minutes,thanks.

I’m sailing in November and have reservations in Soleil DR for 7:10 pm every evening. Not the traditional DR but able to book same time for all nights.

@Alaska05 November 2024? If so, exactly what I have too.

Sky Princess 

November 2024

CC member said they booked dinning,not just looked on app

Soleil- reservable ,private table available 5:30pm, 6:30 pm & 7:10 pm(this is what other passengers have booked ,not what’s currently available -subject to change based upon slots being filled )

Cielo- reservable(5:30pm-9:10 pm) private table available 6:30pm & 7:10pm

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Yes we have reservations from Sept 15th to October 16th. It's still not clear. Both Cielo and Soleil are reservable in 20 minute slots all night, Estrella isn't reservable so assuming that's the walk in. We're reserved in Soleil at 7.30pm most nights. Since been told that's the traditional fixed dining room, but that doesn't pan out with the reservable times on the app. We'll find out in September I guess!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, milamber said:

Yes we have reservations from Sept 15th to October 16th. It's still not clear. Both Cielo and Soleil are reservable in 20 minute slots all night, Estrella isn't reservable so assuming that's the walk in. We're reserved in Soleil at 7.30pm most nights. Since been told that's the traditional fixed dining room, but that doesn't pan out with the reservable times on the app. We'll find out in September I guess!

Yes we are still showing Soleil as being bookable every 20 minutes.

Sky seems to be the exception to the new rules, is puzzling everyone all over social media. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Soleil is the traditional dining.We are still showing for Soleil for 5.30 every night. Does anyone know what time Traditional Dining normally starts? 

Posted (edited)

@colville2002 This is the information I have based on what passengers have booked. ( I have another thread all on the new dining – so any information that you have to update my list would be wonderful, )

Did you book your reservations yet? if you are showing 5:30 PM or 7:50 PM in Soleil ,yes that would be the traditional dining room.
Just let me know if you’re able to book one of those times and I will correct my list. Are you cruising 2024 or 2025 ? that does make a difference potentially. 

Sky Princess 

Before 9-15-24 Cielo accepts reservations every 20 minutes.

October 2024

Soleil is reservable,every 20 minutes ( example of times booked by a CC member: 6:30 pm & 6:50pm) and 7:30 pm

Cielo-reservable every 20 minutes on app for those that have booked 

Estrella- reserve class collection- enter on port side

Edited by arizonaperson

22 hours ago, amajaa said:

Apparently Soleil is the traditional dining.We are still showing for Soleil for 5.30 every night. Does anyone know what time Traditional Dining normally starts? 

Traditional under new dining seems to have 5:30 pm ( 1st seating) and 7:30 pm or 7:50 pm depending on ship for second seating.

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Sky Princess 

I only know what I know, and for my 2026 cruise on Sky, Estrella is the "Walk-in" MDR and there is no option on the app to make a reservation.  Soleil is the "Make a reservation at the time of your choosing, different or same each day" MDR and we have a "same time every day" reservation for 6:50, and Cielo is the "Traditional", set times" MDR.