New health Protocols

emam

40 minutes ago, joeecco said:

What changes are they? I can’t seem to see anything new but maybe I’m not looking properly 

They are from early October, so nothing new. I don't suppose there is any reason to make changes until they know when cruising will start up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, emam said:

The email that came today said that they had implemented new changes. I can't remember as far back as October as to what they were then.

It may be the same as FCC emails, they keep sending the same one to some people.

2 hours ago, emam said:

The email that came today said that they had implemented new changes. I can't remember as far back as October as to what they were then.

Yes I got the e-mail as well, but the T&Cs on the website date back to October.  Maybe the e-mails got stuck in the post.:classic_wacko:

12 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

It may be the same as FCC emails, they keep sending the same one to some people.

P&O in encouraging their customers to use FCC shocker! 😁

Seriously, the marketing team are back and doing their jobs. Promote future cruises, promote health protocols, encourage people to spend FCC because early next year......

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Seriously, the marketing team are back and doing their jobs. Promote future cruises, promote health protocols, encourage people to spend FCC because early next year......

Indeed - if you are implying what I think, January/February will be pretty interesting.

Found this on an agents site

Health declarations and pre-existing medical requirements
All guests will be asked to complete a health declaration questionnaire 72 hours before sailing and online check in will be mandatory. 

We are following all of the latest guidance to evolve our enhanced protocols to protect the health and well-being of guests, crew and the communities we visit once we begin sailing again. Unfortunately when we return we will be unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:

• Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator)
• Mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea)
• Dialysis
• Within the 14 days prior to the cruise:
Have been unwell with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 or have been advised to self-isolate under a government Test and Trace system.

We are so sorry to have to make this change, but we need to follow new industry procedures for the protection of everyone on board. If your customers are unsure or have concerns, we’ve produced a medical advisory note for them to take to their GP.

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

following medical requirements:

• Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator)
• Mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea)
• Dialysis

To be honest, in the current environment I would be astounded if anyone with those requirements would seriously consider any type of holiday, especially a cruise.

• Like 4

Problem is will anyone who has been in contact or been unwell from Covid -19 prior to cruise honestly going to answer yes with the chance that the cruise will be cancelled and P&O refuse refund saying claim off insurance. I am sure in the past when health questionnaires were filled in on check in with reference to Noro Virus there were some that were not very truthful.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Problem is will anyone who has been in contact or been unwell from Covid -19 prior to cruise honestly going to answer yes with the chance that the cruise will be cancelled and P&O refuse refund saying claim off insurance. I am sure in the past when health questionnaires were filled in on check in with reference to Noro Virus there were some that were not very truthful.

I often wondered about the health checklist and if anybody actually looked at them, you filled them in and handed them back, then what? Which is probably why they seem to have stopped handing them out.

5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Don’t leave us in suspense ! What’s at the other end of the ... 😂

Edited by joeecco
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think you can make an educated guess.

So what is yours? Because I get the feeling lots are thinking differently. The longer this goes on the greater the distance between peoples opinions. This time last year, little did we know how different things would be 😀

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, joeecco said:

So what is yours? Because I get the feeling lots are thinking differently. The longer this goes on the greater the distance between peoples opinions. This time last year, little did we know how different things would be 😀

If you look on the thread about the next pause in P&O operations, you will see that Fred have announced further delays, with Braemar not cruising at all in 2021.

Edited by wowzz

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

If you look on the thread about the next pause in P&O operations, you will see that Fred have announced further delays, with Braemar not cruising at all in 2021.

They've also announced restart dates for their other three ships.

I'm expecting a very positive announcement.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

They've also announced restart dates for their other three ships.

I'm expecting a very positive announcement.

When the UK government says only 50% of the population will be vaccinated in 2021, and Tier levels will remain in force until at least Easter.  

I really hope you are right , but I can't see any good news for at least three more months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just used the online calculator,  and there are at least 9.9 million people ahead of me in the queue. Best estimate is that I will get my first vaccination in early March

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk?adobe_mc=TS%3D1608222800|MCAID%3D2D53F13405317E29-400001182004603A

Thanks for the link - 24th February earliest for me. I tried telling it I was pregnant to jump the queue, but then it wouldn't give me one at all.😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Wowzz

My results tie in with the “within 3 months” the GP mentioned last week.  That would be just marvellous.  Fingers crossed for us all

Did you see the news articles where people doing the injecting have found that there is another full dose of vaccine left in the vial after they have made up the five which are documented as there?  The regulators have confirmed that it is OK to use that sixth dose.  Hooray, six for the price of five and all those extra people getting their jabs quickly.

Nice to hear good news 💉 

• Like 2

Just used the calculator and I’m due for the jab week 2 June 2021, assuming that they vaccine 1 million a week. My father is 82 and according to the calculator he should be getting it between 21 Dec (4 days time) and 17 Jan. Will let you know if that happens!