Which side of the ship - Alaska - Seattle?

phabric

I don't think it matters as much for a round trip cruise like that.  For the southbound itineraries I prefer the port side as there's a lot more open water to see while in the inside passage.  But then we've also been on the port side and have seen eagles in the trees on land.  For the glaciers they will move the ship around so that both sides can see but quite honestly the only time I didn't move around the ship when we've been sailing near the glaciers was when we got a last minute upsell to an aft suite.  Now that was the best view!

Round-trip Seattle doesn't matter - The first and last days are sea days where the ship is far enough from land that it's hazy at best.  The other days are in port or Glacier viewing and will have mountains on both sides.  Ship can dock with different sides tied up to pier based on dock location, sea conditions and harbor master preferences.

I used to think it mattered until I did that cruise and realized while at sea, you are too far away to see the land. And as everyone says above, the ship moves around so you can see both sides of the inside passage. And yes to the action always happening on the side you are not. 

It may be just a personal preference but we like the port side in Alaska.  We've found that we usually do the inside passage on the way up and that seems to have the best viewing ... in my opinion.  Now, you don't mention if you are doing the inside passage and if it is during the daytime hours.  If not, either side is great.