I have seen the future, and here is the info to watch....

22 hours ago, fred30 said:

That should be no problem since we are already at that level.   Last week 6.3 millions shot where given out and that was with a holiday(MLK) in there. 

As serious as the Covid situation is, I don't understand why weekends and holidays should make any difference.  I would hope all of the vaccination facilities should be operational 7 days a week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

As serious as the Covid situation is, I don't understand why weekends and holidays should make any difference.  I would hope all of the vaccination facilities should be operational 7 days a week.

The facilities are being run by the Monday - Friday 9-5  government. God forbid a former president should pass, that will be another day they will close.

21 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Can that overturned fish bowl give me the winning numbers for Friday's $970,000,000 Mega Millions?  I'll just buy a yacht. 

I would include 7, 15 and 50, representing my foggy new reading for July 15 as lift date allowing sailings at 50% capacity and full Covid protocol.

If you win with these 3 numbers, can I at least get a spacious ocean-view  balcony on that yacht?   I won’t be greedy and request a junior suite, but hope a premium drink package is included.

Eddie

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

I would include 7, 15 and 50, representing my foggy new reading for July 15 as lift date allowing sailings at 50% capacity and full Covid protocol.

If you win with these 3 numbers, can I at least get a spacious ocean-view  balcony on that yacht?   I won’t be greedy and request a junior suite, but hope a premium drink package is included.

Eddie

All of that and I will fast track you to Pinnacle and even let you steer the vessel if you like. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Because people need time off on weekends and holiday to get together with others and spread more Covid.

Maybe some places are open 7 days but the Government workers that track the data certainly aren't.

But seriously the places are running out of vaccines and not getting accurate information on when and how much more will be coming.  This is making it really hard for them to plan anything.  There is not much of a point working 24/7/365 if there isn't enough vaccines.

Edited by fred30

26 minutes ago, fred30 said:

But seriously the places are running out of vaccines and not getting accurate information on when and how much more will be coming.  This is making it really hard for them to plan anything.  There is not much of a point working 24/7/365 if there isn't enough vaccines.

This where someone is lying.   Everyone says they are running out of vaccines but according the data, most states have only administered about half of the vaccine they have received.  Someone needs get to the bottom of this.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This where someone is lying.   Everyone says they are running out of vaccines but according the data, most states have only administered about half of the vaccine they have received.  Someone needs get to the bottom of this.

Because they don't know when they are getting more vaccines they need to hold back inventory for the second shot for all those that only received the first shot.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Nice try, but that's not what I hear in Michigan or anywhere else.

Two weeks ago the rate of shot went over 1/2 million shots a day with that number increasing daily.    Next week in addition to first shots they will be injecting the second shot to those people.   This will require a lot of inventory.   And they certainly have not been given accurate information on past or current supply amounts. 

The entire processes needs to be straighten out quickly.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, CaroleSS said:

Just a few questions as I don't know.....not sure if anyone knows the answers, but I will ask anyway.

I've read that the vaccine is an mRNA. This means that it genetically modifies your cells to generate an antibody to protect you from the virus.

With that in mind, if someone gets COVID, do they automatically get antibodies? Do those antibodies help protect them from getting COVID again....the same as with the vaccine? If antibodies keep you from getting it another time, do you still need the vaccine? 

I've read that you can get COVID twice. Does that mean that you can get the vaccine and still get COVID more than once? The vaccine helps to minimize symptoms if you get COVID.....it does not prevent you from spreading the disease.

Sorry for all the questions, but these are the things that make me go "hmmmm". Can someone please help?

No. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The most logical explanation I've heard (from the head of the local health department) is that they can either put shots in arms and get to the filing of paperwork later, or stop putting shots in arms and process all of the paperwork. Not really a difficult choice...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The most logical explanation I've heard (from the head of the local health department) is that they can either put shots in arms and get to the filing of paperwork later, or stop putting shots in arms and process all of the paperwork. Not really a difficult choice...

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Sounds like the dog ate my homework excuse to me.  The same person injecting the vaccine isn't the same person sitting at the computer completing the paperwork.  If it is, then the health department isn't using the people correctly.  If you have additional vaccines then keep the vaccination sites open an additional hour or two.

1 hour ago, fred30 said:

Two weeks ago the rate of shot went over 1/2 million shots a day with that number increasing daily.    Next week in addition to first shots they will be injecting the second shot to those people.   This will require a lot of inventory.   And they certainly have not been given accurate information on past or current supply amounts. 

The entire processes needs to be straighten out quickly.

Sorry, that doesn't explain it.  I'll speak to Michigan specifically.  If you go the website that shows the vaccine allocations, you can see additional supply being sent for the second doses.

27 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Sorry, that doesn't explain it.  I'll speak to Michigan specifically.  If you go the website that shows the vaccine allocations, you can see additional supply being sent for the second doses.

It isn’t so much that new allocations aren’t coming in, as much as it is which vaccine is in use. Pfizer requires completely different parameters than Moderna. What I’ve seen in Florida is that administration of Pfizer is lagging because of the storage requirements - which limit its use to hospitals and large counties that have invested in the freezers necessary. Moderna is going into arms as fast as it comes in to the state.

35 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Sorry, I don't buy it.  Sounds like the dog ate my homework excuse to me.  The same person injecting the vaccine isn't the same person sitting at the computer completing the paperwork.  If it is, then the health department isn't using the people correctly.  If you have additional vaccines then keep the vaccination sites open an additional hour or two.

Arcane state reporting system that can’t handle the demand, so health departments are just letting the paperwork pile up until they have time to bludgeon it into the state’s systems. Tough to input 2000-3000 immunization records/week x 67 counties into a system that was never designed to handle more than a small fraction of that inflow.

7 minutes ago, orville99 said:

It isn’t so much that new allocations aren’t coming in, as much as it is which vaccine is in use. Pfizer requires completely different parameters than Moderna. What I’ve seen in Florida is that administration of Pfizer is lagging because of the storage requirements - which limit its use to hospitals and large counties that have invested in the freezers necessary. Moderna is going into arms as fast as it comes in to the state.

The allocations recognize the correct type of vaccine.  In Michigan, most the Moderna program is put into the long term care facility program administered by CVS and Walgreens.   Much of that may be sitting in refrigerators because that program is very slow.  The Pfizer vaccine is going to hospitals and county health departments because they have more storage capability.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The allocations recognize the correct type of vaccine.  In Michigan, most the Moderna program is put into the long term care facility program administered by CVS and Walgreens.   Much of that may be sitting in refrigerators because that program is very slow.  The Pfizer vaccine is going to hospitals and county health departments because they have more storage capability.

Makes sense. The hospitals are probably the major bottleneck in administering the Pfizer vaccine because the way that the vaccine was designed and its highly restricted storage almost demands that it has to be administered in the hospital (or in closely controlled facilities within earshot of the hospital). It is unfortunate that the one piece of the broader distribution process that is lagging is the one piece that is under direct control of the Feds. Hopefully  that will change. Here in Florida, FDs and EMTs are going to long term care facilities and doing ~500 jabs a day. The gov has also enlisted Publix supermarkets (220+ out of the ~700 in the state as of yesterday) to administer doses to seniors. State just received a new shipment of ~500K doses that started being administered this morning, and they are expected to be used up by the 30th.

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Makes sense. The hospitals are probably the major bottleneck in administering the Pfizer vaccine because the way that the vaccine was designed and its highly restricted storage almost demands that it has to be administered in the hospital (or in closely controlled facilities within earshot of the hospital). It is unfortunate that the one piece of the broader distribution process that is lagging is the one piece that is under direct control of the Feds. Hopefully  that will change. Here in Florida, FDs and EMTs are going to long term care facilities and doing ~500 jabs a day. The gov has also enlisted Publix supermarkets (220+ out of the ~700 in the state as of yesterday) to administer doses to seniors. State just received a new shipment of ~500K doses that started being administered this morning, and they are expected to be used up by the 30th.

Sounds like Florida made a better decision for the long term care facilities.  Michigan chose the Federal program and that is failing.  I can't imagine how bad this would be if we depended on the Feds to vaccinate everyone.