Packing for a B2B

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

Haven't done B2B but will be April/May 2022.  TA and then following cruise.  Same ship but have to change rooms - just a few doors down.  

We have been sailing Celebrity and get complimentary laundry.  Does Royal offer any specials on bags of laundry?  We were on Brilliance August, 2019 but don't recall. We got used to packing light and sending out laundry as were doing 12-14 day cruises in the past.  

No laundry benefit on RCCL  for being a back to back cruiser. 

m

40 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

Right - just curious what a bag of laundry costs and if there are any specials.

During the week, there is usually a special for a wash and fold laundry service, a full bag in the $30 range.  We’ve  had pretty good results from this kind of service, although the outcome can be variable.  It is for T-shirts- shorts -pj’s underwear etc., 

The dry cleaning prices are similar to what we pay at home.

There may be some specials listed in the Daily Compass, I am sorry I can’t recall. 

The free wash and fold service for D+ and up..is a really nice perk on longer cruises/B2B cruises.  But I definitely wouldn't put anything in that bag that you are not prepared to have it go through some pretty rough treatment.  We love it for cotton socks, undies, t-shirts, exercise shorts...but wouldn't want to see what they would do to the "delicates".  😮 

I bought a collapsible wash tub on Amazon that folds flat, take a bottle of hand wash detergent,  plus plastic hangers, and those ceiling hook magnets to put them on for longer trips.  "Wash woman...at your service" in the bathtub.  😉  Hang them up in the tub to drip dry, then out to the cabin to hang on those magnets.  Really great for fleece wear, light shorts/ tops, and swim suits.   Plus we use the ship's dry cleaning service.  All works out. 

• Like 1

For dinner we don't pack an outifit/dress/suit for every night.  Just enough for the first week (or first cruise depending on length) and repeat the same the next week.  We pretty much always change after dinner so they're not worn long.  We also pack enough underclothes for one week/cruise and send out laundry a couple of times, but we're D+ so it's free.  I also pack the same number of swimsuits I would for one cruise (2) and wash those out as needed.  The only things I bring enough of for both cruises is casual clothes.  We've missed several b2b's over the last 18 months (my ankle break and then Covid) and have three more currently booked for the next 16 months.   Most are 14 days, but April 2022 is 20 days total and in driving distance so we may take more clothes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BND said:

For dinner we don't pack an outifit/dress/suit for every night.  Just enough for the first week (or first cruise depending on length) and repeat the same the next week.  We pretty much always change after dinner so they're not worn long.  We also pack enough underclothes for one week/cruise and send out laundry a couple of times, but we're D+ so it's free.  I also pack the same number of swimsuits I would for one cruise (2) and wash those out as needed.  The only things I bring enough of for both cruises is casual clothes.  We've missed several b2b's over the last 18 months (my ankle break and then Covid) and have three more currently booked for the next 16 months.   Most are 14 days, but April 2022 is 20 days total and in driving distance so we may take more clothes.

I often take one evening skirt or pants and a couple of different tops.  I take things that pack easily and don't wrinkle.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2021 at 11:01 AM, John&LaLa said:

Buy a bottle of your favorite adult beverage the last night of first leg. They generally let you take it back to cabin then. 

Bailey's works well

I've read here that they have your account 'flagged' as a consecutive cruiser and the clerk might not give you the bottle, so we make a point to make a new friend on the first leg buy for us.  Is that just a CC urban legend?

Thanks

40 minutes ago, DandDM said:

I've read here that they have your account 'flagged' as a consecutive cruiser and the clerk might not give you the bottle, so we make a point to make a new friend on the first leg buy for us.  Is that just a CC urban legend?

Thanks

It is in my experience.

Our B2B's have been

Freedom, Mariner, Oasis, Harmony, Symphony, Serenade, Rhapsody, Jewel, and Adventure.

Now I didn't buy a bottle on all of them, but never got 'flagged' on any I did.

Downside is they sometimes have low stock on last night 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just like all the other tier levels, when it happens it happens. Just enjoying the ride along the way. 🍻

When do we sail again?  Our next booked cruise is Anthem in October to Canaries.  I am hoping.

8 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

Haven't done B2B but will be April/May 2022.  TA and then following cruise.  Same ship but have to change rooms - just a few doors down.  

We have been sailing Celebrity and get complimentary laundry.  Does Royal offer any specials on bags of laundry?  We were on Brilliance August, 2019 but don't recall. We got used to packing light and sending out laundry as were doing 12-14 day cruises in the past.  

Rcl will offer towards middle of each cruise a special laundry bag for something like $25 for whatever you can fit in the special bag your room steward will give you.  You are suppose to tie it closed but I bring a roll of scotch tape so I can fit more in it....hehe.   

I always bring a small bottle of woolite and wash our bathing suits and my bras and hang on clothesline in shower stall or on chair on balcony on a sunny port day.  Dont worry noone sees them!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

When do we sail again?  Our next booked cruise is Anthem in October to Canaries.  I am hoping.

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱 We've  got a September 2021US/Canada cruise booked on Celebrity. 🤞To stay on topic, it's not a B2B cruise.  😉

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

My Magic 8 Ball says, "cannot predict now". 🎱 We've  got a September 2021US/Canada cruise booked on Celebrity. 🤞To stay on topic, it's not a B2B cruise.  😉

Ours is a b2b with the TA following, arriving back in the US on October 30th, 2 days before CDC's November 1st date to allow ships sailing more thann7 nts to sail into the US.  

Plan wardrobe around 1-2 colors. Neutral bottoms and colored tops. Couple of scarves and jewelry will change outfits. We packed for a week and rotated.

Go to camping department at Walmart or similar and buy detergent sheets for hand washing. Smaller than package of gum and don’t leak. Take clothes line and some magnetic hooks. Pick up travel sizes of Downy wrinkle release and Febreeze spray. Hang clothes in a way that they can “air”. Take stain treatment such as Spray N Wash towelettes.

When you get laundry bag, roll clothes up tightly to save room. November/December 2019 did B2B for 31 days. Did laundry 2x. Worked well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, snichols23 said:

Plan wardrobe around 1-2 colors. Neutral bottoms and colored tops. Couple of scarves and jewelry will change outfits. We packed for a week and rotated.

Go to camping department at Walmart or similar and buy detergent sheets for hand washing. Smaller than package of gum and don’t leak. Take clothes line and some magnetic hooks. Pick up travel sizes of Downy wrinkle release and Febreeze spray. Hang clothes in a way that they can “air”. Take stain treatment such as Spray N Wash towelettes.

When you get laundry bag, roll clothes up tightly to save room. November/December 2019 did B2B for 31 days. Did laundry 2x. Worked well.

Thanks!