Where to get your new ship construction fix?

paulh84

2 hours ago, sidari said:

SW ... Still some way to go.

Ok, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  However, this post to me tells me all I need to know.  You do seem to take glee in trying to prove that you are correct.  I just don't get it.  I understand stating your opinion and providing background.  But you are taking it beyond that.   

8 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Ok, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.  However, this post to me tells me all I need to know.  You do seem to take glee in trying to prove that you are correct.  I just don't get it.  I understand stating your opinion and providing background.  But you are taking it beyond that.   

Take it any way you like, it was just a comment saying that there was still some way to go and nothing more. You appear to be the one who has an issue with it.

19 hours ago, sidari said:

Take it any way you like, it was just a comment saying that there was still some way to go and nothing more. You appear to be the one who has an issue with it.

My only issue is with how you have to always seem to negate anything anyone is saying regarding this build.  To me seem like you just want to point the negative.  People are excited yet you want to throw water on them with out true proof to support your statements.   

2 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

My only issue is with how you have to always seem to negate anything anyone is saying regarding this build.  To me seem like you just want to point the negative.  People are excited yet you want to throw water on them with out true proof to support your statements.   

I refer you to the post by Georgemoe think it is number 20.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sidari said:

Because everything MSC say is true! You have slot to learn about them.

Received this from our TA in answer to my question about Seashore, so I am still on the fence!!

Liz

We had a virtual online training the other day with MSC, mainly for their health and safety protocols, however they have advised the Seashore is still due to be ready for August so there has been no mention at all about a delay to service.

9 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Received this from our TA in answer to my question about Seashore, so I am still on the fence!!

Liz

We had a virtual online training the other day with MSC, mainly for their health and safety protocols, however they have advised the Seashore is still due to be ready for August so there has been no mention at all about a delay to service.

Liz ... Here is the conversation I had with my old travel agent back in early January who is booked on Seashore. No idea where the USA T.A got their info from. 

Hi Dave, you ok? Have you heard anything about Seashore being delayed ? I’ve heard that it’s now not going to be ready until December? I’m booked on TA in November so looks like that will be another one cancelled ! A friend who has booked in USA has been told by his travel agent that the November cruise that we both on is going to be cancelled as the ship isn’t going to be ready until December now! Everyone in UK I’ve spoken to hasn’t heard anything, so I’m hoping they have got it wrong!

Sidari

Thank for that guess we just wait till final payt, I am not happy paying for a cruise when the ship isn't ready. I also asked if vaccination are going to be mandatory and agent referred me to MSC website, so again will be a wait and see

Liz

Edited by emmas gran
spelling
  • Like 1

This is a never ending story untill delivery of the Seashore. Of course there is a lot of work to do. On the other hand, several MSC spokesmen has said now that the Seashore will be ready by august 1st 2021. I like to hold on the official channels. There is nothing said in the conversation that @sidari shows us, but rumors. Maybe the rumors can be, but for now we know for sure that they are planning first sea trials in March if you listend to the recent podcast. When the sea trials has no problems, the last phase can be quick.

If MSC wants to delay again, they will annouce that soon or they had already done that. The number of signals by several annoucements, even at the delivery of Virtuosa, Mr. Vago himself concluded that the Seashore will be on time makes and that there is no reason to hasitate;

"2021 will see a second launch of the two new MSC Cruises next-generation ships this year – the second one being MSC Seashore - bringing the fleet total to 19, with a further four to be launched by 2025. MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore, which will come into service in August 1st 2021, will offer the very latest in environmental technology, cutting-edge guest technology and a whole range of new experiences and features."

Edited by Maikell

On 1/27/2021 at 2:57 PM, sidari said:

You know where my info comes from but as per usual you refuse to accept it, the photos I posted are proof, as for your photos they could be from any of the currently sailing new builds when they were under construction! If MSC management told me it was dark outside I would go and check.

I appreciate the information you give.

People who don't can just choose to ignore you.

• Like 4

Ignoring is not the setup of a board, it is precisely here that it is put on a scale whether the information is correct and and it will be discussed, that is the essence of a board. @sverigecruiser

It also depends on how you bring the information instead of screaming that you are right anyway. I apperciate the information @sidari brings, but keeping an eye out for information that is not official but third-hand is nothing wrong with... especially on a board.

For now a new picture is reveald with Seashore on it!

Last week the funnel was installed, this week glass for

the balconys will be placed, its good to see they make fast progress with the lot work they have to do when sea trials come closer.

FB_IMG_1612786523427.jpg

Edited by Maikell

6 hours ago, Maikell said:

Ignoring is not the setup of a board, it is precisely here that it is put on a scale whether the information is correct and and it will be discussed, that is the essence of a board. @sverigecruiser

It also depends on how you bring the information instead of screaming that you are right anyway. I apperciate the information @sidari brings, but keeping an eye out for information that is not official but third-hand is nothing wrong with... especially on a board.

For now a new picture is reveald with Seashore on it!

Last week the funnel was installed, this week glass for

the balconys will be placed, its good to see they make fast progress with the lot work they have to do when sea trials come closer.

FB_IMG_1612786523427.jpg

Are you aware that the photo link to this was posted last week ? The funnel has been installed since last year as Ariel photos have shown, number 3 and 4 Generators were commissioned last week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Até said:

Several new renderings of pools, bars, lounges, etc....  I don't remember seeing those deck plan names, were those newly released also?

Until now I had never seen deck names mentioned. Some of the names are a bit perplexing for a ship that has a New York theme unless I am just sorely lacking on my New York history. 

On 2/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, Maikell said:

This is a never ending story untill delivery of the Seashore. Of course there is a lot of work to do. On the other hand, several MSC spokesmen has said now that the Seashore will be ready by august 1st 2021. I like to hold on the official channels. There is nothing said in the conversation that @sidari shows us, but rumors. Maybe the rumors can be, but for now we know for sure that they are planning first sea trials in March if you listend to the recent podcast. When the sea trials has no problems, the last phase can be quick.

If MSC wants to delay again, they will annouce that soon or they had already done that. The number of signals by several annoucements, even at the delivery of Virtuosa, Mr. Vago himself concluded that the Seashore will be on time makes and that there is no reason to hasitate;

"2021 will see a second launch of the two new MSC Cruises next-generation ships this year – the second one being MSC Seashore - bringing the fleet total to 19, with a further four to be launched by 2025. MSC Virtuosa and MSC Seashore, which will come into service in August 1st 2021, will offer the very latest in environmental technology, cutting-edge guest technology and a whole range of new experiences and features."

When is that quote from Mr Vago from, about the Virtuosa and Seashore debuting in August?

Thanks!

25 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Some of the names are a bit perplexing for a ship that has a New York theme unless I am just sorely lacking on my New York history. 

Same here, I'm just glad Seashore didn't get the Starship Club.

13 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

When is that quote from Mr Vago from, about the Virtuosa and Seashore debuting in August?

Pretty sure the copied text was from the February 1st Virtuosa press release and wasn't a quote of Vago, just part of the release.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/news/msc-virtuosa-delivery

5 minutes ago, Até said:

Same here, I'm just glad Seashore didn't get the Starship Club.

Pretty sure the copied text was from the February 1st Virtuosa press release and wasn't a quote of Vago, just part of the release.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/news/msc-virtuosa-delivery

Thank you. I saw that press release but not the part about the beginning of sailings. We're booked on the Virtuosa for July 18, 2021 and when I saw the line about the Virtuosa and the Seashore coming into service in August, I got worried. (not that I actually expect our sailing to happen, too much uncertainty about Europe for the summer, anyway!). The way that sentence was worded, it sounded like BOTH ships were debuting in August, but it seems it's just the Seashore.