Where to get your new ship construction fix?

paulh84

We've recently gone out on a wing and a prayer and booked the Seashore for February 2022. We've sailed on a few newly constructed ships and there is typically a good deal of excitement and leaked photos and details to be found during the build. This particular board is much slower than I'm used to and I'm a pretty solid internet detective. However I can find VERY little about the Seashore. Is there a dark hole in the internet I am missing or has the pandemic just brought any excitement to a halt? 

• Like 1

Very little information has been put out by MSC.  A ship model, a couple short rendering videos, float out video, cabin deck plans, and most recently the unofficial public deck plans.  There seems to be even less "leaked" information from other sources like contractors or shipyard workers.  Perhaps in a few months.

3 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

There is very little information.  I too have looked.  I did see they will be doing sea trials in March and as of now it is set to debut in August in the Med and move to Miami end of October.  

Sea trials likely in May.

1 minute ago, sidari said:

Sea trials likely in May.

Would you care to give your source?  Our are you again going to keep this a secret.  I was listening to a podcast with some officials from MCS and they stated March.  Just curious where you get your information

31 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Would you care to give your source?  Our are you again going to keep this a secret.  I was listening to a podcast with some officials from MCS and they stated March.  Just curious where you get your information

PG ... From the same person who provides me with photos of the builds and has not been wrong yet on any info passed to me, Princess were selling cruises for Discovery Princess being built at the same yard and due to sail in January 22, the ship is currently half built and will not sail despite customers being told it will!

MSC have told people on the day they booked that a given cruise will sail only to receive an email a few hours later saying it was cancelled, so it is Understandable that they trot out the company line.

I'll continue to believe the info I receive.

PG ... Seashore very recently. After the first sea trial the ship will go to the Palermo  yard and do the second sea trial on the way back to Monfalcone.

133544800_875095019917484_3824206233109699242_n.jpg

138024361_1354447841568172_4990407452710695667_n.jpg

Edited by sidari
  • Like 2

A lot of bla bla from @sidari again. No confirmed sources from him there.

The MSC Seashore will be on Sea Trial in March 2021, like the MSC official has announced. The ship has lot works on outside for painting en glass construction thats all on schedule like the interior that is almost ready. For example, beds in the cabins are placed. And, as you can see, the furniture is there already.

By technical aspects the MSC official said in the podcast that they are in the last phase to be ready for the trials. 

There is no reason to think MSC Seashore will be delayed again as we can read in a interview, with a MSC spokesman, that recently was posted on this board. He confirmed that the ship is about to set sail on august 1st 2021 and there will no further delays because MSC cruises and Fincanterie resceduled there plans.

20210127_124026.jpg

20210127_123956.jpg

Edited by Maikell

2 hours ago, Maikell said:

A lot of bla bla from @sidari again. No confirmed sources from him there.

The MSC Seashore will be on Sea Trial in March 2021, like the MSC official has announced. The ship has lot works on outside for painting en glass construction thats all on schedule like the interior that is almost ready. For example, beds in the cabins are placed. And, as you can see, the furniture is there already.

By technical aspects the MSC official said in the podcast that they are in the last phase to be ready for the trials. 

There is no reason to think MSC Seashore will be delayed again as we can read in a interview, with a MSC spokesman, that recently was posted on this board. He confirmed that the ship is about to set sail on august 1st 2021 and there will no further delays because MSC cruises and Fincanterie resceduled there plans.

20210127_124026.jpg

20210127_123956.jpg

You know where my info comes from but as per usual you refuse to accept it, the photos I posted are proof, as for your photos they could be from any of the currently sailing new builds when they were under construction! If MSC management told me it was dark outside I would go and check.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidari said:

You know where my info comes from but as per usual you refuse to accept it, the photos I posted are proof, as for your photos they could be from any of the currently sailing new builds when they were under construction! 

Sidari,  In fairness, your photos do not have any dates on them either.  Also, even if the sea trials were in May that do not mean that an August date is not feasible.  

23 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Sidari,  In fairness, your photos do not have any dates on them either.  Also, even if the sea trials were in May that do not mean that an August date is not feasible.  

PG ... I have never said that August is not feasible, I said that my info was that October was the date I was given due to the delays. My photos were taken less than two weeks ago.

What are you?! We refused it because its no official statement. It can be, but it is not confirmed in anyway. I thought you do not matter any sourch anyway, just for you this time; 

The photos where placed on 24th of december 2020 as the picture shows you below. Imagine Seashores progress inside at this moment.

Now for once stop your outstanding behavior you turn out to all the replys. Please come with info that we can check or that are comfirmed and do not bring rumors as facts! 

@sidari your turn... 😉

20210127_181355.thumb.jpg.49309d013ac6a48b9d98d60868e98bda.jpg

Edited by Maikell

5 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Sidari,  I could also say that how do we even know that your pics are from the Seashore build.  No where on the ship do I see Seashore.  The same questions that you put on the other pics could be put right back on yours.  

PG. ...Anyone who knows anything about the Seaside original and the Seashore Evo class can clearly see the difference, the big give away is the new lower top deck on the photo at the back which Seaside does not have nor Seaview. Seashore has one continuous deck from the Aft pool where the other two have exterior staircases. Seashore balcony sides on the Angles are curved whereas the other two have an angle. There are numerous other differences if you know where to look.

• Like 1

I'm booked in April 22 on Seashore and can't wait for more details. I sailed Seaside in April of 2018 having booked early in 2016. I followed Sidari's informative posts for almost 2 years waiting for that cruise. Great info No reason to doubt him now especially given the covid issues.  

• Like 2