Anyone cancelled by Carnival for April get refunds yet?

cruisingguy007

30 minutes ago, Bostwick girl said:

I received my March 1 cancellation in about 8 days, and so did my grandson.

Thanks for the info. Just curious, what was the turn around from the request date? Trying to gauge when I should expect the refund to hit the account. 

Just received refund notification to my Credit Card on two cancelled May cruises. I used the link provided in the Carnival cancellation email and that was only 13 days ago. To me receiving a refund in under 2 weeks is great customer service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Just received refund notification to my Credit Card on two cancelled May cruises. I used the link provided in the Carnival cancellation email and that was only 13 days ago. To me receiving a refund in under 2 weeks is great customer service.

That's good to hear, also did the same online form, so hoping I will see something by Monday, according to your timeline.  Thanks for the update!

Wow, I requested a refund on Jan 22 for my Med cruise in May on the Legend and my card was credited on Jan 29.  Thanks for the heads up since I wasn't expecting it so soon!

Edited by LEtue

So update, submitted form 1/25/21, credit card statement shows posted date of 1/27/21, however did receive a call on 1/28/21 asking if I wanted to transfer deposit to another booked cruise in Nov. 2022, declined and requested refund instead.  However after watching my credit card account for a week, I didn't actually see it posted until 2/5/21.  But very grateful for the quick turn-around time as well.  Especially glad to have had my last 2 cruises cancelled prior to final payment dates, much less to deal with.

Hmmm. I am assuming my Alaska 2021 cruise is going to be cancelled. I logged into Carnival and cancelled the excursions almost 2 weeks ago. I've done it before & switched to a different excursion and it was instant..... Still no refund.

I called my PVP and requested a full refund for the cruise itself. I had already paid in full . I didn't cancel because I'd lose the deposit but if they cancel I can get it back.  He made the changes & it shows I now owe a balance but he told me it could take 2-3 weeks for the refund.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:44 PM, pamesacruisin said:

I cancelled a FTTF 4 days ago that I had purchased using a gift card.  Very surprised when Fed Ex showed up today with a new gift card for the refund amount.  Talk about fast!

The FTTF for my Carnival Horizon cruise in August 2020 was just refunded to us...

I admittedly had no idea we hadn't already been refunded.