Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

Ok  I have been ok with princess sending photocopy of my share certificate

and a screenshot of my holding  using Shareview   at Equiniti who are the

UK registrars of Carnival PLC   .    I used to have the shares held by equiniti

but got a certificate when they  started charging something ridiculous

for an electronic entry.   

Is it not possible to log into HL.  and get a print of something showing

name address and shareholding dated recently?

10 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Working on it. 

Log on to your HL account then select Fund & Share account (or whichever account you hold them in)

At the bottom you will see “PDF version” This gives you a simpler statement of you account.

You need to blank out anything not relevant using a PDF editor. Google to find a free one.

Once you are happy you can save the file and attach it to your application 

Brian

Thanks Brian. Unfortunately time is running out so our travel agent is helping. 
Have now sent evidence of shareholding and waiting to hear if it can be processed quickly. Lesson learnt. Next time I will deal with the application instead of going down the HL route. 

12 minutes ago, BrianI said:

Log on to your HL account then select Fund & Share account (or whichever account you hold them in)

At the bottom you will see “PDF version” This gives you a simpler statement of you account.

You need to blank out anything not relevant using a PDF editor. Google to find a free one.

Once you are happy you can save the file and attach it to your application 

Brian

This is what I did, except rather than downloading a PDF editor I used Paint to blank out my client number then 'printed' it to PDF as an image so the redaction couldn't be undone.

I've seen people mention that the shareholding proof should include your address, despite the wording of the Carnival instructions which to me reads that it should be blacked out along with the client number.  However, the HL statement doesn't show my address.  Earlier this week I submitted it by e-mail and had the OBC confirmed, and a new confirmation issued, in less than 24 hours.

Personally I'd always rather do any such admin directly myself if possible rather than involve a 3rd party, in this case HL.  But then I'm an administrator by trade!  

The P&O 'military benefit' OBC is linked to the Defence Discount Service card (you have to provide P&O with the card number and take the card with you on the cruise) and is combinable with shareholder benefit. 

The T&Cs on the DDS website are a little misleading because they refer to amounts per cabin and don't clarify that in fact it is per person.  For example, for a 14-night cruise in a balcony cabin DDS show the OBC as £130 per cabin but on the P&O website it is £65 per person.  If there's only one person in the cabin the OBC is £65, regardless of any single supplement which may have been paid. 

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

I wish it had been as easy for us. H&L were requested to apply for shareholder benefits and told me that the request was processed on 12th October for a Princess cruise on 5th November. Princess are adamant that no such application has been received. Our next cruise is P&O and I will be dealing directly with them. Right now I am fairly sure my $250 obc will not be applied. 

Have you requested H&L to resend the information?

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

I wish it had been as easy for us. H&L were requested to apply for shareholder benefits and told me that the request was processed on 12th October for a Princess cruise on 5th November. Princess are adamant that no such application has been received. Our next cruise is P&O and I will be dealing directly with them. Right now I am fairly sure my $250 obc will not be applied. 

In my experience it’s not been HL that have been the problem. When one wasn’t applied I spent a few days and quite a few emails. Ended up getting HL to forward me the email they had sent to Carnival. Then showed this to Cunard and suddenly they “found it”. 

I'm old school. I print off a copy of my investment portfolio. Then I tippex out or cover up irrelevant  information,  take a photo and send it as an attachment to an email requesting my obc.

Never had a problem.

As an aside - HL - stormy waters ahead,  with the class action pending. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm old school. I print off a copy of my investment portfolio. Then I tippex out or cover up irrelevant  information,  take a photo and send it as an attachment to an email requesting my obc.

Never had a problem.

As an aside - HL - stormy waters ahead,  with the class action pending. 

What class action. I’m an innocent abroad when it comes to share dealing. Only bought these for the benefits. 

3 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Yes I have. It appears that they don’t send individual applications, rather a job lot when they have a number to send off. I didn’t expect that. 

We hold our shares with ii who seem to do the same, but if it's a fairly automated process I don't see why they can't be sent individually.

Just now, sandancer said:

Me too. Next time it will definitely be individual as I’ll do it myself. How much notice would you give.?  HL say not before 21 days. Do you agree?

I would ask three months prior.

15 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. Next P&O cruise is in March so I’ll start the process in January. 

Extract from P&O website which is self explanatory.

Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure. Any late bookings made within the 21 days will not be eligible for shareholder benefits

Brian

7 hours ago, BrianI said:

Extract from P&O website which is self explanatory.

Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure. Any late bookings made within the 21 days will not be eligible for shareholder benefits

Brian

I haven't seen this before, I just went by the information on the document I found online. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

It doesn't give any maximum timeline or mention the balance due date (but does say no later than 3 weeks in one paragraph and no later than 4 weeks in another).  I recently submitted a request more than 4 months ahead and haven't yet paid the balance, and I received confirmation of the shareholder benefits within less than 24 hours.

Edited by Tigrou
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

I haven't seen this before, I just went by the information on the document I found online. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

It doesn't give any maximum timeline or mention the balance due date (but does say no later than 3 weeks in one paragraph and no later than 4 weeks in another).  I recently submitted a request more than 4 months ahead and haven't yet paid the balance, and I received confirmation of the shareholder benefits within less than 24 hours.

It also says that e-mail is an inherently insecure method of communication, although P&O use it for all their communications with passengers. 

I wonder if Paul Ludlow has read the Carnival Shareholder information?

LOL  I have always read the  instructions incorrectly!!!   

"(for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address and your brokerage account number blacked out)"    I think it is because it is such a long statement I stop to breathe  (for example, photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your current mailing address ....Breathe......

and your brokerage account number blacked out)

Not that I see the problem with leaving your address on?

I have seen posts where  people have sent them in the week before and had a reply by return  and some where they sent them in  weeks before and didnt get a reply before they left home  but took the proof with them that they had applied   and got it whilst on board.

I think they just want to keep the applications spread over as long as possible as they  wont want to be swamped though I imagine it will be pretty much the same year round.   

Anyway  when they got a bit stroppy with my application at HAL  it did occur to me the exercise  is very open to abuse  as I could have bought shares 4 weeks before sailing ,  applied and got OBC then sold them before going on the cruise?

Edited by Aulanis