Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

17 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Cunard , which is same email address and same office as P&O , sent on Monday got response and confirmations today, for cruises in April and June .

They’re not currently administering any cruises after the 31st July 2023 as the benefit rates may change according to an email I’ve just received following a request for benefit on an Arcadia cruise later next year. 

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Let’s hope they plan to standardise the benefits. I don’t get why we were given $250 on our recent Princess cruise but only £150 on our P&O cruise in March. 

That sounds a bit too hopeful to me.  The rates are the same as they have been for a long time, the difference being the currency exchange rates.  Given a much lower £ gives them less in dollars for their HO, I  do not see increasing the share benefit on £ ships will have any place in their minds.

The rates have always been re assessed annually, presumably having to be set by the board, but have continued much the same.  Always could be a change though.

The rates for the following year tend to be announced a good three months ahead, so will.presumably be clear before final.payment dates when I think most people think of applying for the share benefit.

Edited by tring

25 minutes ago, tring said:

That sounds a bit too hopeful to me.  The rates are the same as they have been for a long time, the difference being the currency exchange rates.  Given a much lower £ gives them less in dollars for their HO, I  do not see increasing the share benefit on £ ships will have any place in their minds.

The rates have always been re assessed annually, presumably having to be set by the board, but have continued much the same.  Always could be a change though.

The rates for the following year tend to be announced a good three months ahead, so will.presumably be clear before final.payment dates when I think most people think of applying for the share benefit.

The meeting to discuss the rates is in March 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

Let’s hope they plan to standardise the benefits. I don’t get why we were given $250 on our recent Princess cruise but only £150 on our P&O cruise in March. 

The post Brexit devaluation in the pound has not been factored into the P&O shareholder benefit, as it used to be in the past. Will it change next year, I very much doubt it.

4 hours ago, devonuk said:

They’re not currently administering any cruises after the 31st July 2023 as the benefit rates may change according to an email I’ve just received following a request for benefit on an Arcadia cruise later next year. 

I was lucky then. 

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

I agree. At current exchange rates the sterling rate should be around £200. However it was increased to £150 from £125 some time ago - circa 10 years ago.

It may happen again but there again maybe not.

Brian

On 12/11/2022 at 10:45 AM, devonuk said:

When did it change from requesting once final balance has been paid?  Princess still insist on not applying until 90 days before sailing.  You could have sold your shares long before sailing the way P and O are currently administering this.

46 minutes ago, Pippa04 said:

When did it change from requesting once final balance has been paid?  Princess still insist on not applying until 90 days before sailing.  You could have sold your shares long before sailing the way P and O are currently administering this.

To be honest,  I don't think Carnival are too worried about people buying and then selling the shares in order to obtain obc. The sums involved are minuscule in the scale of things. 

The cost to Carnival in actual profit for shareholder obc, is probably less than £50. Too little to worry about.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

To be honest,  I don't think Carnival are too worried about people buying and then selling the shares in order to obtain obc. The sums involved are minuscule in the scale of things. 

The cost to Carnival in actual profit for shareholder obc, is probably less than £50. Too little to worry about.

Maybe. I was just interested in when the ruling for P and O became so relaxed while Princess are still very hot on it.  I got a slap on the wrist from Princess recently for applying a week too early!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Or was it just an auto response ?

It was the confirmation email with the attached booking confirmation listing the increased onboard spending money. I reckon the support staff were sitting about with little to do. The auto reply email arrived within a minute of my request.

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

It was the confirmation email with the attached booking confirmation listing the increased onboard spending money. I reckon the support staff were sitting about with little to do. The auto reply email arrived within a minute of my request.

That is speedy !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davecttr said:

That was quick, I sent the shareholder benefit email at 17.10 and the confirmation email arrived 12 minutes later 🤑

And I thought ours from P&O came through quick    sent 2pm on  22nd Dec   recd  12pm on 23rd.

Rather better than the 2 weeks I spent arguing with Holland America in the US.

ADD     They also say  as we booked via a TA I have to order a revised  booking confirmation to see it??   Does it not appear anywhere else

,  In our account online?   in the app?    

Edited by Aulanis
query

31 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

And I thought ours from P&O came through quick    sent 2pm on  22nd Dec   recd  12pm on 23rd.

Rather better than the 2 weeks I spent arguing with Holland America in the US.

ADD     They also say  as we booked via a TA I have to order a revised  booking confirmation to see it??   Does it not appear anywhere else

,  In our account online?   in the app?    

I asked my TA, no problem.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:02 AM, reef112 said:

A quick question for other shareholders.

I bought enough shares to get the benefit on board. I used eToro - and I'm finding it impossible to find a page/document that gives all the required info to send on to Carnival for them to implement the on board extras. I've emailed eToro a few times, but whatever they come back with still doesn't seem to be right to fit the criteria Carnival would want.

Who did you guys use to buy your Carnival shares? 
Anyone used eToro and know where I can find the correct info?

Thanks in advance 🙂
Dan

Hargreaves and Landsdown.....The first time I rang them and they inform the company about you holding shares......but they dont show up until you actually book in on board. PRINCESS do a similar thing.Tell them REF NO....SHIP...DATES