Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

On 5/4/2021 at 9:42 AM, wowzz said:

After the scandalous way HL were promoting Woodford funds, when the funds were basically broke, and making millions in the process, I'm surprised that anyone still uses them.

H&L have been excellent- I've used a few brokers and other than the share centre which got bought out, they are very responsive and reliable. The woodford was on their recommended list (not sure how they got there) but I steer clear of those recommendations anyway. I don't know much about it but hey..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, littlehetty1 said:

hi do you get the extra obs  on a saver fare or do you have to book a select fare to get it? cheers

Share holder credit is usually allowed to both fare types, unless you have an additional discount by using  a blue light card or Military benefit here in the UK

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BouncingWheel said:

What if you have multiple cruises in a year? Can you request shareholder benefit for each cruise? Seems a decent deal if you can.

You can claim for all cruises. It works well for us retired folk who have lots of cruises😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

I have just received the confirmatory invoice for my shareholder benefit on my May cruise. Seven days from my request. I now have £22.85 OBC per day or £160 for the week.

£160 for the week?  Is that just the shareholder benefit or did you have some OBC as well?

43 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Obviously got £100 as part of the original booking as for 7nt cruises you only get £60 obc shareholder benefit.

Makes sense. I was starting to worry !

On 3/6/2022 at 9:25 PM, LifeonMars said:

Share holder credit is usually allowed to both fare types, unless you have an additional discount by using  a blue light card or Military benefit here in the UK

No true we have blue light and shareholder OBC in July

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruising.mark.uk said:

Not lucky.  The credits are combinable. We've received both military and shareholder OBC on every CCL cruise we have done (20+ on P&O, Cunard and Princess).

Likewise. 

• 7 months later...

I am currently having a spat with Holland America.

I sent them what I always send to Princess UK  ever since they stopped sending

dividends.  (Copy share certificate  , holders number blanked and  copy page from equinity)   and they said it was not enough. Lucky i sent it early.

I have gone back and said there is nothing else I have  and copied in 

Beth Roberts  SVP Investor Relations,  so waiting to see what happens.

On another tack they are still asking for Medically observed Covid tests.

so £30pp as against  ~£1.50pp   I have asked them why but no reply.

Success - sent a long explanation as to why nothing they ask for as proof of

ownership  is available and including  the definition of a share certificate as proof of ownership in the uk) and they have said we will be credited  upon boarding???  

It doesnt appear to show anywhere will be taking copy cert and copy of their email;

On 3/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, BouncingWheel said:

What if you have multiple cruises in a year? Can you request shareholder benefit for each cruise? Seems a decent deal if you can.

A couple of weeks ago I phoned H&L and gave them the details of my next 3 cruises. They said it shouldn't be a problem, but I would be notified nearer the time of the cruise. The first has just been confirmed.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:56 PM, BouncingWheel said:

Yes. We apply about 6 weeks before the cruise. We do a scan of the Shares (done through Barclays) and attach to the email. They require name of person the shares are held by, quantity number of shares held (this is new), date of cruise, cruise number and your reference code for the cruise.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:25 PM, LifeonMars said:

You can definitely get both share holder credit and blue light card credit - had it myself last month.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

You can definitely get both share holder credit and blue light card credit - had it myself last month.

I got refused shareholder credit back in July last year for a 6 day short cruise. are you confusing Blue light Card to that of Military Discount, which although run by the same company are slightly different with regards to P&O discounts 

Thank you for your email. 

Please be advised that your shareholder benefits are no combinable with your Blue Light Card discount as cannot apply both promotions to the booking. If you would like the extra on board credit applied to the booking £30.00 then you will miss out on the discount already applied from your Blue Light Card and there will likely be a further deposit due if you wanted to change this. 

Guest Services 
Shareholder Benefits 
Carnival UK 

Edited by LifeonMars

4 hours ago, LifeonMars said:

I got refused shareholder credit back in July last year for a 6 day short cruise. are you confusing Blue light Card to that of Military Discount, which although run by the same company are slightly different with regards to P&O discounts 

Thank you for your email. 

Please be advised that your shareholder benefits are no combinable with your Blue Light Card discount as cannot apply both promotions to the booking. If you would like the extra on board credit applied to the booking £30.00 then you will miss out on the discount already applied from your Blue Light Card and there will likely be a further deposit due if you wanted to change this. 

Guest Services 
Shareholder Benefits 
Carnival UK 

Ah, I think things were a bit different last year. Certainly during the summer, they were doing 'staycation' cruises with pretty much a 50% discount for blue light card holders rather than the onboard credit you normally get for being a blc holder (I went on one for my birthday, half price balcony for a 3 night cruise, was a total bargain!). I wasn't a shareholder back then, so no idea if I would have been able to get shareholder credit as well.

However, last month I absolutely did get the blue light card onboard credit (there was no discount, it was only an offer for obc) alongside my shareholder obc.

No idea about military discount, I'm not nor ever have been in the military.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, Otter18 said:

A couple of weeks ago I phoned H&L and gave them the details of my next 3 cruises. They said it shouldn't be a problem, but I would be notified nearer the time of the cruise. The first has just been confirmed.

I wish it had been as easy for us. H&L were requested to apply for shareholder benefits and told me that the request was processed on 12th October for a Princess cruise on 5th November. Princess are adamant that no such application has been received. Our next cruise is P&O and I will be dealing directly with them. Right now I am fairly sure my $250 obc will not be applied. 

Just now, sandancer said:

I wish it had been as easy for us. H&L were requested to apply for shareholder benefits and told me that the request was processed on 12th October for a Princess cruise on 5th November. Princess are adamant that no such application has been received. Our next cruise is P&O and I will be dealing directly with them. Right now I am fairly sure my $250 obc will not be applied. 

We always download info and send off ourselves. Just had one confirmed in a couple of days.