Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

1 hour ago, slug33ukuk said:

Hargreaves and Landsdown.....The first time I rang them and they inform the company about you holding shares......but they dont show up until you actually book in on board. PRINCESS do a similar thing.Tell them REF NO....SHIP...DATES

Has the HL process actually worked for you?

Didn’t for me. I gave them all the info they needed for our Princess cruise confidently expecting them to deal with the application. What I didn’t realise was that they would hold onto it until they had a group of applications and then send them off in a job lot. My travel agent intervened and we got the green light 48 hours before we left home. For our next cruise I simply applied myself as advised by some of our helpful posters and the OBC was added in around a week. We don’t cruise until March. My advice DIY. 

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Has the HL process actually worked for you?

Not for me, I rang them and they assured me it was all done but it wasn't showing up on the booking, fortunately my TA chased it up for me and it was all rectified within a few hours.

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

Didn’t for me. I gave them all the info they needed for our Princess cruise confidently expecting them to deal with the application. What I didn’t realise was that they would hold onto it until they had a group of applications and then send them off in a job lot. My travel agent intervened and we got the green light 48 hours before we left home. For our next cruise I simply applied myself as advised by some of our helpful posters and the OBC was added in around a week. We don’t cruise until March. My advice DIY. 

Exactly why I asked my question 👍

2 hours ago, ozzysdad said:

Not for me, I rang them and they assured me it was all done but it wasn't showing up on the booking, fortunately my TA chased it up for me and it was all rectified within a few hours.

Similar to my experience. Why wait until you’re onboard and when it could be too late. 

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Which is why I always do it myself. 

Print off my portfolio, hide/tippex all irrelevant data, take a photo and send off my claim. Takes five minutes, plus I have proof of my application.

Works for me and my shares are in fact held with HL. They messed up twice for me so never again 👍

3 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Works for me and my shares are in fact held with HL. They messed up twice for me so never again 👍

Fortunately I dont use HL, for which I am very grateful considering the enormous law suit they are facing !

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Applied for my Shareholder Benefit by e-mail direct with P&O on Monday for my cruise on Iona in March and this morning had e-mail confirmation that my OBC has been added. Very impressed.

Similarly, submitted my Princess claim yesterday morning, and the $250 obc appeared on my account this afternoon.  Another impressed cruiser! 

• 1 month later...

So you had to book by 28/2/23 for the current shareholder benefits, can’t see anything on the page about extensions, wonder when they will announce if its continuing, or not?

I have a cruise booked for May and next March so would be nice to have some extra OBC

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit/

httpswww.carnivalcorp.comstatic-files50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f.png

The notice you have posted is from the 2021 annual meeting?

The 2022 annual results are just being announced  and may contain the extension or

amendment.   The current one covers until July 2023  so you can claim now for your cruise

in May 23    You will just have to wait until the  next one is published for your cruise in March24.

19 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

The notice you have posted is from the 2021 annual meeting?

The 2022 annual results are just being announced  and may contain the extension or

amendment.   The current one covers until July 2023  so you can claim now for your cruise

in May 23    You will just have to wait until the  next one is published for your cruise in March24.

Continuation of shareholder benefit for a further year has been announced.

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Quick ? I use Interactive Investor for my share isa dealings and as we have a few P&O bookings coming up for the first time decided to add carnival.

The thing Im curious about is that I only ever get a contract note on this platform and a  quarterly statement so how on earth do P&O actually know im still in possession or do they want portfolio screenshots which seem even less proof to me as they have no contract number attached.

1 hour ago, ighten said:

Quick ? I use Interactive Investor for my share isa dealings and as we have a few P&O bookings coming up for the first time decided to add carnival.

The thing Im curious about is that I only ever get a contract note on this platform and a  quarterly statement so how on earth do P&O actually know im still in possession or do they want portfolio screenshots which seem even less proof to me as they have no contract number attached.

I also have my Carnival shares with ii, and I agree their website does not seem to allow you to print off a suitable statement.

I have used their secure messaging to request them to send Carnival proof of my ownership, which they do, but they only send them in the last 4-6 weeks before the cruise, which does not leave much time to sort out any potential.problens.