Shareholder Benefit

wowzz

15 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

It also says that e-mail is an inherently insecure method of communication, although P&O use it for all their communications with passengers. 

I wonder if Paul Ludlow has read the Carnival Shareholder information?

Good point. P&O once emailed all our holiday details, including name, address, dates etc, to a complete stranger by misspelling the first part of the email address.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are back from our cruise and did indeed get the shareholder benefits after a struggle. Our next cruise is in March on the Arvia. This time I intend to apply directly and not allow our stockbroker to apply on our behalf. I understand you can apply 12 weeks out from the departure date and you can complete a form online. Is this correct?  Thanks to everyone for the advice given previously. 

4 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are back from our cruise and did indeed get the shareholder benefits after a struggle. Our next cruise is in March on the Arvia. This time I intend to apply directly and not allow our stockbroker to apply on our behalf. I understand you can apply 12 weeks out from the departure date and you can complete a form online. Is this correct?  Thanks to everyone for the advice given previously. 

Not come across a form, you can e-mail to :- shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

along with your cruise details and an attachment showing your share holding in Carnival, with your name and the date.

35 minutes ago, sandancer said:

There is no form to fill in.

You just need to provide the relevant information in an email.

All the information you need is here.

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

Brian

47 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Yes.  I always, apply as soon as we make full payment i.e. 12 weeks before sailing.  Gives time for follow up.  Glad you're sorted now though. 

(Like others I do a copy from my on-line account, print it, redact personal details then send as an attachment by email.)

Edited by kruzseeka

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

You can apply anytime we’ve got ours applied for cruises up to end of July next year

That contradicts the info posted by Briani. 

Please be aware that to apply your shareholder benefits to a booking these must only be sent to us after the balance due date of 90 days prior to departure, and no later than 21 days prior to departure. Any late bookings made within the 21 days will not be eligible for shareholder benefits.

43 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I applied last week for my Avia cruise in Sep 23. Reply in 48 hours, no problems.

So I assume final payment has been made way in advance?

I decided to test the water and sent off my application. Haven’t made final yet. 

Edited by sandancer

4 hours ago, Mollag said:

You can apply anytime we’ve got ours applied for cruises up to end of July next year

I don't doubt at all what you're saying but I am surprised as I always thought you had to hold the shares when full payment is due. Otherwise how do they know whether you will sell the shares in the meantime?  

1 minute ago, sandancer said:

So I assume final payment has been made way in advance?

That may be the answer.  They will apply the benefit after full payment irrespective of how far ahead that is?   

This could be more common at the moment as people had FCC to spend therefore effectively paid for their cruise at the time of booking. But for most bookings, especially going forward with fewer and fewer FCC bookings, where only a deposit is paid, I assume the 90 day stipulation will still apply. 

36 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You assume wrongly. Normal deposit made.

Gosh - if that's the case I'll apply for mine.   

But it flies in the face of P&O's statement as quoted in post #135

Another example of the left and right hand - or confusing admin systems?? 

10 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I don't doubt at all what you're saying but I am surprised as I always thought you had to hold the shares when full payment is due. Otherwise how do they know whether you will sell the shares in the meantime?  

No only paid the balance been the same for years never had a problem 

1 minute ago, Mollag said:

No only paid the balance been the same for years never had a problem 

Sorry, dont follow.  I'd expect it to be applied after the balance is paid.

Do you mean the benefit was applied after only paying the deposit, or after balance paid.  

1 hour ago, kruzseeka said:

Sorry, dont follow.  I'd expect it to be applied after the balance is paid.

Do you mean the benefit was applied after only paying the deposit, or after balance paid.  

Sorry I meant to put only paid the deposit 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

You could sell the  shares anytime after you get the obc applied.  Its based on you holding it at the time of the application.

1 hour ago, Dinglebert said:

You could sell the  shares anytime after you get the obc applied.  Its based on you holding it at the time of the application.

I think it's supposed to be based on you holding them when you cruise, even though there is a latitude of 21 days to cover the administration period.

But I have heard over many years that you can apply and receive it much earlier than final balance payment date.