Crooner’s on Sky Princess

Ektrax

I just booked a January 2022 cruise on the Sky Princess.  This will be our first time on Sky.  I was looking at deck plans, and I can’t seem to find Crooner’s bar.  That’s one of our favorite places to go.  Does anyone know if I just missed it on the deck plans?  Or maybe a different name?  Or... and be gentle here...there is no Crooner’s on the Sky?

Edited by Ektrax

The Jazz-themed Take Five bar with live entertainment took the place of Crooners but is located in the previous Club 6 location which we never liked so it’s a great improvement to us. It’s located on deck 6 port side at the lower level Princess Theater entrance.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/ship-highlights/take-five.html

Apparently Princess responded to loyal Crooners patrons because on Enchanted & Discovery it’s returned to the Piazza.

Take Five

3510473A-11A0-4B15-96A1-C91BBB0F71AA.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

Take 5 is just in a strange location IMO.  The one time we tried goin in there, they were having some sort of seminar on fitness or some spa related thing.  It was during the daytime.  It's not a location that is open to passersby where you can people watch.  We tended to find ourselves heading to Princess Live! for evening entertainment.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:10 PM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

We liked Take 5 quite a bit and spent some time there most nights on our b2b TA in 2019.  It would be great to have both Crooner's and Take 5.

We enjoyed it as well. My youngest, who was 21 when we were on her in Jan. 2020, spent every night there.

We learned to accept Take-5 as an adequate location for pre-dinner drinks, but it sure didn't have the relaxing feel like Crooners.  It may have been because it was louder than Crooners...or the idea that you didn't hear/see things taking place throughout the Piazza!  Crooners has always been our go to...maybe a deal breaker for sailing on the Sky again.

• Like 2

yeah, we have our pre-dinner beverages in Vines, but Crooners was a go-to after shows, etc at night

Take-5 didn't "do it" for us , but others seem tol really enjoy it

maybe just bad timing, night, etc for us ...

11 hours ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

We learned to accept Take-5 as an adequate location for pre-dinner drinks, but it sure didn't have the relaxing feel like Crooners.  It may have been because it was louder than Crooners..

Crooners does not have the four walls around a relatively small space which would contain the sounds.

On 3/9/2021 at 1:39 PM, voljeep said:

yeah, we have our pre-dinner beverages in Vines, but Crooners was a go-to after shows, etc at night

Take-5 didn't "do it" for us , but others seem tol really enjoy it

maybe just bad timing, night, etc for us ...

I’m with you on this one.  We really missed Crooners