Stay tuned...new homeport announcement tomorrow

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

LA to Hawaii is 2500 miles. You would still need one stop in a foreign country. That’s a lot of miles to do in 7 days. 

PC to St Maarten is 1500 miles just for perspective. 

He never said that the RT would need to be in 7 days.  Other lines that do it from the west coast usually stop in Ensenada and do it in 14 or 15 days.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

LA to Hawaii is 2500 miles. You would still need one stop in a foreign country. That’s a lot of miles to do in 7 days. 

PC to St Maarten is 1500 miles just for perspective. 

Who said anything about only 7 nights and remember Ensenada would be a logical foreign port stop on the way back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

He never said that the RT would need to be in 7 days.  Other lines that do it from the west coast usually stop in Ensenada and do it in 14 or 15 days.

I just assumed the Max would be 7 days. My bad. Doesn’t that make it even more unlikely Royal would add more ships?  I don’t know?

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I live in Florida because I choose to.

You live in CA because you choose to.

Plenty of folks in CA will enjoy these itineraries. 

As others have said, you might want to consider Celebrity. 

Actually it wasn't my choice..it was my parents in the early 1950's.

Grew up, went to school, married, had a family and here I'll be..no complaints.

Not too happy with Celebrity right now...but we'll see how that turns out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hopefully this will be profitable and RCI will open up more itineraries...just didn't think they would market Navigator as a 3/4 night party boat.

It's all about Royal, drink packages, spending money on board, etc ... after all, who in the hell is going to get off in Ensenada when they book a b2b2b2b?

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bummer. Cruise lengths are way to short and boring itinerary. We'll pass. 👎👎

Ditto, MEGA pass for me

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The new cruisers that Royal wants to attract are not going to sign up for a cruise on a Vision class ship.  

there’s a reason that Royal has become so successful in the 3/4 day market and that’s because they put newer, amped ships that are designed to attract new cruisers. 

This ^

However they could've done so so SOOOOO much better... San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Fran overnight, Seattle... PV, Loretto, Ixtapa/Zihuat/Huatulco/Aculpolco like when Radiance did it. I would've paid a premium for an awesome 10-14 day itinerary that went as far south as Acupulco. How about a b2b with a 14 day Mexican itinerary as mentioned above + a 14 day Hawaii itinerary? Make you a bet that would be a massive seller.... just like the Grandeur one-of-a-kind itineraries out of Barbados

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

It's all about Royal, drink packages, spending money on board, etc ... after all, who in the hell is going to get off in Ensenada when they book a b2b2b2b?

Ditto, MEGA pass for me

This ^

However they could've done so so SOOOOO much better... San Diego, Santa Barbara, San Fran overnight, Seattle... PV, Loretto, Ixtapa/Zihuat/Huatulco/Aculpolco like when Radiance did it. I would've paid a premium for an awesome 10-14 day itinerary that went as far south as Acupulco. How about a b2b with a 14 day Mexican itinerary as mentioned above + a 14 day Hawaii itinerary? Make you a bet that would be a massive seller.... just like the Grandeur one-of-a-kind itineraries out of Barbados

I like it !!!!

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Last time on Navigator was 2016. She already had the extra cabins on deck 11 and 12. Did she have more amping since then?

No idea on time line. Were the slides on then.

Where's Bob when you need him

Edited by John&LaLa

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

I believe the main reasons Mariner didn't work out was the H1N1 and the violence in Mexico.

We did many cruises on board Viking Serenade when it was here but didn't get a chance to sail on Mariner as everything happened so quickly.

I would have been very happy with a 7 night Mexican Riviera itinerary...an even smaller Vision class could easily do the 3/4 night party boat itinerary.

I think this was a lost opportunity for RCI and am very disappointed considering their options.

Oh how nice a RT from LA to Hawaii would be or even to combine the 3/4 nighter with some coastal itineraries.

RCI missed the boat on this....hope they'll realize it in time.

Our first West Coast cruise was also on Viking Serenade.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hear you and it's worse for me living in the middle of the country, Kansas City.

We started cruising in 1989

Lived in St Louis, MO

Flew to Miami to board a 30 year old, converted ocean liner for a 3 day cruise. 😱

Every cruise after that for next 25 years was either a flight or an 8 hour drive.

Some folks just don't get it 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I think of the money I would save in airfare and hotels by living in Florida. It would enable us to cruise even more. Just waiting on my son to see where he ends up.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We started cruising in 1989

Lived in St Louis, MO

Flew to Miami to board a 30 year old, converted ocean liner for a 3 day cruise. 😱

Every cruise after that for next 25 years was either a flight or an 8 hour drive.

I get it...we have had to fly for every cruise since RCI left.

I'm super excited to sail out of San Pedro Oct 2022 for the Panama Canal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think of the money I would save in airfare and hotels by living in Florida. It would enable us to cruise even more. Just waiting on my son to see where he ends up.

You can stay at our place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just assumed the Max would be 7 days. My bad. Doesn’t that make it even more unlikely Royal would add more ships?  I don’t know?

The sporadic RT to Hawaii on Princess and Carnival doesn't justify having a ship doing those runs all of the time.  The occasionality of it makes it profitable. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I get it...we have had to fly for every cruise since RCI left.

Agree.  We've adjusted to having to fly for every cruise.  Our last cruise with RCCL from San Pedro was on the Mariner.

We sailed on the Navigator in 2018, B5B, out of Southampton.  The sailing before the transatlantic, the Navigator experienced an azipod problem..."hole in the hull"...with sea water getting into Deck 2.

Looking forward to finally sailing again out of San Pedro...but we hope we don't experience another azipod problem again. 😇

• Like 2