New Default Itinerary Name

hoopslover

We are booked on a b2b in Sept-Oct 2021 in Europe.  The second half of the b2b was just listed as Default Itinerary Name this morning.  The first part is still listed but suspect it may change soon.

We have a b2b to Alaska in August and our cruises have been listed as Default Itinerary Name for the last 2 months.  I wish NCL would just cancel, give us our fcc so we can book some 2022 cruises.

Fully vaccinated and ready to do!

Donna

• Like 1

Default Itinerary Name normally means that the itinerary no longer exists. And the cruise line is in the process of cancelling the cruise. Takes a bit of time to cancel tens of thousands of reservations and finalize the refunds. There are a few exceptions like Alaska where the cancellation has been pending for a few months now as the US Government and Cruise Lines work to try and salvage part of the Alaskan season. 

Just got an email that Norwegian Jade Itineraries prior to October 28, Norwegian Jewel prior to October 5th and Norwegian Encore prior to November 4th Itineraries are cancelled.

Sounds like the ships will be redeployed.

15 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Default Itinerary Name normally means that the itinerary no longer exists. And the cruise line is in the process of cancelling the cruise.

BUT not always.  As I posted on another thread, my Sept 2021 cruise had this name for about three weeks, but then re-posted with a slightly modified itinerary sailing one day earlier.  All booked passengers get an extra day and port at no change in fare.  That works for me provided we do sail.

49 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

For these cancelled cruises, where were Encore, Jewel and Jade supposed to be sailing from?

Sorry for those of you on these cruises😞

The Jewel and Encore were sailing Alaska and then a repositioning through the Panama Canal. Jade was basically Europe.

The Jewel is also booked for private sailings from October 21st through the 18th of November.  Then is pretty much on its way back to the West Coast after that. 

• Like 1

We are scheduled on Jade next January out of Cape Town, South Africa.  Hope that we are able to sail on that, but if things do not look "promising" by final payment in September, I will probably cancel and then just wait to do a land trip in South Africa.  Too many "unknowns" to invest all of that money on a cruise AND the airfare.