Barbados Sailings

We have one of these Grandeur cruises booked on 23rd January 2022.

I have a hotel booked for a 4 night pre cruise stay in Barbados - its fully refundable right up until the day before so no worries there.

I am currently looking at airfare (from the UK) which is steadily going up in price.

The airfare is non refundable.

What % chance do you give this cruise of actually happening? There are no crystal balls - just interested in everyone's view of cruising come January next year. The fact that we have to travel from the UK I suppose adds another layer of complexity.

1 minute ago, Trixie21 said:

We have one of these Grandeur cruises booked on 23rd January 2022.

I have a hotel booked for a 4 night pre cruise stay in Barbados - its fully refundable right up until the day before so no worries there.

I am currently looking at airfare (from the UK) which is steadily going up in price.

The airfare is non refundable.

What % chance do you give this cruise of actually happening? There are no crystal balls - just interested in everyone's view of cruising come January next year. The fact that we have to travel from the UK I suppose adds another layer of complexity.

It's not a US port so I would rate the chances at almost 100%

have you tried Air 2 Sea through Royal.  refundable air, do not pay until final payment.

I am very confident these sailings out of Barbados will happen.   I am booked on a b2b for February 2022.     I have been shopping airfare now that most airlines begun publishing fares for Feb 2022.    looks like air2sea has some good options.    Refundable airfare, no change fees, no payment due till 90 days before sail date.    I typically use air2sea for international flights as they offer competitive prices.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

have you tried Air 2 Sea through Royal.  refundable air, do not pay until final payment.

you beat me to it - I'm girl and have too many words - LOL!

• Haha 1

I’m booked on the same cruise and have already booked my airfare with BA. The flight can be cancelled in exchange for a future travel voucher so I’m not too concerned about it. Also, if the cruise is cancelled, we will still fly there and have a land based trip.

• Like 1

I booked my BA flights a few days ago.  As with all BA fares if you cancel you get a voucher for the full value.

I noticed Virgin came out today with a specific statement re their Barbados flights - 

Virgin Atlantic has become the latest airline to announce a trial of so-called vaccine passports. Customers on flights to Barbados from April 16 will be invited to use the Travel Pass app to verify they meet the Caribbean island's entry requirements for pre-departure coronavirus testing.

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Air2Sea wasn't showing any options for January 2022 when I last looked - just up to December. But I will keep checking.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, little britain said:

I booked my BA flights a few days ago.  As with all BA fares if you cancel you get a voucher for the full value.

I noticed Virgin came out today with a specific statement re their Barbados flights - 

Virgin Atlantic has become the latest airline to announce a trial of so-called vaccine passports. Customers on flights to Barbados from April 16 will be invited to use the Travel Pass app to verify they meet the Caribbean island's entry requirements for pre-departure coronavirus testing.

Haven't actually checked Virgin so will have a look.

BA has gone up about £125 pp in price since I first booked the cruise. Aer lingus have a new route just launched from Manchester and the pricing is ok , but it is non refundable - their booking guarantees are only good for fligjts up until the end of December.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Thought Air2Sea was for US/Canada guests only.

Once a cruise is bundled with a flight I think there are implications with EU/UK consumer protection laws. 

Edited by twangster

11 hours ago, caroltovt said:

Thought I saw some Grandeur cruises will be transferred to another cruise company. 

The planned transfer of the ship to Pullmantour was cancelled last year when Pullmatour filled for reorganization.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:54 PM, Trixie21 said:

Air2Sea wasn't showing any options for January 2022 when I last looked - just up to December. But I will keep checking.

When you go into their website, make sure you select 2022 otherwise it will only go up to december for 2021.

Flights up thru feb 21st 2022 are available.

If flying out of miami they have charter flights with swift air.  

On 3/26/2021 at 6:57 PM, Trixie21 said:

Haven't actually checked Virgin so will have a look.

BA has gone up about £125 pp in price since I first booked the cruise. Aer lingus have a new route just launched from Manchester and the pricing is ok , but it is non refundable - their booking guarantees are only good for fligjts up until the end of December.

We're in the UK, and booked our flights as a package with RCG, we fly from Scotland to Barbados, and we've been charged £665 return per person, we expect the flight to go via LHR, and also think it's a BA flight, (it's too far out for confirmed times) but if the cruise is cancelled, we will have a full refund of any monies paid, and will be covered under ABTA etc.  

Edited by texmex.ferr
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When you go into their website, make sure you select 2022 otherwise it will only go up to december for 2021.

Flights up thru feb 21st 2022 are available.

If flying out of miami they have charter flights with swift air.  

Thanks - I worked this out after I had posted lol!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Psst. Just noticed the Christmas 2021 sailing of Grandeur out of Barbados is only $287/pp excluding taxes and fees. That's for an interior guarantee cabin. Possibly lower depending on your qualifable discounts, i.e. Diamond, residency and military/police.  Thought that was a great price for a holiday sailing.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nado44 said:

Psst. Just noticed the Christmas 2021 sailing of Grandeur out of Barbados is only $287/pp excluding taxes and fees. Thought that was a great price for a holiday sailing.

GGG flier worthy.

Biker, who wonders if the GGG editor will ever be hired back.

• Like 1

We are booked for a b2b in February and I was looking at adding the week of Jan. 30th to our trip but all balconies are sold out.   Price of a suite is more than triple what we paid.    I then checked other sailings and most weeks the balconies are sold out.     Looks like sales were definitely great for these sailings out of Barbados.

Currently, cruises are still iffy. Checkout Tripadvisor Barbados forum and you will see what they are talking about. As of today,  a curfew is still in effect and all types of restrictions for locals and visitors by air. You can only go to the beach for 3 hours in the morning.

4 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

Currently, cruises are still iffy. Checkout Tripadvisor Barbados forum and you will see what they are talking about. As of today,  a curfew is still in effect and all types of restrictions for locals and visitors by air. You can only go to the beach for 3 hours in the morning.

The rcl cruises out of Barbados dont start sailing till december.  Plenty of time for their residents to be vaccinated and their restrictions to be lifted.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Psst. Just noticed the Christmas 2021 sailing of Grandeur out of Barbados is only $287/pp excluding taxes and fees. That's for an interior guarantee cabin. Possibly lower depending on your qualifable discounts, i.e. Diamond, residency and military/police.  Thought that was a great price for a holiday sailing.

Already booked this in an OV - interior is $400 cheaper so we switched.  As the cruise is nothing but b2b2b2b2b2b2b port days, I don't think we will spend much time in the room.

When I priced Grandeur's December 19 cruise, the OV was cheaper than an interior.  

A caution to anyone who is thinking of booking an interior guarantee:  There ARE some awful interiors on the Grandeur.  There are some definitely undesirable OVs, too.

Just sayin'.  

🙂 

And balconies always go fast on the Grandeur - there just aren't that many balcony cabins on this ship, in comparison to other ships and other cabin categories.

2 hours ago, Rewind said:

Already booked this in an OV - interior is $400 cheaper so we switched.  As the cruise is nothing but b2b2b2b2b2b2b port days, I don't think we will spend much time in the room.

That is a chunk of money saved. Congrats!