Let’s tell Carnival to look for additional non US Port Options to restart Cruising

Oldsweets

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival and Royal have the same clientele. Just like NCL.  Those three have more in common than they have differences.

Once again, you did not bring up the "intelligent leadership" of Arnold Donald that I disputed.

I’d disagree having sailed both Carnival and Royal Caribbean last year each within a one month period to similar destinations with a comparable duration of trip from like ports of embarkation. Based on the passengers onboard, I felt it was closer to what I would expect on Princess than what I sailed with on Carnival. I’d probably expect Carnival and NCL to be more similar though despite not having any plans to sail NCL.

Personally, I’m a fan of tan suit and understand his mindset from a business perspective. Do you have the same qualifications to oversee the operations of several global cruise lines — pandemic or not? 

10 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You probably should switch to a cruise line you like - perhaps Princess, which is also under genius CEO Arnold Donald.

Unlike you, I took the rose colored glasses of Carnival off over 10 years ago.  Over the past 10 years Carnival has only done two things right, coming up with the Havana area and the development of the Excellence Class.

Moving forward,  I don't put all of my eggs in one basket, as you can see from my signature, so there is no such thing as switching to a new cruise line.  Different lines offer different things, take the blinders off.  It would be a very boring life if we just ate vanilla ice cream or just drank Budweiser.   

7 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I’d disagree having sailed both Carnival and Royal Caribbean last year each within a one month period to similar destinations with a comparable duration of trip from like ports of embarkation. Based on the passengers onboard, I felt it was closer to what I would expect on Princess than what I sailed with on Carnival. I’d probably expect Carnival and NCL to be more similar though despite not having any plans to sail NCL.

Personally, I’m a fan of tan suit and understand his mindset from a business perspective. Do you have the same qualifications to oversee the operations of several global cruise lines — pandemic or not? 

You sound like a typical Loyal Royal who always looks down their nose at Carnival.  I infer that you started your cruising back in the day on Carnival and now only cruise on them once in a while.

And since you're such a fan of Donald,  how can he make the vague statement about vaccinations?  Princess, P&O and maybe Costa, all Carnival Corp cruise lines will require vaccinations.   How can Donald be so vague?

30 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival and Royal have the same clientele. Just like NCL.  Those three have more in common than they have differences.

Once again, you did not bring up the "intelligent leadership" of Arnold Donald that I disputed.

Carnival Corp has more brands than Royal. Arnold Donald understands product differentiation and that it can help to reduce competition between sister lines.

What are your business qualifications to question Mr Donald's leadership? What corporations are you on the board of? If you were in charge, I have little doubt Carnival would have already filed bankruptcy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Unlike you, I took the rose colored glasses of Carnival off over 10 years ago.  Over the past 10 years Carnival has only done two things right, coming up with the Havana area and the development of the Excellence Class.

Moving forward,  I don't put all of my eggs in one basket, as you can see from my signature, so there is no such thing as switching to a new cruise line.  Different lines offer different things, take the blinders off.  It would be a very boring life if we just ate vanilla ice cream or just drank Budweiser.   

You just posted the cruise lines have more in common than different, and now you claim the opposite.

Choose a cruise line or cruise lines that have covid policies you like.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Carnival Corp has more brands than Royal. Arnold Donald understands product differentiation and that it can help to reduce competition between sister lines.

What are your business qualifications to question Mr Donald's leadership? What corporations are you on the board of? If you were in charge, I have little doubt Carnival would have already filed bankruptcy.

So you're in agreement with the idiot that Carnival should cruise vaccination free with the vague exception of cruises that seniors frequent? 

Keep guzzling the Carnival kool aid. 

And with you on board this thread, it'll possibly be down the rabbit hole and locked in no time.

28 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You just posted the cruise lines have more in common than different, and now you claim the opposite.

Choose a cruise line or cruise lines that have covid policies you like.

All of the main stream cruise lines out of the US have more in common with each other than they don't.   If you cruised on more than 1 line you would know this. 

And by the way, what are Carnival's covid policies?  Mr Idiot hasn't  come up with them yet.

Edited by SNJCruisers

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

All of the main stream cruise lines out of the US have more in common with each other than they don't.   If you cruised on more than 1 line you would know this. 

And by the way, what are Carnival's covid policies?  Mr Idiot hasn't  come up with them yet.

I have cruised more, on more cruise lines, for more years than you. Thanks for playing.

You do know Princess and Carnival have the same wonderful CEO?

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, SNJCruisers said:

You sound like a typical Loyal Royal who always looks down their nose at Carnival.  I infer that you started your cruising back in the day on Carnival and now only cruise on them once in a while.

And since you're such a fan of Donald,  how can he make the vague statement about vaccinations?  Princess, P&O and maybe Costa, all Carnival Corp cruise lines will require vaccinations.   How can Donald be so vague?

Loyal Royal? My preference stays with the sea witch.

I don’t look down upon Carnival cruisers at all. Are you suggesting there is a reason one should? What is wrong with Arnold Donald’s comments?

Edited by xDisconnections

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

What is wrong with Arnold Donald’s comments?

To start with,  he was very vague regarding the situation with vaccinations once Carnival resumes cruising.  He said that vaccinations would probably not be required except on cruises that seniors favor.  On Carnival that would be the once in a blue moon transatlantic and the journeys cruises.  

It makes no sense since Royal, Celebrity,  Princess and P&O will all have their summer cruises with vaccinations mandatory for adults.  

Maybe Carnival will not be back sailing till November and by that time herd immunity may have kicked in so Carnival can welcome all on board including the unvaccinated.  

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

To start with,  he was very vague regarding the situation with vaccinations once Carnival resumes cruising.  He said that vaccinations would probably not be required except on cruises that seniors favor.  On Carnival that would be the once in a blue moon transatlantic and the journeys cruises.  

It makes no sense since Royal, Celebrity,  Princess and P&O will all have their summer cruises with vaccinations mandatory for adults.  

Maybe Carnival will not be back sailing till November and by that time herd immunity may have kicked in so Carnival can welcome all on board including the unvaccinated.  

If he thinks that is what’s best for Carnival, so be it.

10 hours ago, d9704011 said:

I don’t believe his customers, shareholders and workforce entirely share that viewpoint.

Hear, hear.  I'm a customer and a shareholder and I think he is an idiot.  

I believe that all of the initial sailings should have 100% vaccinations for all adults on board, including crew and at a minimum negative testing for kids.

• Thanks 1

I have no problem with flying to the Bahamas in order to cruise this year if that's what it takes.  I am disappointed that Carnival isn't interested, but there are other lines that are.

As far as requiring people to show proof of vaccination and a negative covid test in order to cruise, it might be a good idea for awhile until they have some successful cruises.  The odds of a passenger going from testing negative for covid and being vaccinated to developing a severe case of covid on a 7 day cruise are slim to none. Then with time, they can loosen up on their requirements.  It makes the most sense unless their intention is just to wait out the pandemic.

• Like 5

I wonder if the infrastructure is in place in the islands such as the Bahamas, St Maarten to support a large number of ships sailing from their locations. The cost of putting in those supply lines with the volume of product required will be expensive. I could see Mexico having the infrastructure, but the legal work and contracts will take a lot of time. May be easier to wait it out for most cruise lines.

1 hour ago, ledges1 said:

I wonder if the infrastructure is in place in the islands such as the Bahamas, St Maarten to support a large number of ships sailing from their locations. The cost of putting in those supply lines with the volume of product required will be expensive. I could see Mexico having the infrastructure, but the legal work and contracts will take a lot of time. May be easier to wait it out for most cruise lines.

I'm sure it's one ship at a time.

Roatan used to be one ship at a time when cruise ships first docked there downtown. The docks for multiple ships to tie up came later.

I could suggest other islands. Freeport for instance. There are quite a few islands where one ship could dock.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, jperry2011 said:

Quick question.. why is the cdc allowed to tell cruise lines they can't cruise? Everything else is open.

We're going to Disney in two weeks but still no sight of cruising..

The CDC is not saying the cruise lines can't cruise, they are saying that in order to get "health clearance" to enter a US port (required every time a ship enters a US port), they must meet the requirements set out in the CSO.  The CDC's mandate is protection of the US from outside, and to a limited degree between states. The CDC has no jurisdiction over an entity like Disney World which is within one state.  That jurisdiction is up to that state's CDC or Department of Health.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

The CDC is not saying the cruise lines can't cruise, they are saying that in order to get "health clearance" to enter a US port (required every time a ship enters a US port), they must meet the requirements set out in the CSO.  The CDC's mandate is protection of the US from outside, and to a limited degree between states. The CDC has no jurisdiction over an entity like Disney World which is within one state.  That jurisdiction is up to that state's CDC or Department of Health.

If the CDC's mandate is to protect the US from outside, couldn't they simply require the crew on cruise ships to be vaccinated or present a negative covid test result before getting off of the ships in the US?  As far as the passengers, the people are boarding the ship from the US and leaving from the US, so the only outside threats would be the crew, right?  

I guess the passengers who get off at foreign ports might be considered a threat when the ship returns to the US ports.  In that case, the same type of proof should be good enough too.

Edited by TNcruising02

25 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

If the CDC's mandate is to protect the US from outside, couldn't they simply require the crew on cruise ships to be vaccinated or present a negative covid test result before getting off of the ships in the US?  As far as the passengers, the people are boarding the ship from the US and leaving from the US, so the only outside threats would be the crew, right?  

I guess the passengers who get off at foreign ports might be considered a threat when the ship returns to the US ports.  In that case, the same type of proof should be good enough too.

I’m pretty sure all the passengers, no matter their citizenship, are considered as entering the US from ‘outside’ when coming into a US port after a cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

The CDC is definitely telling cruise lines they can't cruise. "No Sail Order"

34 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I’m pretty sure all the passengers, no matter their citizenship, are considered as entering the US from ‘outside’ when coming into a US port after a cruise.

In that case, proof of vaccination and a negative covid test should be all that is required to resume cruising.  If international travel by plane and by land is permitted, cruising is no different.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

In that case, proof of vaccination and a negative covid test should be all that is required to resume cruising.  If international travel by plane and by land is permitted, cruising is no different.

Cruising is much different.