New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

Just now, grapau27 said:

A week in Tenerife a week before or a week after a 7 night's cruise sounds good.

Yes it does! Although I think Id be more tempted to just do the 2 weeker from Southampton on Iona. You'd get just as long in the Canaries but the full 2 weeks cruising. Plus I bet it would be nowhere near twice the price!

5 minutes ago, NaomiW said:

Yes it does! Although I think Id be more tempted to just do the 2 weeker from Southampton on Iona. You'd get just as long in the Canaries but the full 2 weeks cruising. Plus I bet it would be nowhere near twice the price!

Sailing from Southampton the first 2 and last 2 days are sailing through the Bay of Biscay.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Sailing from Southampton the first 2 and last 2 days are sailing through the Bay of Biscay.

I dont mind that really. For me that overrides the hassle of flying. I dont get seasick-thank goodness!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NaomiW said:

I dont mind that really. For me that overrides the hassle of flying. I dont get seasick-thank goodness!

We have been to Puerto de la Cruz and Playa de las America's in Tenerife many times and would certainly not hesitate In going again and Azura sailing 7 night round trips from Santa Cruz Tenerife sounds perfect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Same here, I’d much rather go through the BoB than fly!

I don't mind either but I think Wowzz said Azura was going to be based in Tenerife so extra nights in Tenerife would really please us.

• Like 1

Hi, sounds interesting for Azura - anyone got the dates for February 2023. Just wondering what will be happening in half term. (Close to the big 60 though so that COULD possibly be the last Feb half term we have to work around!!!)

Not wishing my life away though - my late mum would tell me off 😉

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, sounds interesting for Azura - anyone got the dates for February 2023. Just wondering what will be happening in half term. (Close to the big 60 though so that COULD possibly be the last Feb half term we have to work around!!!)

Not wishing my life away though - my late mum would tell me off 😉

Its hard not to wish your life away atm though isn't it! 301 days until the cruise for my big bday (40) and Im counting down every day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NaomiW said:

Its hard not to wish your life away atm though isn't it! 301 days until the cruise for my big bday (40) and Im counting down every day.

We've just finished for Easter so are happy to chill out the next 2 weeks 😉 Know what you mean though !!!!

• Like 2

Just now, Presto2 said:

We've just finished for Easter so are happy to chill out the next 2 weeks 😉 Know what you mean though !!!!

Enjoy! I hope you get some decent weather.

• Like 1

Just now, NaomiW said:

We were in Magic Kingdom at WDW Orlando Florida on my 40th birthday and the last 24 years have flown past so fast.

Enjoy every day and when your birthday arrives have a fantastic time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We were in Magic Kingdom at WDW Orlando Florida on my 40th birthday and the last 24 years have flown past so fast.

Enjoy every day and when your birthday arrives have a fantastic time.

We've been saying the same. Hubby has his big 60 this week coming and we remember booking the Celebrity Silhouette for his 50th. It was in incredible cruise that gave us 3 days in Israel. Would love to return as soon as it was just an amazing cruise. Like you say Grapau time flies so quickly.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That has never bothered us, and if Iona is anywhere near as stable as Indy then I will be quite happy.

The most unstable ship we have every been on was Ventura in cabin D114 - right at the front. It felt like she was tilting half the time and we walked 'up hill' to get to the other side of the cabin !

Having said that, we are on her in August 2022 God willing to the Canary Islands to give her another try.  😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The most unstable ship we have every been on was Ventura in cabin D114 - right at the front. It felt like she was tilting half the time and we walked 'up hill' to get to the other side of the cabin !

Having said that, we are on her in August 2022 God willing to the Canary Islands to give her another try.  😉

Ventura is the most unstable ship in our opinion too, the difference between her and Azura is crazy! Shows how much a ducktail can help! Just our opinion of course. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

She does have a tendency to list all too frequently, I know the ballast can be adjusted to compensate, but it seems to take ages before it has any impact. However if you think walking uphill can be difficult  try pushing a wheelchair.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

She does have a tendency to list all too frequently, I know the ballast can be adjusted to compensate, but it seems to take ages before it has any impact. However if you think walking uphill can be difficult  try pushing a wheelchair.

Thought it was us and too many cocktails ....

18 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

That has never bothered us, and if Iona is anywhere near as stable as Indy then I will be quite happy.

We have went through the Bay of Biscay many times and it doesn't bother me but sailing on Azura from Tenerife round trip sounds ideal to me.

This was me on Wednesday at Newcastle.

IMG_20210331_111201.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have had several balcony cabins on Independence of the seas especially on the hump part of the ship and never felt any movement.

• Like 1