New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

15 minutes ago, ann141 said:

As far as sunbathing is concerned, C deck balconies are best.You can usually get a sunlounger if you don't mind having one away from the pool.We have never found a problem

Thanks again Ann.  The last place we want to be is near the pool as prefer somewhere quieter.  Very top deck is where we tend to be.  Yes we had noticed the larger balconies on deck C and also the (?D deck) deck superior outsides which may be worth splashing out on for so many sea days.

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

P&O do sometimes have £50pp deposit promotion, not noticed one recently, we have always had the £50 deposit when we have booked onboard.

We have had the £50 pp deposit when we have booked onboard too which is good.Even 5% is quite a lot of money for the deposit on the 35 night cruises .

6 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks again Ann.  The last place we want to be is near the pool as prefer somewhere quieter.  Very top deck is where we tend to be.  Yes we had noticed the larger balconies on deck C and also the (?D deck) deck superior outsides which may be worth splashing out on for so many sea days.

Quite a lot of people prefer the C deck balconies even though D deck has the Superior cabins. C deck balconies will probably sell out the first day they go on sale!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Quite a lot of people prefer the C deck balconies even though D deck has the Superior cabins. C deck balconies will probably sell out the first day they go on sale!

Sorry to ask yet again, but we do not have priority booking as still Mediterranean level.  So do you expect it to sell out when goes on sale to the higher level loyalty club members, or on the day it goes on general sale?

Just now, tring said:

Sorry to ask yet again, but we do not have priority booking as still Mediterranean level.  So do you expect it to sell out when goes on sale to the higher level loyalty club members, or on the day it goes on general sale?

I'm not sure.We were Mediterranean tier when we booked the Jan 2021 cruise and I think we managed to get a C deck cabin .On a previous 28 night cruise to the Caribbean on Ventura we couldn't get a C deck cabin at first but I kept looking and towards balance due date we managed to transfer to one.I would love to book the 35 night cruise on Ventura for 2023 but I ve got a possible serious health issue and won't know whether its something or nothing for at least a month by which time all the best cabins will have sold!!

For anyone booking Ventura we have found that the aft cabins on Azura are amazing. We paid extra for D114 and hated it (superior Deluxe) but went for an at corner cabin and just loved every second. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ann141 said:

I'm not sure.We were Mediterranean tier when we booked the Jan 2021 cruise and I think we managed to get a C deck cabin .On a previous 28 night cruise to the Caribbean on Ventura we couldn't get a C deck cabin at first but I kept looking and towards balance due date we managed to transfer to one.I would love to book the 35 night cruise on Ventura for 2023 but I ve got a possible serious health issue and won't know whether its something or nothing for at least a month by which time all the best cabins will have sold!!

Thank you so much for the reply.  I am sorry to hear about your health problem, certainly leaves you in a difficult situation regards booking as well as being very worrying anyway.  I do hope all turns out well for you.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I would love to book the 35 night cruise on Ventura for 2023 but I ve got a possible serious health issue and won't know whether its something or nothing for at least a month by which time all the best cabins will have sold!!

Never an easy time waiting and worrying. Here is hoping and praying for the “nothing”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Sorry to hear about your health Ann, the worst part is the waiting and mulling things over, good luck and hoping you get the answers you want.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

Thank you so much for the reply.  I am sorry to hear about your health problem, certainly leaves you in a difficult situation regards booking as well as being very worrying anyway.  I do hope all turns out well for you.

48 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Never an easy time waiting and worrying. Here is hoping and praying for the “nothing”. 

38 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Sorry to hear about your health Ann, the worst part is the waiting and mulling things over, good luck and hoping you get the answers you want.

Thank you.I don't feel ill.Its just something that was picked up in a routine blood test and hopefully when the blood test is repeated in a few weeks things will have reverted to normal otherwise further investigations

It just means I can't book any of the new cruises when they are released so please save me some cabins!!

Edited by ann141
  • Like 9

I was surprised no one has posted on here this morning! 
The new cruises are all up on the P&O website, they were there before 7am!

If I do anything it will be a short cruise as we’ve already got a 14 night one moved to June 2022 so can’t have another 2 weeks off the same year . Some slighter different short ones eg 5 nights including Hamburg on Ventura.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ann141 said:

Thank you.I don't feel ill.Its just something that was picked up in a routine blood test and hopefully when the blood test is repeated in a few weeks things will have reverted to normal otherwise further investigations

It just means I can't book any of the new cruises when they are released so please save me some cabins!!

Fingers crossed for you Ann.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I was surprised no one has posted on here this morning! 
The new cruises are all up on the P&O website, they were there before 7am!

If I do anything it will be a short cruise as we’ve already got a 14 night one moved to June 2022 so can’t have another 2 weeks off the same year . Some slighter different short ones eg 5 nights including Hamburg on Ventura.

I did under a new thread, I'm trying to work out P&O's maths on the 5% deposit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ann141 said:

Sorry to hear of your health issues, I'm in a similar situation but I'm going to book and move it if necessary. 

Had a quick look at some of the prices for the Caribbean for 2023, and to my inexperienced eye they don't seem too bad.  However,  as we know, by the time you choose select fares, and a decent cabin, the final price bears little comparison to the initial pricing shown.

But, is it just me, but I really can't get worked up about even thinking of booking anything this far out?  We have various cruises booked over the next 18 months, plus we are in the early stages of planning a mega anniversary land based holiday, but even with these we are feeling a little lukewarm, due to possible shore restrictions, social distancing etc.

I know we need to be optimistic,  but I think I'm going to pass on 2023 bookings until circumstances improve, even if that may come at a financial cost.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Had a quick look at some of the prices for the Caribbean for 2023, and to my inexperienced eye they don't seem too bad.  However,  as we know, by the time you choose select fares, and a decent cabin, the final price bears little comparison to the initial pricing shown.

But, is it just me, but I really can't get worked up about even thinking of booking anything this far out?  We have various cruises booked over the next 18 months, plus we are in the early stages of planning a mega anniversary land based holiday, but even with these we are feeling a little lukewarm, due to possible shore restrictions, social distancing etc.

I know we need to be optimistic,  but I think I'm going to pass on 2023 bookings until circumstances improve, even if that may come at a financial cost.

I needed something to look forward to and the price did not seem too bad, yes a little more than a usual repositioning cruise (that's the one I went for on Our Vera) but working out per night I was happy.

We all need to do what suits ourselves.

• Like 1

I've just had a quick look at the new itineraries, and I'm not impressed. they are pushing the big ships and that doesn't suit us at all. As we are not interested in USA and Caribbean there doesn't seem much left in the 14 to 21 nights option. Very disappointed.

Avril

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

The prices are not as high as I imagined. Waiting for my agent to get back to me for the 22 night TA on Arvia, Jan 23. If the price is as advertised, less a discount,  I will be very pleased.

Will they actually be able to get you a price before bookings are open?

Wowzz

Thank you for putting up the Iona short break itineraries the other day 

I`ve managed to pre-register a cruise on Iona to Hamburg Rotterdam Bruges in February 2023 for a very good price 

I did look at Arvia for the Caribbean but was way more then I had expected for a single traveller 

Thank you again

Cruisefan2012 

2 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Wowzz

Thank you for putting up the Iona short break itineraries the other day 

I`ve managed to pre-register a cruise on Iona to Hamburg Rotterdam Bruges in February 2023 for a very good price 

I did look at Arvia for the Caribbean but was way more then I had expected for a single traveller 

Thank you again

Cruisefan2012 

Glad I was of help.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Will they actually be able to get you a price before bookings are open?

As far as I can tell bookings are open. I have not "pre registered" before and I'm not on a high level in the Peninsular Club but I clicked on the button marked "pre register" that was in place of "book now" and with the exception of being able to choose an specific cabin everything was the same with a good discount applied at the end and deposit paid. I have even received the confirmation (4 times).  

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

As far as I can tell bookings are open. I have not "pre registered" before and I'm not on a high level in the Peninsular Club but I clicked on the button marked "pre register" that was in place of "book now" and with the exception of being able to choose an specific cabin everything was the same with a good discount applied at the end and deposit paid. I have even received the confirmation (4 times).  

I can even log in to Cruise Personaliser.

6 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Same for me aswell !!