New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

So Arcadia doing a "worldie" in 2023, and Aurora doing 65 nights around South America, also in 2023.

So much for Aurora sailing off into the sunset when  Our Vera appears over the horizon😉

Avril

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

that would be interesting.  Personally that would be far too long for me.  Once did 30 nights and that was definitely enough.

We've 31 nights coming up in October. The longest cruise we've done is 24 nights so 🤞

Avril

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Avril that name is going to stick.  It's such an ugly name.  Wonder who thought it up.   A ship should have a beautiful name and that's not it!

It's a friendly name, the kind of name a family would use for a loved relative. I don't think Vera is an ugly name at all. All the old fashioned names are making a comeback.

Avril

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We've 31 nights coming up in October. The longest cruise we've done is 24 nights so 🤞

Avril

We had done 16 nights up to retirement, then booked 35 nights to Caribbean as a test to see whether it would work for us. We loved it and could have happily gone around again, since then most of our cruises have been 30 nights or above. We love the 35 nights to the Caribbean/USA in winter. They are popular with us older end and you meet a lot of the same people.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We had done 16 nights up to retirement, then booked 35 nights to Caribbean as a test to see whether it would work for us. We loved it and could have happily gone around again, since then most of our cruises have been 30 nights or above. We love the 35 nights to the Caribbean/USA in winter. They are popular with us older end and you meet a lot of the same people.

Arcadia is doing a 40 night cruise starting on 9th Nov 2022.

4 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have done a 28 round trip to the Caribbean and are hoping that we will be able to book the 35 night Jan or Feb cruise on Ventura for 2022. I favour the Jan Itinerary, hubby the Feb but I expect it will come down to which is the cheaper

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

The 31 nights is a B2B. 19 nights Med, then 12 nights Norway, so I don't know if there will be many people the same. My only problem is the fact that I don't do washing on a cruise as I don't like my clothes dried in a tumble dryer, and I also have to pack some clothes for colder weather. Quite a lot to squish into 2 large cases. Not complaing though as it's a good problem to have😁

Avril

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a friendly name, the kind of name a family would use for a loved relative. I don't think Vera is an ugly name at all. All the old fashioned names are making a comeback.

Avril

My late mam was called Vera.

She loved holidays and mam and dad took us on Spanish holidays every year from the age of 13 which was 51 years ago and why I love travel.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

that would be interesting.  Personally that would be far too long for me.  Once did 30 nights and that was definitely enough.

I did 110 nights on Aurora. Loved every moment and didn’t miss home at all. Being retired with no family meant I didn’t miss anything or anyone! However wouldn’t do now as have a dog and wouldn’t leave him for longer than 14 nights! 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I did 110 nights on Aurora. Loved every moment and didn’t miss home at all. Being retired with no family meant I didn’t miss anything or anyone! However wouldn’t do now as have a dog and wouldn’t leave him for longer than 14 nights! 

There are kennels on QM2 !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Noooo, I meant Arvia is an ugly name, not Vera!  I like the name Vera.  In fact Our Vera would be better than Arvia!!!

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

So Arcadia doing a "worldie" in 2023, and Aurora doing 65 nights around South America, also in 2023.

Now around South America sounds good.  It is something we wanted to do and we would likely have had it booked by now if not for the pandemic and we are wondering if we will make it now, while we are still young and fit enough to enjoy it.  Still feeling even 2023 may mean some restrictions and it would be a great shame to go that far and not be able to just go off independently as is our usual habit.  Could also be a bit debatable if it will go ahead as well since we know P&O will not think twice about getting rid of a ship and pulling the cruises like they have previously.

Is it a January February itinerary?

Edited by tring

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

My late mam was called Vera.

She loved holidays and mam and dad took us on Spanish holidays every year from the age of 13 which was 51 years ago and why I love travel.

Graham.

Graham, see my response to Avril.  I meant Arvia was an ugly name, not Vera!!  🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Noooo, I meant Arvia is an ugly name, not Vera!  I like the name Vera.  In fact Our Vera would be better than Arvia!!!

Oh, sorry Jean, I've read it wrong🙄. I  do agree with you though, it's not a nice name, but then I won't be on her, so..........

Avril

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh, sorry Jean, I've read it wrong🙄. I  do agree with you though, it's not a nice name, but then I won't be on her, so..........

Avril

Ha ha, even I wouldn't be stupid enough to say something derogatory about a name that could belong to somebody.  

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Ha ha, even I wouldn't be stupid enough to say something derogatory about a name that could belong to somebody.  

I know you wouldn't Jean, it was me, and I apologise. I must have had my reading glasses on upsidedown. Don't laugh, I have be known to try it once. I've also searched the house hunting for them while wearing them🙃

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 2