New Itineries

Ilovemygarden

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

As far as I can tell bookings are open. I have not "pre registered" before and I'm not on a high level in the Peninsular Club but I clicked on the button marked "pre register" that was in place of "book now" and with the exception of being able to choose an specific cabin everything was the same with a good discount applied at the end and deposit paid. I have even received the confirmation (4 times).  

You cannot actually book cruises until 19th April depending on what ship and level you are in Peninsular Club.

36 minutes ago, tring said:

We are now thinking of a couple of B2B Azura cruises, but possibly also interested in the round trip Caribbean, but I can only find details of anything other than the Arvia/Azura ones on the P&O site, am I missing something?

Also we would normally book with an agent to secure a specific cabin, but as Mediterranean members the price may go up, so a couple of questions:-

If we pre register with P&O are we assured of the price quoted, and are we risking a rise if we book through the beast?

How difficult is it to get a decently placed cabin if we book through P&O - do they still let agents have first pick of the cabins?

Are we hoping too much if we ask for the same cabin for both cruises, we would not really mind changing in Tenerife as will spend a while there?

Ventura is doing a few round trip Caribbean’s. 

we’ve always got the same cabin for B2Bs booking with the beast even well after launch date not sure if you get the B2B discounts on the fly cruises we’ve never had them on the Caribbean ones but others reckon they have so might be worth checking on

29 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

You cannot actually book cruises until 19th April depending on what ship and level you are in Peninsular Club.

So what have we done?

We have received confirmation emails, paid a deposit. The emails (well 3 of them) have a subject of Booking Notification and a booking reference. 

Edited by MX-Drew

Just nabbed a suite on Azura for the repositioning cruise from Canaries to Malta March ‘23.

19 nights and a bargain to boot, at the price I am not fussed which suite I get. Small print says cabin confirmed on day itins go on general sale.

Never been on Azura, so another adventure awaits, plus it will be a birthday cruise 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MX-Drew said:

So what have we done?

We have received confirmation emails, paid a deposit. The emails (well 3 of them) have a subject of Booking Notification and a booking reference. 

You’ve booked a cruise 🙂 it appears the pre registration is a little disingenuous.

• Like 1

So what have we done?

You have booked a cabin of the grade you want and paid a deposit to secure it. When pre registration closes, cabin numbers will be allocated in line with pre registrations, you will be informed which cabin you have been allocated which you can change if not happy by contacting them, or your agent if you have used an agent for the pre registration and that then becomes a confirmed cabin booking. When bookings open to higher tiers and then everybody, the cabins that were not allocated in the pre registration process can be booked. They do hold back a proportion of cabins in each grade for those who do not pre register but pre registering guarantees your booking before bookings open.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The fly Canary Island cruises look to be good value, however the World Cruise segments are not IMO. Working on a £ppn basis.

We’ve treated ourselves to a suite

Not a lot over £100 pppn - feels like a bargain

I quite like Azura too, and she’s a known quantity.  Iona and Our Vera are still a bit of a mystery

A Caribbean fortnight would have been much more expensive - plus there’s the awful overnight return flight, which leaves you feeling you need another holiday

So, roll on January 2023.  Fingers crossed things will be ‘normal’ by then.  If not, I think cruising will be the least of our worries

• Like 4

We have registered for the Arcadia 40 night to USA and Caribbean for Nov 2022. The price was reasonable under the circumstances. I noticed they are doing early saver at pre-booking, I have not seen that before it has always been select. We booked select as we got a couple of 5% discounts for past customer and Portunas plus £260 OBC which brought the price down to almost early saver price. The lady I spoke to (Alexandria) was very efficient and knocked off our FCC's. So we are happy.

• Like 2

So what have we done?

All I am saying what it actually states on P&Os website that bookings dont start until 19th April when you can book Arvia if you Caribbean, Baltic or Liguarian tiers in Peninsular Club. You can register your interest from today.

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I quite like Azura too, and she’s a known quantity.  Iona and Our Vera are still a bit of a mystery

A Caribbean fortnight would have been much more expensive - plus there’s the awful overnight return flight, which leaves you feeling you need another holiday

So, roll on January 2023.  Fingers crossed things will be ‘normal’ by then.  If not, I think cruising will be the least of our worries

Mine works out at 97pppn including flights. For a suite. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, pete14 said:

You have booked a cabin of the grade you want and paid a deposit to secure it. When pre registration closes, cabin numbers will be allocated in line with pre registrations, you will be informed which cabin you have been allocated which you can change if not happy by contacting them, or your agent if you have used an agent for the pre registration and that then becomes a confirmed cabin booking. When bookings open to higher tiers and then everybody, the cabins that were not allocated in the pre registration process can be booked. They do hold back a proportion of cabins in each grade for those who do not pre register but pre registering guarantees your booking before bookings open.

The reality is that we have booked it, anything else is splitting hairs lets be honest.

P&O would like you to think otherwise so people feel special but the bottom line, I and others have a cruise booked.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

The reality is that we have booked it, anything else is splitting hairs lets be honest.

P&O would like you to think otherwise so people feel special but the bottom line, I and others have a cruise booked.

Agreed. I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

But there is nothing for Aurora in April - her last one in March is Norway ending 4th April.  Maybe they just haven't done those yet.

April always comes in their summer brochure, so you will need to be patient until September Jean.

55 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Despite what I said this morning, your post made me call my TA - Damn You 😀

Pre-registered for a B4 suite, on the Canaries - Malta re-positioning cruise, because as you say, the price for a suite is unbelievable. However, I have a sneaky feeling that when it comes to the actual day, the suites will all have gone to those in higher loyalty tiers.

So, just to sit and wait now for three weeks!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I have never paid more with my TA, and they always get me the cabin number I requested during their booking process, which they normally start at 8:00am, a good hour ahead of the P&O staff.

So if you and I wanted the same cabin number, who do you think would get it?

As I'm not fussed if I got the actual one or it was the one next door or even 4 down the corridor. I would not care. And I have always paid more with a TA than P&O direct with one exception. So as longs as you're happy and I'm happy who cares? 

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 2

Good to hear that the pre-registration has worked well for those of you that have done it.

As I am not interested in the larger ships and not interested in the Caribbean, I knew that there would not be much to interest me in this release. I was interested in the World Cruise itinerary, having had my 39 night middle sector for this year cancelled. Sadly, in 2023 the 'middle' sector is 71 nights long which is too long for me.

Well done to Wowzz for posting so many of the itineraries!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

As I'm not fussed if I got the actual one or it was the one next door or even 4 down the corridor. I would not care. And I have always paid more with a TA than P&O direct with one exception. So as longs as you're happy and I'm happy who cares? 

Obviously that suits you fine. Personally, I want to know exactly which cabin I am in, especially on any cruise over 7 days. There are some real "dogs" of cabins out there.

I'm amazed that you paid more with a TA - never found that to be the case. You wonder how TAs can stay in business with that sort of business model. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

All I am saying what it actually states on P&Os website that bookings dont start until 19th April when you can book Arvia if you Caribbean, Baltic or Liguarian tiers in Peninsular Club. You can register your interest from today.

I appreciate what is said, but we have "pre registered" with P&O for Azura and have paperwork confirming everything, including flights, dining, bed arrangement and even ATOL certificate etc. - all as normal along with our booked grade (HB).  The confirmation gives what it says is a temporary booking ref along with an instruction we have to do nothing more, other than sit back and wait for them to confirm our cabin number and booking reference which they will do on the day.  As we would not be booking on the priority days  with an agent, I think we have done very well as the price could have gone up for us.  I also noted that P&O are saying they will match any cheaper price for bookings if you can get a written quote within 24 hrs of booking - I am thinking that may signal a change from P&O allowing extra discount if book with an agent.

The only con I can see is that presumably we cannot cancel this "booking", so if we are not happy with a cabin we may need to stick with what we can get, though there are oodles of cabin choice which we would be happy with in our chosen grade, so not getting too strung up about that.  Even if we could nit get a chosen cabin, it would be easier to try an change it at a later date, if other cabins become available.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Ventura is doing a few round trip Caribbean’s. 

we’ve always got the same cabin for B2Bs booking with the beast even well after launch date not sure if you get the B2B discounts on the fly cruises we’ve never had them on the Caribbean ones but others reckon they have so might be worth checking on

Thanks for the reply.  We realised the second cruise we were looking at was a school hol one (Oct), so have just gone for the first.  It was the March Caribbean to New Orleans etc. we were looking at yesterday so will look again, perhaps need to log in first.

• Like 1