Oceania new Excursions?

zoncom

Looking at Marina May 24,22 excursions; something new,additional excursions named Your World and Unlimited at lower pricing. Anyone have any info or experience with these? I assume you can buy through O or they would not be listed. 

1 hour ago, zoncom said:

Looking at Marina May 24,22 excursions; something new,additional excursions named Your World and Unlimited at lower pricing. Anyone have any info or experience with these? I assume you can buy through O or they would not be listed. 

YWYW (and the Passport) has been around for MANY years on Oceania. 

Check the website or “shore excursions.pdf” for your itinerary. On the PDF first page you’ll find the cost of the Excursions Passport (one price for as many of the “O Life” allowable tours (<$200) as you want with 40% discount on the others) OR the YWYW option, which requires a minimum number of tours per your itinerary for a 25% discount. 
We’ve never found the Passport to be worth the cost. But YWYW is a great deal if you take the O Life excursions option. All your O Life allocated tours count toward the YWYW minimum required. So you get double the O Life SBC amount in tours if you pick the $199 ones AND, when you add the rest to make the YWYW minimum, you get 25% off their cost.

FWIW, since we take longer cruises, we always pick the excursions option in O Life (with air credit instead of air tix). Then we select the most expensive interesting allowable O Life tours to fill our allocation and add enough OS (et al.) tours to make the YWYW minimum. Of course, for certain ports, we do private tours (e.g., Maohi Nui with Patrick in Bora Bora, Sicily with Mario, and a private guide for the Vatican, etc)

BTW, the O website “cart” is very intuitive in helping to assign $0 to the most expensive allowable tours in your allocation.

Again, YWYW is nothing new. We’ve been doing it for years.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Check the website or “shore excursions.pdf” for your itinerary. On the PDF first page you’ll find the cost of the Excursions Passport (one price for as many of the “O Life” allowable tours (<$200) as you want with 40% discount on the others) OR the YWYW option, which requires a minimum number of tours per your itinerary for a 25% discount. 

How do we download the shore excursion's pdf?

22 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

When you are signed in and at the 'manage booking' page, the Shore Excursions tab has a column labelled 'Selected Tour Package' with the letter 'i' in a circle.  Click on that 'i' and a pop-up window will tell you the cost of the Unlimited Passport Collection and also the number of excursions necessary to get the 25% Your World Collection discount.

[I have forgotten how I downloaded the 'shore excursions pdf' so would also like a refresher on that!]

• Thanks 1

I came to this site to ask the exact same question about ‘your world’ pricing!  We’ll be taking our first cruise on Oceania next year. 

How are the prices for these packages?  We’re taking a 32 day voyage from NY to LeHavre.

thanks 

10 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

I came to this site to ask the exact same question about ‘your world’ pricing!  We’ll be taking our first cruise on Oceania next year. 

How are the prices for these packages?  We’re taking a 32 day voyage from NY to LeHavre.

thanks 

Never mind 😊I guess I was typing my question while the response was posting.  I was able to follow the directions and see what you're talking about.  For us, we have to book 12 excursions to get 25% off or pay $2859 for unlimited.  The only thing I couldn't tell was if the $2859 was for the two of us or per person.

I love that Oceania allows you to use OBC for SE's before you board.  Can't wait.

22 minutes ago, Cruise NH said:

Never mind 😊I guess I was typing my question while the response was posting.  I was able to follow the directions and see what you're talking about.  For us, we have to book 12 excursions to get 25% off or pay $2859 for unlimited.  The only thing I couldn't tell was if the $2859 was for the two of us or per person.

I love that Oceania allows you to use OBC for SE's before you board.  Can't wait.

I think that both the 12 excursions and the unlimited pricing is per passenger.

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

It’s 6 tours per person for this itinerary and the total in the cart is for the total purchases. 
Right now the cart is not showing the net YWYW cost across the top of the cart (like it is for the Passport). But, at the bottom of the page it will show the net cost at 25% discount if you have listed at least the minimum number of cruises.

6 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

I believe you are right.  In my case, the numbers are both around half (for a 14 night cruise) and the Oceania phone rep told me the 6 excursion minimum was per person (and the O Life excursion option on my cruise provides 4 per person).

3 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

It’s 6 tours per person for this itinerary and the total in the cart is for the total purchases. 
Right now the cart is not showing the net YWYW cost across the top of the cart (like it is for the Passport). But, at the bottom of the page it will show the net cost at 25% discount if you have listed at least the minimum number of cruises.

I agree that what's in the cart is the total.  But how many is needed to qualify for YWYW is confusing in the brochure  My own experience with what was stated in the printed materials was that that number refers to each pax.  I may have misunderstood CRUISE NH,  thinking that the brochure said twelve  when CRUISE NH had adjusted for 2 pax at 6 each.

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I believe you are right.  In my case, the numbers are both around half (for a 14 night cruise) and the Celebrity phone rep told me the 6 excursion minimum was per person (and the O Life excursion option on my cruise provides 4 per person).

I think you meant Oceania 👀.

At 6 tours per person required for YWYW, you’ll only need to purchase 2 per person if your O Life allocation is 4 per person. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

I agree that what's in the cart is the total.  But how many is needed to qualify for YWYW is confusing in the brochure  My own experience with what was stated in the printed materials was that that number refers to each pax.  I may have misunderstood CRUISE NH,  thinking that the brochure said twelve  when CRUISE NH had adjusted for 2 pax at 6 each.

By “brochure,” do you mean the Shore Excursions.pdf? On page one, it states the “passport” cost and clearly states “per passenger”  It then states the 6 tour requirement for YWYW but doesn't repeat “per passenger” (which it is). There’s also no mention that O Life tours count toward the six.

Whatever it does or doesn’t say, the fact remains that the combo of the O Life tour option (selecting the most expensive of the allowable ones) and the YWYW discount significantly reduces the cost - often equating or even beating the cost of private group tours.  

Still, because we do longer cruises, we mix ship and private tours - making sure to qualify for YWYW while keeping flexibility to book those private tours that make the most sense.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

By “brochure,” do you mean the Shore Excursions.pdf? On page one, it states the “passport” cost and clearly states “per passenger”  It then states the 6 tour requirement for YWYW but doesn't repeat “per passenger” (which it is). There’s also no mention that O Life tours count toward the six.

Yep, that's what I meant.  I don't have that pdf (I'm not on the cruise), but I had mistakenly assumed that the number twelve was the pdf requirement.  Our TA clarified it for us for our sailings.

Whatever it does or doesn’t say, the fact remains that the combo of the O Life tour option (selecting the most expensive of the allowable ones) and the YWYW discount significantly reduces the cost - often equating or even beating the cost of private group tours.  

Total agreement there.  That's what we do.  It's too bad that this is not stated on the O materials, but our TA (again) made that clarification for us.

Good reason for a good TA!

I think you meant Oceania 👀.

At 6 tours per person required for YWYW, you’ll only need to purchase 2 per person if your O Life allocation is 4 per person. 

Thanks – I fixed the typo.

Yes, that's what they told me.  If I take O Life excursion option, then only 2 more to get YMYW discount on the other two (plus).  And if ship excursions turn out to be mandatory, that will be the way to go [because I can't see spending $1,199 on tours in the Caribbean – I'll just stay onboard for the less interesting islands...]

34 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Yep, that's what I meant.  I don't have that pdf (I'm not on the cruise), but I had mistakenly assumed that the number twelve was the pdf requirement.  Our TA clarified it for us for our sailings.

Total agreement there.  That's what we do.  It's too bad that this is not stated on the O materials, but our TA (again) made that clarification for us.

Good reason for a good TA!

44 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Is the onboard cost to purchase an excursion different than the pre-cruise cost when using YWYW ?

IE: If you qualify for YWYW, the discount onboard for any additional excursions is less than 25% ?

I thought I read that somewhere but can't recall where.

You must make the initial qualifying YWYW purchase prior to the cruise. But, once onboard, you can add more and get the YWYW discount. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

YWYW (and the Passport) has been around for MANY years on Oceania. 

We’ve never found the Passport to be worth the cost. But YWYW is a great deal if you take the O Life excursions option. All your O Life allocated tours count toward the YWYW minimum required. So you get double the O Life SBC amount in tours if you pick the $199 ones AND, when you add the rest to make the YWYW minimum, you get 25% off their cost.

Two months ago I printed your post because I was sure I could never navigate the excursion system. Hurray! I booked 8 excursions tonight (sometimes Pacific Time is an advantage), and it worked exactly as you described. All the pricing options were clearly presented in the Cart. YWYW was the cheapest of the three, and we checked out. Easy as pie. Thanks!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frncie said:

Two months ago I printed your post because I was sure I could never navigate the excursion system. Hurray! I booked 8 excursions tonight (sometimes Pacific Time is an advantage), and it worked exactly as you described. All the pricing options were clearly presented in the Cart. YWYW was the cheapest of the three, and we checked out. Easy as pie. Thanks!

You are welcome! 
Enjoy your cruise.