Price Drop on L&S Cruise

We lifted and shifted a cruise for next year.  I noticed that the current price is actually lower than our L&S cost.  I assume we can get the price drop as with any booking?  The cruise is out a bit so it's before final payment date.  (It's also refundable but will be a pain to cancel and then have to rebook...plus we would lose the lower taxes and fees)

30 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We lifted and shifted a cruise for next year.  I noticed that the current price is actually lower than our L&S cost.  I assume we can get the price drop as with any booking?  The cruise is out a bit so it's before final payment date.  (It's also refundable but will be a pain to cancel and then have to rebook...plus we would lose the lower taxes and fees)

If you refare it to the lower cruisefare you do pay the higher fees and taxes. Cant do one without the other.

Edited by firefly333

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you refare it to the lower cruisefare you do pay the higher fees and taxes. Cant do one without the other.

Maybe I'm wrong but from my experience, the taxes & fees are locked and doesn't change from booking.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Why would taxes and port fees change? That never happens to us.

Mine were not locked in when I did a L & S from last October to this October.  I'm just hoping I won't have L & S to next year.  It looks promising but I'm booked from Bayonne & I have heard nothing leaves there until next year.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PTAngel said:

Mine were not locked in when I did a L & S from last October to this October.  I'm just hoping I won't have L & S to next year.  It looks promising but I'm booked from Bayonne & I have heard nothing leaves there until next year.  

That's odd.  When I did L&S the invoice originally had the new taxes and fees.  But then with the adjusted invoice that comes after processing, the taxes and fees were reset to the same original one I had before the L&S.

18 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Maybe I'm wrong but from my experience, the taxes & fees are locked and doesn't change from booking.

Maybe once you lift and shift they lock again. 

Mine changed when I lifted and shifted. I was going by that. I'm sure you are right.

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe once you lift and shift they lock again. 

Mine changed when I lifted and shifted. I was going by that. I'm sure you are right.

That would make sense since it's a totally different cruise. Otherwise by your logic everyone that's on the same cruise would be paying different port fees and taxes for the same cruise and cabin type and that's just not true!

5 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

That's odd.  When I did L&S the invoice originally had the new taxes and fees.  But then with the adjusted invoice that comes after processing, the taxes and fees were reset to the same original one I had before the L&S.

I've had all 5 I lifted and shifted go up. 

I did a L&S online from a TP cruise this May to a TP next April. I had $200 OBC, which I noticed hadn’t transferred over, so I called. As they were adjusting, the rep let me know my port taxes and fees dropped, and I saved almost $120. This is something I would not have known about.

Edited by crzndeb

Two separate issues being discussed.

When a booking is lifted and shifted the taxes and fees are not price protected. 

Once the taxes and fees are set for the new cruise then they will remain locked and not subject to change for price drops. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two separate issues being discussed.

Wben a booking is lifted and shifted the taxes and fees are not price protected. 

Once the taxes and fees are set for the new cruise then they will remain locked and not subject to change for price drops. 

I would assume when you L&S you would be responsible for whatever the taxes and fees are for the new cruise, correct? That would be the logical and correct thing.

21 minutes ago, Big_G said:

Lucky you. We have 3 cruises booked and all are L&S and all the current prices are higher by at least 30 percent. 

I was actually quite surprised to see this.  In fact, I hadn't even bothered to price check this one until recently as the previous going rate was so much higher (whereas I'm one to check prices weekly in normal situation)

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

When you check for a price drop, do you compare your existing price to the same category on your current cruise or is it based on the price of the cruise from which it was lifted and shifted ?  Most all of my L&S were from Empress so there aren’t any Empress prices to compare to.  All of the Empress L&S prices are at least 50% less than the sailings that they shifted to...so I don’t think there’s any chance that I’ll have a price drop on anything unfortunately.

• Like 1

Never look at taxes and fees, just do a mock booking for the ship, sailing date and same category...............if the total price is lower then what I booked at, I then call to get the reduced price..............As easy as that............Taxes and Fees means nothing to me.

12 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

My Arctic crossing L&S is 300% more for an OV and 400% more for a balcony.  I don't think I'm going to get a price drop.

Agree and thank goodness for the option to L&S from the redeployed Odyssey TA to the Arctic Crossing!  $2816 vs $9096 (prices on Mar 2nd) for an OV balcony midship.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

When you check for a price drop, do you compare your existing price to the same category on your current cruise or is it based on the price of the cruise from which it was lifted and shifted ?  Most all of my L&S were from Empress so there aren’t any Empress prices to compare to.  All of the Empress L&S prices are at least 50% less than the sailings that they shifted to...so I don’t think there’s any chance that I’ll have a price drop on anything unfortunately.

It is always the price that you paid vs the current price. 

• Like 1