Europe 2021 cancelled?

19 minutes ago, Abernhar said:

I’m booked on the august 29 sailing on Harmony and i’m looking forward to this cruise.

Europe will ‘open’ for travel between the countrys around july 1’st, and there will be a ‘european travelpass’ wich will indicate if you had your vacsine, negativ tests and if you had covid the last 6 months. Europe cant have another summer without tourist ......

I think Harmony will start sailing around July 15 this summer...

Other Italian cruise-Lines will deploy many ships in western med. and cant se no reason why Rccl wont?

I'm still hope they Cancel my date on Harmony for September...........long airplane ride for restrictions on the ship and not feel so good about touring those ports right now.

Still hoping to be able to Lift and Shift to 2022 for when all things settle down so we will have a great first cruise ever in Europe.

2 hours ago, abo said:

The NHS App has been updated to include an official record of vaccination.  It allows the record to be shared electronically by scanning a bar code and that can be emailed and printed as an official paper record.  Hopefully the UK Government has already had agreement this will be acceptable to airlines and other governments, but if it is that proof is already there and available to anyone vaccinated.

Not sure about anyone without a smartphone though.  Perhaps they can get direct from the NHS.

You say this like the NHS app is available to everyone in the UK. It's not. It's only available for England. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland will need to sort something else out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I'm still hope they Cancel my date on Harmony for September...........long airplane ride for restrictions on the ship and not feel so good about touring those ports right now.

Still hoping to be able to Lift and Shift to 2022 for when all things settle down so we will have a great first cruise ever in Europe.

If it’s your first cruise in Europe i absolutly understand that you prefer to cruise in 2022. But i think the cruise will go on.... but you still have the possibility to move your cruise for next year. L&S i think is over (could be wrong)....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Abernhar said:

I’m booked on the august 29 sailing on Harmony and i’m looking forward to this cruise.

Europe will ‘open’ for travel between the countrys around july 1’st, and there will be a ‘european travelpass’ wich will indicate if you had your vacsine, negativ tests and if you had covid the last 6 months. Europe cant have another summer without tourist ......

Other Italian cruise-Lines will deploy many ships in western med. and cant se no reason why Rccl wont?

Abernhar,

Any word what Norway is doing about cruising? We are on Sept. 5th Anthem sailing. 

Edited by librarylady19

1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

Abernhar,

Any word what Norway is doing about cruising? We are on Sept. 5th Anthem sailing. 

At the moment their ports appear to be closed to cruise ships. Why do I say this? Because my cruise to Norway for August 29 has been changed to Sweden and Estonia, and the cruise line (MSC) made the decision based on the availability of ports in Denmark and Norway. Majorly bummed but can't do anything about it.

1 hour ago, librarylady19 said:

Abernhar,

I know the gouverment is working on the issue, many ports in ‘the fjords’  was bleeding last summer....

I think Norway will follow EU in this matter - hopefully we will be back to a new kind of normality👍 
So if EU will allow you to travel i think Norway will do the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Abernhar said:

On the same cruise figers crossed for us it goes ahead

2 minutes ago, Abernhar said:

I know the gouverment is working on the issue, many ports in ‘the fjords’  was bleeding last summer....

I think Norway will follow EU in this matter - hopefully we will be back to a new kind of normality👍 
So if EU will allow you to travel i think Norway will do the same. 

For oss er det allerede får sent. 😥

I had so hoped to introduce my wife to Norway, I have spent years learning the language and now the cruise is off. One day!

5 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

You say this like the NHS app is available to everyone in the UK. It's not. It's only available for England. Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland will need to sort something else out.

I wasn't saying it like anything, just giving information,  that's all.  Hopefully it's useful to some, if not just walk on by.

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

For oss er det allerede får sent. 😥

I had so hoped to introduce my wife to Norway, I have spent years learning the language and now the cruise is off. One day!

What ship and sailing date were you suppose to be on? what itinerary?

Edited by Jimbo

3 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

At the moment their ports appear to be closed to cruise ships. Why do I say this? Because my cruise to Norway for August 29 has been changed to Sweden and Estonia, and the cruise line (MSC) made the decision based on the availability of ports in Denmark and Norway. Majorly bummed but can't do anything about it.

Norway is ‘proud’ to be indipendent😳 therefor we follow pollitly in the Line when decision is made in the EU. But we dont like to rush things.....

sweden on the other hand is ‘open’ but also still have many more covid cases and deaths than any other countrys in the region.

i think this (cruises in Norway) will be much clearer around july 1’st - if the cruise companies dare to wait....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

On the same cruise figers crossed for us it goes ahead

We are also booked on this cruise and paid it yesterday in full. We prefer this cruise to be cancelled though. The uncertainty of the full implementation of the C&A program (see present Singapore cruises), questionable C&A-/suite lounge use, mask wearing, buffet uncertainties and maybe other onboard limitations will not stimulate us favorably to become happy cruisers on Harmony from BCN. 

29 minutes ago, Kbonner said:

We are also booked on this cruise and paid it yesterday in full. We prefer this cruise to be cancelled though. The uncertainty of the full implementation of the C&A program (see present Singapore cruises), questionable C&A-/suite lounge use, mask wearing, buffet uncertainties and maybe other onboard limitations will not stimulate us favorably to become happy cruisers on Harmony from BCN. 

We havent got to pay for ours till July, so waiting out to see how it goes between now and then. As for restrictions, i have lived with them for two years, mask wearing doesn't bother me at all as i have to wear one in work for 8hrs a day. I would like no restrictions but tbh that is never going to happen, things have changed

18 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

I understand Scotland has its own version now 

On 5/21/2021 at 3:24 PM, abo said:

The NHS App has been updated to include an official record of vaccination.  It allows the record to be shared electronically by scanning a bar code and that can be emailed and printed as an official paper record.  Hopefully the UK Government has already had agreement this will be acceptable to airlines and other governments, but if it is that proof is already there and available to anyone vaccinated.

Not sure about anyone without a smartphone though.  Perhaps they can get direct from the NHS.

I have the my GP app, but for some reason there’s no Barr code and it seems we have to get our surgery to allow access to medical records. At the moment can’t visit the surgery without an appointment and they are only answering the phone for emergencies! Hopefully this will become easier in a short while, we have until September before our next trip. Dianne

5 hours ago, di T said:

I have the my GP app, but for some reason there’s no Barr code and it seems we have to get our surgery to allow access to medical records. At the moment can’t visit the surgery without an appointment and they are only answering the phone for emergencies! Hopefully this will become easier in a short while, we have until September before our next trip. Dianne

Make sure you have the right NHS app.  You don't have to contact your surgery to access the covid vaccination record and the QR code, only if you want full access to all your medical records 

There's a couple of security hurdles to get thru before it's set up though 

Edited by sgmn