Covid Tests at END of cruise

Mocamps

We are from the UK and note that we are required to have Covid test and result before returning to UK. I think it’s similar in the US. Does anyone know if Windstar are organising for testing on the ship or do we need to try to organise it in our last port? And how do we do that if we can only go ashore on Windstar excursions? We’re keen to go on a cruise but it’s getting very complicated!!

From the Gift Order Form - you find it listed in the Bon Voyage Gifts order form under Booked Guests:

"COVID-19 TESTING Many countries, including the U.S., require a negative test result prior to entering the country. For your convenience, we offer optional COVID-19 testing for a nominal fee so there’s no need to worry about finding a testing site in a foreign country. This must be purchased in advance as test kits need to be ordered ahead of time.

2000 Antigen Test $49.00 _____

2001 PCR Test $89.00 _"

Note that it has to be purchased in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much Minidonuts!! I would NEVER have looked there. From what I can see for the UK we don’t need a PCR test until we get home (a  lateral flow test is fine) but we do need written confirmation of the results. Do you think that will be provided with either test?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing in my reservation that gives me the option of preordering the test. Just the site that states testing will be available on board. US citizens must do the rapid test three days before flying home.

6 hours ago, LewiLewi said:

Why is it necessary to have a COVID test if they already require a vaccination? If this continues, we will cancel our WS cruise in Nov. which leaves from Lisbon to Barbados.

Because it is an entry requirement to return to the US.  Windstar does not set this policy.

Edited by 6rugrats

1 hour ago, wesport said:

There is nothing in my reservation that gives me the option of preordering the test. Just the site that states testing will be available on board. US citizens must do the rapid test three days before flying home.

Logic would say that the Covid test ordering should be part of the "shore excursions" or "all in package" links.  However, you have to dig:

https://www.windstarcruises.com/voyage-plan/general-information/#BonVoyageGifts

image.png.0aa564853012c8d6145f016cb41efba4.png

Friends and family can buy your return Covid test on the same form they can send you bon voyage Champagne!

35 minutes ago, RemPuck said:

Logic would say that the Covid test ordering should be part of the "shore excursions" or "all in package" links.  However, you have to dig:

Friends and family can buy your return Covid test on the same form they can send you bon voyage Champagne!

I just heard back from Windstar. You can order it ahead of time or just buy it on the ship.  However, no matter how you pay, you have to schedule it on the ship. 

42 minutes ago, RemPuck said:

Thanks!  Just printed the form. I guess you fill it in and call to order any items you want. 

I see that either he PCR or the antigen test is ok to re-enter the U.S.  Is there any reason to purchase the more expensive PCR test, as opposed to the less expensive antigen test?

Pam

2 hours ago, LTCOP said:

I see that either he PCR or the antigen test is ok to re-enter the U.S.  Is there any reason to purchase the more expensive PCR test, as opposed to the less expensive antigen test?

Pam

The way I read the form is that they are offering both options so that travelers can get the test required for their specific destination.  As you state, the US will accept the antigen test so (unless the requirements change), that should be sufficient.  Many airports and resorts are offering the antigen test with quick turnaround for US-bound travelers.

Thanks RemPuck.  Good to know you are reading it the same way as I was!  I would certainly take advantage of the least expensive option.  I keep hoping that the rules will change for vaccinated travelers soon.  We just booked the Star Breeze for July 31!  It is going to be interesting to see how this whole process will work.

Pam

1 hour ago, LTCOP said:

Thanks RemPuck.  Good to know you are reading it the same way as I was!  I would certainly take advantage of the least expensive option.  I keep hoping that the rules will change for vaccinated travelers soon.  We just booked the Star Breeze for July 31!  It is going to be interesting to see how this whole process will work.

Pam

Pam - 

Enjoy your trip in July...and please keep us posted on how things work with testing and excursions and ship-board protocol...there are so many questions right now that really can only be answered once the ships are sailing with passengers again!

Howard (RemPuck)

I believe certain airline require PCR test instead of Antigen test.  In February this year when  I went to Maldives on Qatar airways I had to have PCR test and the paperwork have to clearly said PCR. At that time to enter the US they required PCR test. It might change now.