Carnival Restart Information

Lee Cruiser

I have no plans to sail on any cruise unless it requires full vaccinations by all passengers.  If that eliminates all cruises originating in Florida, I can live with that.  The top criterion for me in selecting a cruise is the itinerary - interesting destinations.  While I am sure the cruise line private islands are well done and can be controlled for Covid exposure, I don't find them to be particularly interesting destinations.  Our family usually cruises in groups of four to six people.  Given the effort to pack up and travel to a departure port and then travel back home with the herd, I consider 10 days to be the minimum cruise length.  Less than that is not worth the hassle.  Cruises of 3, 4, or 7 days are of no interest to me.

I just thought the cruise lines should know what one frequent cruiser is thinking.

40 minutes ago, todl31 said:

I have no plans to sail on any cruise unless it requires full vaccinations by all passengers.  If that eliminates all cruises originating in Florida, I can live with that.  The top criterion for me in selecting a cruise is the itinerary - interesting destinations.  While I am sure the cruise line private islands are well done and can be controlled for Covid exposure, I don't find them to be particularly interesting destinations.  Our family usually cruises in groups of four to six people.  Given the effort to pack up and travel to a departure port and then travel back home with the herd, I consider 10 days to be the minimum cruise length.  Less than that is not worth the hassle.  Cruises of 3, 4, or 7 days are of no interest to me.

I just thought the cruise lines should know what one frequent cruiser is thinking.

I see you are new, welcome to cc.

As you might know the cdc has said no cruises over 7 days until the cso expires nov 1st. Carnival cant even sell 8 days or longer until after that day. That's why longer cruises were pulled, it's not the cruiselines.

I would drive to the port for a 7 day or b2b shorter cruises. But not one short cruise. I start some b2bs next jan 2022 to abide by the cdc. My ta wouldnt book them until the cso expires.

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, todl31 said:

Guess you won’t be cruising with the rest of us! Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

As someone who followed a case for several years that was handled by Judge Merryday, I can tell you he is never in a hurry to make a ruling. We could all be cruising with no restrictions before he gets around to it. 

And this is a complex marriage of fed, state, and local law. Might be quite some time....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

And this is a complex marriage of fed, state, and local law. Might be quite some time....

If cruising restarts before a ruling, is the suit likely to continue?

31 minutes ago, broberts said:

If cruising restarts before a ruling, is the suit likely to continue?

You mean with no vaccination mandate and all parties come to some type of an agreement? Yes, they can stipulate they have reached a settlement, etc.

1 hour ago, CI66774 said:

Flu shots arent mandated to cruise....

The flu shot hey-day is over. I don't think we'll see participation rates like we did with covid going on. Most people I know don't get the flu shot but during covid I don't know anyone who didn't get the flu shots. Everyone was scared of the "dual infection" warnings that were blasted over the airwaves. I think things will return to normal with most people skipping the flu vaccine except for the elderly and immunocompermised.  

46 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

The flu shot hey-day is over. I don't think we'll see participation rates like we did with covid going on. Most people I know don't get the flu shot but during covid I don't know anyone who didn't get the flu shots. Everyone was scared of the "dual infection" warnings that were blasted over the airwaves. I think things will return to normal with most people skipping the flu vaccine except for the elderly and immunocompermised.  

Lol I didnt get the flu shot, but I got the vaccine asap. ..and I'm not young. Idk I've ever gotten one but never had the flu that I can remember. Maybe 20 years ago or more.

Just to add ...

In September 2020 still got my yearly Autumn flu shot.

In March-April the 2 dose Moderna.
  After seeing my 84 year year old Dad be hospitalized for Shingles in 2019 😢 .... I just finished up my 2nd dose of the Shingles vaccine this month. 
I’m a 63 year old woman with an underlying condition and feel totally “normal” ... even after 3 sets of vaccines this year! 
  I also get Pap & Mammograms. 
  💞My parents are 84 & 87 now. I’d like to be around & be as healthy as they are still in another 21-24 years!

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

• Like 5