Carnival Restart Information

Lee Cruiser

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Real easy.  95% vaccinated adults and 5% under and 11 kids.  Can't have any unvaccinated adults because of the new CDC mask guidelines for vaccinated cruisers.  If there was a mixture of vaccinated and unvaccinated adults, there would be no way to tell who was who so the new mask guidelines can only be implemented if there are 100% vaccinated adults on board. 

I agree.  It makes sense that the only people who will be allowed on vaccinated cruises are the kids who aren't able to get the vaccine.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I did not get balcony for winter MG cruise.   I just want everyone to be safe and sail.  again, my entire fam is vaccinated and ready to sail. 

DH and I are both vaccinated and ready for Jan 2022!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

DH and I are both vaccinated and ready for Jan 2022!!

Us too.

But what's the chance that CDC will come back later to say that no cruising until you get your booster shot by then... lol

Edited by NavyCruiser

51 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Us too.

But what's the chance that CDC will come back later to say that no cruising until you get your booster shot by then... lol

Probably good. I had my first shot in jan 2021. One of the first ones. A yearly booster wouldnt surprise me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

Us too.

By then, I think CDC's authority (or lack thereof) over vaccination requirements will be much clearer.

On 5/11/2021 at 7:08 PM, harkinmr said:

Ok, first of all, this case is in federal court.  An appeal will not go to the Florida Supreme Court.  It will go the the Federal Court of Appeals for the relevant circuit.  Second of all, there is not going to be any live testimony for this hearing.  The parties have agreed that the court will be making a decision based solely on the briefs and evidence delivered to the court by each side.  So anyone hoping for any spectacular courtroom drama ain't going to get it.

I chose this post to quote pseudo-randomly, just as a sub-topic reminder.  I'd post in the thread I started about the lawsuit, but "we" managed to get that thread locked.  🙄

So the hearing was supposed to be yesterday (or start yesterday).

Did anyone hear or see anything?  

7 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I chose this post to quote pseudo-randomly, just as a sub-topic reminder.  I'd post in the thread I started about the lawsuit, but "we" managed to get that thread locked.  🙄

It's being followed on rcl threads. No decision has been reached. It's in the hands of the judge. Even when there is a decision its expected the other side will appeal. It will go on for years, past when it would actually help us restart.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It's in the hands of the judge. Even when there is a decision its expected the other side will appeal. It will go on for years, past when it would actually help us restart.

I doubt it.  More likely it'll be dropped, if it isn't thrown out by the judge first.

11 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I doubt it.  More likely it'll be dropped, if it isn't thrown out by the judge first.

This was a TRO hearing. That’s all. Actually substantive case hasnt begun yet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Someone asked for a report. Of course a decision years from now will be useless. People including me know that.

Skipped right over the pt though ...the judge hasnt reached a decision and it wouldnt be decided in the courts!!! ..there were some hoping for a immediate decision and yea we could cruise. That's my pt. It wouldnt play out that way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

The arguments on the preliminary injunction were heard yesterday in Tampa.  The judge has taken the matter under consideration.  As far as I know, no decision yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

The arguments on the preliminary injunction were heard yesterday in Tampa.  The judge has taken the matter under consideration.  As far as I know, no decision yet.

Totally predictable. Anyone expecting an immediate decision had no idea how courts work, and/or were so convinced by their own feelings that they thought it would immediately go there way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

It could but why would the CDC insist on the shot?

It might say up to date shot, lasts one year. Who knows, but wouldnt surprise me. And mine was one of the first, so I'll get one next January probably anyway. I think was accidental, dallas site pulled by age and I might have gotten for my dad, got 2 with no name attached links so me and my mom went. My dad is 102 is why I think he was on the top of the contact list and we went first day.

So if a booster needed I'll be among the first to need it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Us too.

I can an endless parade of variants.....the Purple Wave variant, the Mayonnaise Variant, the Bugtussle variant, the...oh well...you get the point.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Totally predictable. Anyone expecting an immediate decision had no idea how courts work, and/or were so convinced by their own feelings that they thought it would immediately go there way.

Yeah, I didn't expect an immediate ruling, but would have gladly accepted one nonetheless!

It's like the medical tests done on TV shows in hospitals like House - the show makes it looks like the whole battery of tests for a mysterious ailment can be done in an afternoon, whereas sometimes it will take over a week to get a few verifiable results and a whole bunch of inconclusives. 

As someone who followed a case for several years that was handled by Judge Merryday, I can tell you he is never in a hurry to make a ruling. We could all be cruising with no restrictions before he gets around to it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, I didn't expect an immediate ruling, but would have gladly accepted one nonetheless!

It's like the medical tests done on TV shows in hospitals like House - the show makes it looks like the whole battery of tests for a mysterious ailment can be done in an afternoon, whereas sometimes it will take over a week to get a few verifiable results and a whole bunch of inconclusives. 

Or as another example the law and court type shows on tv where the trial is immediately after the murder is solved. I still remember one episode of Law & Order where they solved the case, had the trial, and then the detectives attended the funeral of the victim. That's about as compressed a time frame as you could possibly imagine.