Carnival Restart Information

Lee Cruiser

Yeah, just saw the Press Release email.

No surprises, I suppose, but disappointing nonetheless.

Geez, how many times have I typed that now?

Press release here:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-provides-update-possible-restart-plan

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Yeah, just saw the Press Release email.

No surprises, I suppose, but disappointing nonetheless.

Geez, how many times have I typed that now?

Press release here:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/carnival-cruise-line-provides-update-possible-restart-plan

True, but as far as I can remember, it is the first time this year that they have put out a specific plan with ships and dates. At least it is a good step in the right direction. 

• Like 5

Just now, Lee Cruiser said:

True, but as far as I can remember, it is the first time this year that they have put out a specific plan with ships and dates. At least it is a good step in the right direction. 

Exactly! It also hints at the direction they are going. Banking on the FL lawsuit first and then doing the hoop nonsense after if they must and things don't go well. Seems like a great plan to me. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Exactly! It also hints at the direction they are going. Banking on the FL lawsuit first and then doing the hoop nonsense after if they must and things don't go well. Seems like a great plan to me. 

It's a guessing game for any of us, but I'm thinking this has to do more with information already in hand  from the CDC and little to do with the lawsuit.  They have already received information on July startup from the CDC.  If they were banking on the lawsuit, it would make more sense to wait until after tomorrow to  release this information.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

It's a guessing game for any of us, but I'm thinking this has to do more with information already in hand  from the CDC and little to do with the lawsuit.  They have already received information on July startup from the CDC.  If they were banking on the lawsuit, it would make more sense to wait until after tomorrow to  release this information.

This.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I don't know, that "information on July startup" seems pretty unworkable to me (as written). Then there is the FL vaccine law issue (TX also did similar I believe) that has yet to be worked out (why announce this before that has been worked out). Plus a favorable judge and a few envelopes on the back nine may help them see things clearer. The big dogs play by different rules. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I don't know, that "information on July startup" seems pretty unworkable to me (as written). Then there is the FL vaccine law issue (TX also did similar I believe) that has yet to be worked out (why announce this before that has been worked out). Plus a favorable judge and a few envelopes on the back nine may help them see things clearer. The big dogs play by different rules. 😉 

Perhaps Carnival isn't going to require vaccines.

• Like 2

If Carnival chooses not to have a vaccination requirement and chooses to do test cruises, what is the time frame?  I think the test cruises have a lot of rules and would be for volunteers over the age of 18.  Do the test cruises go on for two months before they can do regular cruises?

3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Do the test cruises go on for two months before they can do regular cruises?

I believe the requirement is they test cruises occur until the CDC is satisfied they are following all the correct protocols successfully.

In theory, I think it could take just one two-day (one or two nights) cruise to satisfy that, especially with a stop at a private island to test those protocols.  But it has to be done per ship, not per class, IIRC.

• Like 2

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

If Carnival chooses not to have a vaccination requirement and chooses to do test cruises, what is the time frame?  I think the test cruises have a lot of rules and would be for volunteers over the age of 18.  Do the test cruises go on for two months before they can do regular cruises?

Some believe (based on verbiage) that each and every ship must do them (incentive to nudge the vaccine route) but I don't necessarily see it that way. They need to wait for part III from CDC to spell all that out. This is what the lines are unclear on. It's too ambiguous/nonsensical and that may be the perfect angle to chase in court (IMO).  

• Like 2

Just now, ProgRockCruiser said:

I believe the requirement is they test cruises occur until the CDC is satisfied they are following all the correct protocols successfully.

In theory, I think it could take just one two-day (one or two nights) cruise to satisfy that, especially with a stop at a private island to test those protocols.  But it has to be done per ship, not per class, IIRC.

I thought there was some type of 60 day requirement tied to the test cruise unvaccinated path.

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Looks like they are banking on that hearing going their way tomorrow! Desantis may pull it off despite all the naysayers who wrote him off. I'll bring the popcorn!   

If that was the case, why wouldn't they just hold this announcement until tomorrow and see what the result of the hearing way before saying anything?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bigrednole said:

I think if July is a go, they are going to do the test sailings. By the time the trial is over and they can make things work, they can't be up and running until August anyway.

Either test sailings or the vaccine requirement route, which I personally feel is more likely. 

Just now, Earthworm Jim said:

If that was the case, why wouldn't they just hold this announcement until tomorrow and see what the result of the hearing way before saying anything?

The result won't be tomorrow. The hearing starts tomorrow. The CDC had another bombshell dropped on them that they will now have to answer to as well. It is their claim of less than 10% infection rate in outdoors. The more this information comes up and the CDC not able to you guess work science in a courtroom, the more I believe FL/TX/AK win this case. Because of timing, July is a pipe dream. That is why I think they canceled.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I could ask the same question about announcing a FL/TX restart without having worked out the FL covid vaccine law issue. Who knows? Confidence? Hope? Inside information? Your guess is as good as mine.   

Great.

We're booked on the Breeze out of Galveston in Sept.

Did Carnival say anything about those 3 cruises requiring 100% vaccination?

Or masks required?

Our Mom's 80+ and don't wanna cruise if it's not 100% vac required.

So what are cancellation & rebooking to future cruises policies if we want to transfer those OBC's...?

Thanks,