Royal Up Accepted Then I Cancel Under CWC, Do I get FCC for Royal Up $$$?

So I'm about to hit the button on a Royal Up offer for an Adventure sailing out of Nassau.  Then I wonder... what if my offer is accepted, then later I decide to cancel under CWC because the rules are too strict.  Would I get my Royal Up $$$ back in FCC?  Anyone know for sure?

It should be considered part of cruise fare, but be prepared to possibly have to ask for it. I was on Anthem two summers ago, bid high and upgraded to a Sky Loft Suite. Due to a problem with the previous cruise (a medical emergency they took care of, but could not get back to Cape Liberty on time) the cruise was shortened by a day, and then we were not able to board until 7 PM the next day. Royal reimbursed us for the day but when I saw my reimbursement, it was based on my original cruise fare, not including the upgrade fee. We had a number to call and they did take care of it for me. So just be prepared to check on it with Royal if you do CWC.

Just now, dswallow said:

I know I read the same thing -- it will be refunded to your form of payment; it is not eligible to become a FCC with a bonus amount. I will find it...

I think it was only on some of the early cancellation letters.  It really hasn’t applied in quite a while. 

11 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can’t find it now but I recall reading that The Royal Up amount is treated the same as port fees and taxes and will be refunded if the cruise is cancelled. 

Thanks, but I'm asking about if I cancel, not them.

When this all started a year ago, the upgrade fees were refunded.  However, with so many changes, and no sailings, since then, I would ask the question.  Call the cruise line and write down the name of the person you spoke with as well as the date and time.