Who else thinks that anyone caught faking their vaccine credentials should be banned from Cruising for life?

WestLakeGirl

Why do you care of someone fakes one or not?  If someone did, how would it affect you?  Try taking care of yourself and practice minding your own business.  Too many people still trying to divide and conquer. 

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 12:58 AM, cantstopingcruising said:

I will tell you all I know. This was a friend of a friend. The husband was vaccinated. The wife and child were not. The wife and child were not exposed to anyone except the husband. The wife and child got Covid. So they tested the husband and lo and behold he tested positive even though he had no symptoms.

Just because the husband tested positive does not mean they caught the virus from him although the odds may indicate so. Genomic testing would be required to confirm. Did this happen?

4 hours ago, janazaz said:

Why do you care of someone fakes one or not?  If someone did, how would it affect you?  Try taking care of yourself and practice minding your own business.  Too many people still trying to divide and conquer. 

Have you not read the tons of posts that very clearly explain why people would be upset with someone who refuses to be vaccinated and goes and gets fake documents so they can go on a cruise? 

Are you really attempting to minimize lying about being vaccinated to something minor such as sneaking booze on board, accusing those that take obvious great offense at that of “trying to divide and conquer”? Wow.  

those who got vaccinated did so not only to protect themselves, but to protect their family, friends and community, and to attempt to minimize COVID mutating further. Those that didn’t vaccinate didnt because of legitimate medical reasons or don’t believe in science. But there is a Big difference between deciding not to get vaccinated and lying about it. And personally, that type of person who would fake being vaccinated needs to be ‘divided and conquered’. Whatever the heck that was supposed to mean. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, janazaz said:

What's there to " conquer " ??? Who are you going to " fool " by sneaking on board ?

I have a " feeling " you are still counting votes, you know, the ones with bamboo.

Please read post # 180 --- 16 times, then think about it.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2021 at 7:20 PM, Pinboy said:

Pages and pages and pages on the same thing---

Be smart ---get the vaccine, protect yourself and others, never mind that " I got my rights " BS---

So, if you need to prove you've been vaccinated, big deal-- show your proof.

It will take less effort than getting a fake document and " sweating bullets " throughout the whole cruise hoping you don't get caught.

It's getting extremely frustrating reading some of the nonsense comments posted lately on CC.

Yea, I know---- " You don't like it----- Bye Bye "

You’re correct that some of the comments on this board are frustrating and scary. This makes me think twice about boarding a ship. At least right now. This board is not as bad as some of the others but still concerning. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mom says said:

While you're at it janazaz, read post #190. And continue re reading until it sinks in.

I have a strong feeling that it is not very likely that it will sink in with them no matter how much they read! Their “truth” is “their” truth.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Denny01 said:

those who got vaccinated did so not only to protect themselves, but to protect their family, friends and community, and to attempt to minimize COVID mutating further. 

Lot and lots of people are not even vaguely conversant with that concept.

And show it day after day.  Cruising will not alter their mindset, unfortunately. 

• Like 3

On 5/24/2021 at 8:49 AM, dallasdan said:

First, there is no way to know who faked their vaccine cards and who didn't .  So if a vaccinated person gets sick with Covid do we make them walk the plank because they cannot prove they were vaccinated.  This is a slipper slope of mob mentality.

How many people on this thread lied on their health questionaries' back in the day.  Should you have been banned for life?

I agree with you dallasdan.  I guess some people think the vaccine is the gold standard when there is NO gold standard.  We are all doing the best we can do, and the cruise industry has jumped through more hoops than any industry trying to protect crew and passengers.  Keep in mind that the J & J vaccine is 66% effective, and I am sure that many cruise passengers opted for the one jab.  We also know that some people who were vaccinated got covid.  There are no guarantees other than staying home and avoiding people.     

We all have to remember that those who profess that the COVID-19 virus is fake ad claim to be cruisers are really people who "cruise" solely for the partying, drinking, stuffing and carousing.  They do not cruise to meet new people, experience new cultures, and expand their knowledge of the world.  As some one who has travel on the sea for 75 years I don't consider their unsafe practices anywhere close to "cruising."  

If I were the OP, I would close this topic.  I guess I have more faith in people and maybe I have just been lucky to have cruised with some of the best people and have made great friendships.  Everyone here has a choice NOT to cruise.  If you think there are people that will cheat and you think YOUR vaccine won't protect you, then you have to consider your level of risk.  As soon as the CDC came out with the card, people started talking about conspiracies.  It's sad to be back on the boards, being excited about cruising again and listening to all of the back seat driver virologists and their theories.  Just stop already.

It makes me sad to read these comments. I fear that something is fundamentally broken in this country that we can’t recognize a common enemy and come together to defeat it. Interest in the general good has been supplanted by selfish ignorance.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

If I were the OP, I would close this topic.  I guess I have more faith in people and maybe I have just been lucky to have cruised with some of the best people and have made great friendships.  Everyone here has a choice NOT to cruise.  If you think there are people that will cheat and you think YOUR vaccine won't protect you, then you have to consider your level of risk.  As soon as the CDC came out with the card, people started talking about conspiracies.  It's sad to be back on the boards, being excited about cruising again and listening to all of the back seat driver virologists and their theories.  Just stop already.

The OP doesn't have the option to "Close" a thread.

And I really don't think the onus should be on those who are concerned about fake documentation, telling them they have to consider the level of risk.  The onus is on the potential rule breaker.

The risk is, quite simply for many of us here, that some idiot will fake their way onto a sailing, contract COVID and destroy the balance of the sailing for thousands of other pax.  I feel safe in MY vaccination and have confidence it will protect me (cheap shot) but have no desire to find myself in a situation again where ports refuse entry and a sailing is ended early. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

The OP doesn't have the option to "Close" a thread.

And I really don't think the onus should be on those who are concerned about fake documentation, telling them they have to consider the level of risk.  The onus is on the potential rule breaker.

The risk is, quite simply for many of us here, that some idiot will fake their way onto a sailing, contract COVID and destroy the balance of the sailing for thousands of other pax.  I feel safe in MY vaccination and have confidence it will protect me (cheap shot) but have no desire to find myself in a situation again where ports refuse entry and a sailing is ended early. 

It is clear that there are various "camps" on this.  I tend to be in the camp that people are looking forward to cruising again and believe that people understand what is at stake and won't be faking their way onto a ship.  I don't think anyone wants to find themselves on a cruise that ends early and I'm not even sure that would happen unless there is a major outbreak.  I'm trying to think how there might be a major outbreak considering everyone is vaccinated...hmmm, have to think about that.  If a person should get sick from covid, that doesn't mean that they faked their way onto the ship.  If you have been following the CLIA, you then know that the cruise industry has to follow strict guidelines which are in place to protect staff and crew in addition to handling sick passengers.  Just relax and look forward to cruising again and don't let all of the debbie downers and conspiracy theorists get you down.  The cruise lines have this.   

I haven't participated in this thread so far, but I do want to chime in with two points:

1) Cruise lines are private businesses and they should have the right to refuse service to anyone who poses a real threat to the existence on their entire industry. Someone who lies about vaccination and then contacts covid on a cruise could unfairly shatter the public perception that vaccinated cruising is safe. The businesses shouldn't have to shoulder that risk.

2) About 75% of the reason I took the vaccine was so I could travel again, including cruising. So it's a big deal to me.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

I  Just relax and look forward to cruising again and don't let all of the debbie downers and conspiracy theorists get you down.  The cruise lines have this.   

If you want to be confident that ports will allow you to dock if there is an outbreak (even if it is only one) I am not ready to concede that having been barred from 8 ports (including our disembarkation port) with NO COVID at all, just the threat.  And you are way more confident that people will not fake their way onto a ship.  

Debbie Downers aren't getting me down.  I have 13 sailings (around 200 days) booked and deposited in the next 20 months.  I was just voicing why many are concerned about idiots bluffing their way onto a sailing and ruining it. 

• Like 2

For the poster who said that only a ‘major outbreak’ could end a cruise early, the CDC has defined 1-1.5% as the threshold, which for Celebrity cruise ships is about 30-45 passengers for a full complement, or less for M-Class. That isn’t ‘major’, at least in my math book. 

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Like 1