Resumption of cruises announced for Regent. First cruise for you will be?

My first cruise on Regent was to sail on the RSS Mariner (Penthouse A) to the Western Mediterranean for 10 days on July 2, 2021. Cancelled in April and moved to the RSS Explorer for the Eastern Mediterranean, 10 days, same suite class & no fare change, set to sail August 2022 (final payment April 2022). They just added the 100$ Visa for Istanbul and the insurance premium went by 10$. 

When updating my STEP information it reminded me of the Level 4 advisory for Greece and Turkey (as of April 2021). 

We'll see if this happens. I may end up cancelling and requesting a refund of the deposit.

• Like 1

We hope to join a Regent cruise in Miami in December this year 🤞, but realise there are still a few hurdles to overcome before our dream of being back on board a Regent ship becomes a reality.

This News Report exemplifies the continuing paranoia over cruise ships and shows how the attitudes of regional governments and local port authority rules can easily disrupt a cruise itinerary.

This particular example is truly bizarre since all the passengers on board the UK domestic cruise are UK residents, all have been tested and most are vaccinated.

They could all travel from England to Scotland by car, bus, train, plane or ferry .............. but not on a cruise ship 🙄 🤨 

For those joining Splendor for her re-start in the UK this coming September I hope our regional differences on cruising have disappeared by then.

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 2

Our first returning cruise will be on the Splendor, March 7th -24th,2023. B-B Miami -Miami.

......BUT ONLY if they still require ALL Passengers, Staff, Crew and Entertainers with FULL Vaccinations!

Also if Florida still won't allow this, then they should DROP MIAMI Port and use New York City or even Nassau, Bahamas.

Anyway it is still 9 months away...LOTS of time to cancel by October, if the young(42 year old Gov),

changes his mind.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Our first returning cruise will be on the Splendor, March 7th -24th,2023. B-B Miami -Miami.

......BUT ONLY if they still require ALL Passengers, Staff, Crew and Entertainers with FULL Vaccinations!

Also if Florida still won't allow this, then they should DROP MIAMI Port and use New York City or even Nassau, Bahamas.

Anyway it is still 9 months away...LOTS of time to cancel by October, if the young(42 year old Gov),

changes his mind.

Cheers Pat

Pat, if it's 9 months away, I assume that 2023 was a typo and that you meant 2022.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 1:43 PM, SnoBirdCruiser said:

changes his mind.

Cheers Pat

Pat, maybe they will swap Resolute for Miami for embarkation.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Pat, if it's 9 months away, I assume that 2023 was a typo and that you meant 2022.

Thank you Wendy...you are correct it should have been 2022....2023 we are booked on a World Cruise again....Hoping that by then the cruise industry will have returned to a normality.

We have had our second vaccination and are also thrilled our city will soon reach 70% vaccinations.

Cheers,

Pat

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Pat, maybe they will swap Resolute for Miami for embarkation.  

LOL, Marc....if it was resolute you would have to fly in on a plane with skis and then Hibernate till July waiting for the ice to melt....Say hi to Arlene for me.

Cheers Pat and Ray

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Thank you Wendy...you are correct it should have been 2022....2023 we are booked on a World Cruise again....Hoping that by then the cruise industry will have returned to a normality.

We have had our second vaccination and are also thrilled our city will soon reach 70% vaccinations.

Cheers,

Pat

Congrats on the vaccines, Pat.  We're having ours next week, me the day after tomorrow!

Sadly we missed the boat, so to speak, on the chance of a world cruise--we were booked for 2021, but now it's too late for us I think.  Will be travelling vicariously with both the 2022 and 2023 world cruises!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Congrats on the vaccines, Pat.  We're having ours next week, me the day after tomorrow!

Sadly we missed the boat, so to speak, on the chance of a world cruise--we were booked for 2021, but now it's too late for us I think.  Will be travelling vicariously with both the 2022 and 2023 world cruises!

We only made our booking on May 7th for the 2023 WC.....Miami to Athens(119nights)..it is similar to the one in 2020 WC (where we were booked on the last half) that Crystal cancelled. Keeping our fingers crossed it will happen! Crystal, like Regent also requires 100% vaccination of ALL on board.

If they do a change in this it will also be Adieu, Adios, Hasta la Vista, Auf Wiedersehen for us from Crystal.

Cheers,

Pat

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have at least 7 trip cancellations files on my computer and we are looking forward to opening the windows to travel with Explorer's 12-20-21 Holiday cruise for 14 days. Next up is Mariner on 5-5-22 Alaska, then, highly anticipated Splendor on the 12-20-22 Panama Canal Holiday cruise. All the cabins are booked on the top deck to maximize views and mitigate noise.  Can't wait to pile on those cruise points.

• Thanks 1

1Teach53 twisted my arm and threatened to shoot my dog if we didn’t book with them on the Explorer for 31 Oct. Looking forward to seeing them again and to meeting GOARMY!  I will swap some war stories with him. 
Z and TB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zqueeze1 et. al:  

I keep positive thoughts for Explorer's Atlantic crossing to Miami in about 112 days to actually happen.

Do not want a repeat of the March 13, 2020 experience when at Regent's San Diego hotel anticipating boarding Splendor the next day.  We had planned a Renewal of Vows "event" (50th Wedding Anniversary) while onboard to be shared with our TA, her spouse, and the couple who were in our wedding party. 

COVID lockdown intervened.  Back to Seattle on March 14th.  

So, if this particular party does happen, I will be that old guy on the jogging track each morning at 0700H trying to burn off the previous nights' dinner (and dessert(s).  

It has been more than a few years--28 to be exact--since Army retirement.  Have forgotten most of the stories from the old days.  Maybe will have to make some up. 

Maintain a positive vibe.  Look forward to seeing all aboard at Barcelona. 

GOARMY!

Hopefully our first cruise is from Tokyo to San Francisco in April 2022 on Mariner.  This is the last segment of the world cruise.  Will be able to work flights the end of this month.  Am planning on keeping the flights under Regent in case things change.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, califsealion said:

I hope you are all planning to post live cruise blogs so we can live vicariously on your trips!

No worries. As a self-professed narcissist, I always run a live blog. You will recognize our blog since the first picture I usually post is of my wife’s (TB) luggage. 

z

Z and TB

B5D652EC-72A7-4DCA-B0A0-3FE4E77284B5.jpeg

Edited by Zqueeze1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, GOARMY said:

Zqueeze1 et. al:  

I keep positive thoughts for Explorer's Atlantic crossing to Miami in about 112 days to actually happen.

Do not want a repeat of the March 13, 2020 experience when at Regent's San Diego hotel anticipating boarding Splendor the next day.  We had planned a Renewal of Vows "event" (50th Wedding Anniversary) while onboard to be shared with our TA, her spouse, and the couple who were in our wedding party. 

COVID lockdown intervened.  Back to Seattle on March 14th.  

So, if this particular party does happen, I will be that old guy on the jogging track each morning at 0700H trying to burn off the previous nights' dinner (and dessert(s).  

It has been more than a few years--28 to be exact--since Army retirement.  Have forgotten most of the stories from the old days.  Maybe will have to make some up. 

Maintain a positive vibe.  Look forward to seeing all aboard at Barcelona. 

GOARMY!

GOARMY!

I retired from the Air Force ten years ago and still live vicariously from the war stories we swap at work since I now work for DoD. 
We were fortunate enough to be on the last complete Explorer cruise last March. We disembarked on the 12th, went to work on the 13th and was told to go home for another two weeks, then the Explorer cancelled on the 14th. Strange days. 

I will definitely look for you. We are also on the track most mornings. I usually wear a Yankees or Citadel baseball cap. If not, I can be found at the pool bar most afternoons.  You need to also meet John and Karen (1Teach53). We have sailed with them several times and have had a great time with them.  

Stay safe. 

Z and TB

Zqueeze1, hope you have a wonderful crossing.  We’ll be on the Splendor crossing in November.  Wish we all could have been on the same one.   Give our best to TB, John and Karen.   Terri

• Like 1