FDR-38million dollar man

zoncom

5 hours ago, marieps said:

We are in a clear minority Susie.  That's fine.  My biggest disappointment is I have to wait until February to enjoy O's fine service, food and clientele.  

That I quite understand..it will be worth waiting for with all of the changes and new things..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

last thought here

Who cares what he makes

I am sure if those in charge  did not think he was worth the amount his contract would be terminated

JMO

If FDR works 40 hours per week for 50 weeks per year its $18,000.00 per hour.

Hard for me to see that for anybody's hourly rate.

A mere $720,000.00 per week.

How many billions did they lose last year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Frank Del Rio, the man who founded Oceania out of the ashes of Renaissance, now President and CEO of NCLH which owns Norwegian, Oceania and Regent.

Also the former Co-CEO of Renaissance who, as he has publicly stated, was "unceremoniously" fired from Renaissance.  I would not be surprised if he faces the same fate again.

1 hour ago, mrlevin said:

Also the former Co-CEO of Renaissance who, as he has publicly stated, was "unceremoniously" fired from Renaissance.  I would not be surprised if he faces the same fate again.

I would hope not.  He is he best thing that happened to NCL in their history.   Also in believe that a portion of that money came from stock options over the last 4 or 5 years.  Do not know the man, never met him, just have sailed on O many times and think how they run their ships is wonderful.  I give FDR most of the credit for that.

• Like 3

On 6/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, zoncom said:

He gets the money and we get the shaft. So far he has cancelled 3 of my cruises, including the 2021 WC which had the best itin yet. Other lines are cruising Caribbean; why not O?

Are you really serious...DS

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, marieps said:

We are in a clear minority Susie.  That's fine.  My biggest disappointment is I have to wait until February to enjoy O's fine service, food and clientele.  

You don't have to wait till Feb....and we all hope that the service and the food comes but at the same level or better pre-covid- but I think it may not.....and if the airlines is any indication on how clientele will act we are in for a whole new experience!

20 hours ago, marieps said:

Marie: which cruise did you end up on? Did you have to pay a lot more for it or did O offer you anything as compensation for the cancelled one?

2 hours ago, susiesan said:

Marie: which cruise did you end up on? Did you have to pay a lot more for it or did O offer you anything as compensation for the cancelled one?

I'm just going to get my $1,500 back.  I didn't expect anything else.  I'm on Riviera February 7 tooling around the Caribbean...but that was booked long before the Sirena news.  

38 minutes ago, marieps said:

I'm just going to get my $1,500 back.  I didn't expect anything else.  I'm on Riviera February 7 tooling around the Caribbean...but that was booked long before the Sirena news.  

After all it’s not Oceania fault that the cruises got canceled. I’m sure they  would prefer all their ships to be sailing as normal.

Our December 1st Sirena cruise was canceled too. We booked the November 2022 instead when we first learned about the re-start of the sailings dates. We didn’t expect any additional compensation from Oceania either. I completely understand that the prices are higher now. The demand for the future cruises is high too. They are in business and this business is struggling now as we all know. We had three other cruises canceled as well over the last year. Now we’re just waiting to get our deposit back again. Hopefully, we’ll be able to cruise soon.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, osandomir said:

After all it’s not Oceania fault that the cruises got canceled. I’m sure they  would prefer all their ships to be sailing as normal.

Our December 1st Sirena cruise was canceled too. We booked the November 2022 instead when we first learned about the re-start of the sailings dates. We didn’t expect any additional compensation from Oceania either. I completely understand that the prices are higher now. The demand for the future cruises is high too. They are in business and this business is struggling now as we all know. We had three other cruises canceled as well over the last year. Now we’re just waiting to get our deposit back again. Hopefully, we’ll be able to cruise soon.

My thoughts are well.  There was no mention of 125% FCC and I'm fine with that, even though I have a cruise booked on which it could be applied.  I'm even ok if it takes 90 days to get the $$ back.   I believe NCLH is leveraged, but solvent.  Not worried.

4 hours ago, fred 15 said:

I understand and accept that cruises must be cancelled. But they take our deposit immediately and then wait 6-8 weeks to return it. Pretty slick way to generate free short term working capital.

Oceania may say up to 60 days, but in reality it is much quicker for returning deposits.  Check the various threads on how quickly folks got theirs.