Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So how does RCI reconcile the Bahamian vaccination mandate with Florida's mandate to not allow proof of vaccination to be required?

8 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Why don't you ask Governor DeSantis that question.

I'm 100% sure that the State of Florida does not have jurisdiction over the Bahamas.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I'm 100% sure that the State of Florida does not have jurisdiction over the Bahamas.

We are talking about ships sailing out of Florida to the Bahamas. I 100% suspect the State of Florida has some sort of input.

49 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I believe if one wants to challenge an assertion they should be the one to provide the contradicting evidence.  

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. I made no claims at all, I simply asked if there was data available to support the position. The fact you see this as a challenge to the assertion is perplexing. The fact you insist readers have to prove or disprove assertions made by others is just silly.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, the sailings in Europe and Asia have been working but let's remember those sailings have Very strict protocols in place.     Masks basically required at all times.   

Are the masks required while eating and drinking such as TSA mandates for airline travel?

I think the Bahamas discussion is irrelevant since they dropped vaccine mandate...now require testing of unvaccinated. So those sailing out of Bahamas..adults are vaccinated..but children will need to be tested. But for those going to Bahamas via cruise ship...it bring up the question... what about various ports of call and their vaccine policies... For example... a few weeks back when the volcano on St Vincent began erupting there were reports that so of the local islands only wanted evacuees who had been vaccinated. So what does this mean for cruises with both vaccinated and non-vaccinated. I have not seen an answer to that question. Is it no longer an issue? We know CDC allows people to do excursions on their own if vaccinated... but how does the local govt know who is and who is not...unless some proof is shown? Again this gets back to the whole issue of vaccination passport bans. I don't like the idea of having to show your papers..as a general concept..but how do you handle internationally different regulations without having vaccination papers? It is challenging.

Edited by kearney
mistyped something

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have read that before. I am not concerned about me testing positive. My concern is what happens (to me) if too many other people test positive.

Doesn't the second bullet cover your question?  Or is it more like extra hotel cost back in Florida or wherever.  And or airline change fees?

On 6/5/2021 at 8:41 AM, CruisingHogFan said:

We booked Adventure out of Nassau due to knowing all adults would be vaccinated and shouldn’t have issues on the ship. Now other sailings are going to be starting from Florida with non vaccinated passengers.  I didn’t care since we would not book those sailings. Now I find out freedom will be in port at Nassau when we embarked and also in Coco Cay the same day as us.

This just sounds like a disaster!! 

I completely disagree.  Obviously you are "vaccinated", so why the worry?  Quit worrying about what others are doing and just do as you see fit for yourself.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, luvabargain said:

I completely disagree.  Obviously you are "vaccinated", so why the worry?  Quit worrying about what others are doing and just do as you see fit for yourself.

I agree... I do not understand why people who are vaccinated are freaking out about non vaccinated. I just wish they would stay home.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, kearney said:

I think the Bahamas discussion is irrelevant since they dropped vaccine mandate...now require testing of unvaccinated. So those sailing out of Bahamas..adults are vaccinated..but children will need to be tested. But for those going to Bahamas via cruise ship...it bring up the question... what about various ports of call and their vaccine policies... For example... a few weeks back when the volcano on St Vincent began erupting there were reports that so of the local islands only wanted evacuees who had been vaccinated. So what does this mean for cruises with both vaccinated and non-vaccinated. I have not seen an answer to that question. Is it no longer an issue? We know CDC allows people to do excursions on their own if vaccinated... but how does the local govt know who is and who is not...unless some proof is shown? Again this gets back to the whole issue of vaccination passport bans. I don't like the idea of having to show your papers..as a general concept..but how do you handle internationally different regulations without having vaccination papers? It is challenging.

Sort of on topic..  The State Dept does have a yellow vaccination card that is part of your passport if you are traveling to and or through certain counties that require a yellow fever vaccination.  I think if some countries started requiring the covid vaccination it would be included on that card.  But I don't believe (I maybe wrong) they would include it until the vaccination was fully approved. 

Edited by mauraoel

31 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We are talking about ships sailing out of Florida to the Bahamas. I 100% suspect the State of Florida has some sort of input.

Well, as I read the posts, it appeared to me (could be wrong interpretation) that the concern was 'how was RCCL going to deal with the conflicting requirements of ports and itineraries (specifically if a Florida port and the Bahamas).

In a thread about Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

I thought the 'injection' of ask DeSantis was inappropriate (but that's they way these threads start to wander before going viral and then gone or locked).

It is not up to DeSantis, the State of Florida or Bahama to deal with these matters.  The cruise lines have to be well versed in dealing with the requirements of the ports they sail from or to.

50 minutes ago, broberts said:

What an absolutely ridiculous statement. I made no claims at all, I simply asked if there was data available to support the position. The fact you see this as a challenge to the assertion is perplexing. The fact you insist readers have to prove or disprove assertions made by others is just silly.

In response, others have provided such information.

If someone posts that the European and Asian sailins have been generally safe since last August, linking a couple of headlines would be helpful.

When someone so bluntly challenges (that's correct) such a generally known fact (even though to even a casual reader of world news, and specifically to someone an active reader of CruiseCritic) I guess I believe the onus is also on that someone to 'put up.   

Expecting members that post to prove or disprove what they are posting seems reasonable (not silly), but hey, it is what it is.

Edited by At Sea At Peace
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

In response, others have provided such information.

If someone posts that the European and Asian sailins have been generally safe since last August, linking a couple of headlines would be helpful.

When someone so bluntly challenges (that's correct) such a generally known fact (even though to even a casual reader of world news, and specifically to someone an active reader of CruiseCritic) I guess I believe the onus is also on that someone to 'put up.   

Expecting members that post to prove or disprove what they are posting seems reasonable (not silly), but hey, it is what it is.

Press reports are not evidence and claiming a "generally known fact" does not make it fact or generally accepted.

As to your last paragraph, that is exactly what I did. So why are you telling me I'm wrong?

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Then all you paranoid people are afraid of being around someone who has not been vaccinated.  Maybe I got Covid from you. 
And then we get the CDC says you should do this or that and yet the CDC has no clue most of the time what to do because they change their mind from one minute to the next. 
And the wonderful Dr. Fauci has now been proven to have lied about Covid.  And yet we are suppose to be lemmings and just follow along. 
If you don't want to sail with un-vaccinated people then cancel your cruise.  
I am hoping with the current regulations when we go in November there will be people cancelling because there might be people un-vaccinated on board.  More bumper car and iFly time for us.  

This gets my post-of-the-day award!!!!!!  👍    One of the best replies ever!!!!!!!!!    💜💚   Totally agree

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

Press reports are not evidence and claiming a "generally known fact" does not make it fact or generally accepted.

We're not posting in a court of law with evidentiary requirements.  It's a social media platform that focuses on cruising.  

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

As to your last paragraph, that is exactly what I did. So why are you telling me I'm wrong?

Well, what I stated is not the same as what you did.

sss.JPG.145e2770c627a4b97140396c8a13659f.JPG

My reply quote was ~

"Expecting members that post to prove or disprove what they are posting seems reasonable (not silly), but hey, it is what it is."

So, yes you are indeed wrong.  That's OK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, At Sea At Peace said:

If the Bahamas (or any other foreign port for that matter) mandates the vaccine to enter their country, the cruise lines must require proof of vaccination. That is point I was trying to make.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The big guys at RCI headquarters get paid much more money to make that call than I do.😊

The point is DeSantis is making it impossible for cruise lines to port in foreign countries which may require passengers to be vaccinated. It is lawful for airlines to require proof of vaccines for entry to foreign countries, why not cruise lines?

• Like 1

I really haven’t been following this too close since my last response. I followed up that it was never about health reasons  or is catching Covid. Some people just don’t read and want to argue….

My original point is if Royal wants to sail with unvaccinated passengers please do so. But don’t change the plans for us that don’t want to go that route and keep our sailing fully vaccinated. There are rumors floating around that the Nassau sailings are going to change and allow non vaccinated adults in July just like Florida/Texas.  We booked this sailing because we knew we would be on a cruise with the lowest chance of people testing positive. A unvaccinated person has a higher chance of testing positive sometime during the cruise compared to a vaccinated person. Not sure how anyone can argue that…. 

Again, it’s never been about health scares, living in fear, etc. for us. We have already been traveling and living life the last 6 months as normal as possible. But there is a big difference putting a couple thousand people on a ship for 7 days because that’s how our media/CDC perceives it right now. Like it or not, a certain percentage onboard test positive then the cruise is going to end immediately and go back to port. The media will have a field day with it and the CDC will be like we told you so.  I’m sorry but I don’t want my vacation to be cut short because of all this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kearney said:

The Bahamas does not have a vaccination mandate... so...

If that is the case, then there is no problem. I was responding to another poster's comment that led me to believe The Bahamas still requires the vaccine to enter the country.

My comment still does stand in the event other countries just may require the Covid vaccine to enter their country. Then what will the cruise lines do? Not port there because of DeSantis' law?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kearney said:

I agree... I do not understand why people who are vaccinated are freaking out about non vaccinated. I just wish they would stay home.

I just wish the un-vaccinated would stay home. That would be safer for everyone on a cruise ship.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

Sort of on topic..  The State Dept does have a yellow vaccination card that is part of your passport if you are traveling to and or through certain counties that require a yellow fever vaccination.  I think if some countries started requiring the covid vaccination it would be included on that card.  But I don't believe (I maybe wrong) they would include it until the vaccination was fully approved. 

Sounds like a plan. I can wait for the FDA full approval. It will come and we all know that.

19 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

If the Bahamas (or any other foreign port for that matter) mandates the vaccine to enter their country, the cruise lines must require proof of vaccination. That is point I was trying to make.

I totally understand that.  The whole reply was to (by who/whomever) inserted that questions on RCCL complying logistically was then directed that such should 'ask DeSantis.  That's all.  It didn't belong there, was just another attempt to derail another thread, and that was the point I was trying to make.