Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

We booked Adventure out of Nassau due to knowing all adults would be vaccinated and shouldn’t have issues on the ship. Now other sailings are going to be starting from Florida with non vaccinated passengers.  I didn’t care since we would not book those sailings. Now I find out freedom will be in port at Nassau when we embarked and also in Coco Cay the same day as us.

This just sounds like a disaster!! 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

We booked Adventure out of Nassau due to knowing all adults would be vaccinated and shouldn’t have issues on the ship. Now other sailings are going to be starting from Florida with non vaccinated passengers.  I didn’t care since we would not book those sailings. Now I find out freedom will be in port at Nassau when we embarked and also in Coco Cay the same day as us.

This just sounds like a disaster!! 

Lol

you apparently dont understand the risk of daily life. Ridiculous... if you are vaccinated you have zero worries. Stop the madness. Vaccinated? Go back to your normal life. No other preventions needed. Follow science not the news.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 19

1 minute ago, rtazz17 said:

Lol

you apparently dont understand the risk of daily life. Ridiculous... if you are vaccinated you have zero worries. Stop the madness

You have zero idea of the risk factors affecting the poster. That too is madness.

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, broberts said:

You have zero idea of the risk factors affecting the poster. That too is madness.

If the OP is vaccinated then we 100% understand the risk factors.  There are multiple studies showing that vaccinated people have almost no risks associates with Covid 19.  It is highly unlikely they would get it, even if directly exposed.  If they did get it, they would almost certainly be assymptomatic, and if they did have symptoms, they would almost certainly be mild. They have a better chance of being struck by lightning than dying of Covid.

• Like 12

Lol I thought it was about other poor planning and communication.

I just read someone had multiple cruises cancelled and got multiple rcl emails, none of which said which cruises were cancelled  hahaha. She said she guesses rcl doesnt know some book multiple cruises. She cant figure out which emails belong to which bookings and rcl doesnt say. .. though some cruise is cancelled. I'm sure travel agents pulling out their hair.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Anyone with serious risk factors, that are not alleviated by the vax, should not be cruising.  There will be unvax'ed people all over the place.

• Like 12

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I’m not worried about catching Covid (already had it earlier this year). Also not worried about my family getting sick. Really not a health issue for me.

I am worried that unvaccinated people will be on the ship/coco cay and some will test positive during the cruise which will cause the cruise to immediately go back to port and vacation over. Royal states this on their website if a percentage test positive then they have to end the cruise. Many of use don’t want our vacation ended early….

Edited by CruisingHogFan
  • Like 12

2 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

If the OP is vaccinated then we 100% understand the risk factors.  There are multiple studies showing that vaccinated people have almost no risks associates with Covid 19.  It is highly unlikely they would get it, even if directly exposed.  If they did get it, they would almost certainly be assymptomatic, and if they did have symptoms, they would almost certainly be mild. They have a better chance of being struck by lightning than dying of Covid.

You are making an assumption which may not be valid.

1 hour ago, boatseller said:

Anyone with serious risk factors, that are not alleviated by the vax, should not be cruising.  There will be unvax'ed people all over the place.

I don't disagree, but I do wonder why their freedom doesn't matter while that of others holding a different viewpoint is paramount.

22 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

If you are on the vaccinated ship, why worry about this? Can you site even one example of mass spread among a vaccinated crowd. Data has actually shown exact opposite.

You may want to reread the post you quoted. There was no mention of an outbreak. Since no case threshold has been specified, the fear is that one or two cases may result in an interruption. With significant numbers of unvaccinated aboard there is a good chance of a few of them will board already infected and become symptomatic during the cruise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

How do you find our which dates other ships will be in the same port as Adventure?

Freedom is doing 3 and 4 day cruises out of Miami. The three day cruises impact all Adventure of the Seas cruises starting with the July 3 cruise. Fortunately it is only in Nassau and  the first CoCo Cay day. Nassau shouldn’t be a problem because freedom passengers will be disembarking and embarking like a normal port stop and not going through the same process as Adventure passengers.

Freedom and Adventure will be sharing CoCo Cay July 4 and every Sunday there after. 

I am slightly annoyed as the whole reason I’ve purchased an overpriced cruise and airfare was for low crowds. It’s only one day it it’s still annoying. Especially since it’s being shared by passengers on a 3 day cruise.

Wish I could have been on one of the first three adventure cruises. Those will all be fantastic and have the low crowds everyone else was expecting when they booked the Nassau cruises. On the flip side maybe some grand suite holders will cancel because of this and I can get my Royalup Upgrade.

Edited by wreckem2013
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Why is this bad planning to do what cruise ships have always done?

They have never been doing a homeport and a port stop at the same time on Nassau. That’s probably the only thing that can cause a problem on the first sailings this applies to.

CoCo Cay won’t be a problem and it’s only one of two days.

11 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I’m not worried about catching Covid (already had it earlier this year). Also not worried about my family getting sick. Really not a health issue for me.

I am worried that unvaccinated people will be on the ship/coco cay and some will test positive during the cruise which will cause the cruise to immediately go back to port and vacation over. Royal states this on their website if a percentage test positive then they have to end the cruise. Many of use don’t want our vacation ended early….

Exactly our fear too and I have been saying this for months, not sure why it is difficult for people to understand that.  

If I'm spending thousands on a cruise and everything that goes with me flying, hotel stays, etc I dont want it ruined because a bunch of unvaccinated people get covid.

I want to hear what the new protocols will be if this happens.  What % of sick passengers will require a ship to return to homeport early?

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Wait. People want vaccinated ships and vaccinated ports too? LOL... y'all be cray cray. 

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

If you are on the vaccinated ship, why worry about this? Can you site even one example of mass spread among a vaccinated crowd. Data has actually shown exact opposite.

If the ship has 10 to 20% of unvaccinated people on board a spread amongst them can happen and possibly force a 7 night cruise to become a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Do you want to take time off work, fly somewhere, pay for various transportation costs to a hotel, cruise terminal, etc get on a ship and bam an announcement is made there are x amount of people sick and we need to head back home.  

That would stink.

Exactly why royal should stick with their plan and do the 95% vaccinated cruises.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If the ship has 10 to 20% of unvaccinated people on board a spread amongst them can happen and possibly force a 7 night cruise to become a 3 or 4 night cruise.  Do you want to take time off work, fly somewhere, pay for various transportation costs to a hotel, cruise terminal, etc get on a ship and bam an announcement is made there are x amount of people sick and we need to head back home.  

That would stink.

Exactly why royal should stick with their plan and do the 95% vaccinated cruises.  

If you booked w/ Cruise with confidence.... you can cancel up to 2 days before the cruise and get your money back. So just wait until the chips fall and see where everything is at. 

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

If you booked w/ Cruise with confidence.... you can cancel up to 2 days before the cruise and get your money back. So just wait until the chips fall and see where everything is at. 

I have already had over 14 or 15 cruises since mar 2020.  I dont need anymore fccs.

No cash refund if you cancel 2 days before sailing.

I hope all the july sailings go smooth so I can get back on a ship soon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly our fear too and I have been saying this for months, not sure why it is difficult for people to understand that.  

If I'm spending thousands on a cruise and everything that goes with me flying, hotel stays, etc I dont want it ruined because a bunch of unvaccinated people get covid.

I want to hear what the new protocols will be if this happens.  What % of sick passengers will require a ship to return to homeport early?

I have no idea why you would book 14 to 15 cuises during a pandemic and then complain. That doesn't make sense. You booked these thing w/o any working knowlege or policy out by RCG. This is all on you and no one else. Accept t for what it is and move one. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, broberts said:

You are making an assumption which may not be valid.

Everything I stated is 100% fact based on studies of actual people who have received the vaccine and backed up be the CDC - I made no assumptions at all.  I will state it again, people who are vaccinated have nothing to fear from those who are not.

• Like 5