Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

13 hours ago, marlebone said:

There are, and will continue to be, unvaccinated people every where we go. So, I think many of us will continue with prevention methods and just get on with life.  

👍  💜

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

If you booked w/ Cruise with confidence.... you can cancel up to 2 days before the cruise and get your money back. So just wait until the chips fall and see where everything is at. 

You get a FCC not a refund . 

• Thanks 1

Apparently any ship that stops in the Bahamas has to be fully vaccinated.  Can’t remember which thread, but someone posted that the booking engine is indicating that, even for sailings not originating in Nassau.  Not sure why, unless the Bahamas will be announcing at some point that they are only accepting vaccinated tourists?  

So if that is the case, the only issue is the sad reality of more than one ship for one day.

14 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Lol

you apparently dont understand the risk of daily life. Ridiculous... if you are vaccinated you have zero worries. Stop the madness. Vaccinated? Go back to your normal life. No other preventions needed. Follow science not the news.

The science is that the vaccine does not prevent you from catching COVID. It prevents you from becoming seriously ill. So, if you are vaccinated at catch COVID from those with the mentality of not getting vaccinated, you may not even feel ill, but may fail your COVID test on Day 6 of the cruise and not be allowed back in the US (stranded in the Bahamas). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Apparently any ship that stops in the Bahamas has to be fully vaccinated.  Can’t remember which thread, but someone posted that the booking engine is indicating that, even for sailings not originating in Nassau.  Not sure why, unless the Bahamas will be announcing at some point that they are only accepting vaccinated tourists?  

So if that is the case, the only issue is the sad reality of more than one ship for one day.

The cruises out of Nassau starting next week are not fully vaccinated. There are extensive instructions on where and when unvaccinated people will be tested, the requirement to logon and report your health status daily, fulfilling the Bahama Day 5 retest, etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, BirdTravels said:

The cruises out of Nassau starting next week are not fully vaccinated. There are extensive instructions on where and when unvaccinated people will be tested, the requirement to logon and report your health status daily, fulfilling the Bahama Day 5 retest, etc. 

To clarify, fully vaccinated 16+/12+ depending on date, is my understanding.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Why is this bad planning to do what cruise ships have always done?

Mixing vaccinted passengers with un-vaccinated passengers in port is the poor planning the OP was referring to. I agree with the OP and find this type of planning to be a disaster waiting to happen.

Why assure passengers they will be on a 100% vaccinated ship only to mingle them with un-vaccinated passengers when they arrive in port. That just does not make any sense to me.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Wordell1 said:

If the OP is vaccinated then we 100% understand the risk factors.  There are multiple studies showing that vaccinated people have almost no risks associates with Covid 19.  It is highly unlikely they would get it, even if directly exposed.  If they did get it, they would almost certainly be assymptomatic, and if they did have symptoms, they would almost certainly be mild. They have a better chance of being struck by lightning than dying of Covid.

You might add the risk of a vaccinated person transmitting the virus to others is very LOW too. Being vaccinated is a win win, not only for the individual but for the good of the community.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So curious how tours / excursions will be handled… any updates on this?  At one point, they were saying you could only go on ship excursions. Is that still the case? I can’t imagine not being able to go shopping or take a cab to the beach…. I would think there’s still lots of risks for unvaccinated individuals and hopefully, they would take any necessary precautions to reduce their chance of getting covid.  

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

For the dozens of cruises sailing right now, can you please provide an example of this happening? 

This is why the poster started off with an ‘If...’.  Sort of introduces a hypothetical situation followed up with a personal opinion on the potential consequences.

Happens a lot on these boards.... much like some posters continually asking for references and non-existent examples.

• Like 3

Look if anyone is sailing between...what June 1 and Dec 1... there could be a hurricane and your cruise is cut short or has to miss multiple ports... things happen. I am too old to sit home ... particularly now that I am fully vaccinated and worry about what ifs.  The reason I prefer a vaccinated cruise...is a protocol that allows me to be normal without thinking about masking etc. The reason I would avoid the Royal ones with more unvaccinated... is my fear.. perhaps unrealistic..that there will be nervous Nellies...running around telling people to mask up and informing the waiter that the couple next to them has not replaced his mask between bites.

I head an interview with a doctor who said that it is good to have vaccinated and unvaccinated together... it helps protect the unvaccinated.... vs places like that recent game where vaccinated and unvaccinated were separated.

Once you are vaccinated..sit back and relax... very low risk of getting infected and if you do.. likely very slight illness vs without vaccine... and I believe they have made contingencies for if someone gets sick. If you are still worried that you will get sick from hanging around the unvaccinated... just remember... that plane you were on... the person you sat 2 inches away from for several hours... may not have been vaccinated... what if..

The ones at risk are the ones who are not vaccinated.... remember cruise lines have been sailing in other parts of the world without incident or at least without one big enough for the media to hype into full blown disaster

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

For the dozens of cruises sailing right now, can you please provide an example of this happening? 

Not sure what you are asking? A cruise having an outbreak to force ending early, or a cruise line not sticking to their original plan that passengers bought into?

8 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I have no idea why you would book 14 to 15 cuises during a pandemic and then complain. That doesn't make sense. You booked these thing w/o any working knowlege or policy out by RCG. This is all on you and no one else. Accept t for what it is and move one. 

NO, I had booked many of our cancelled cruises in 2019.    I did L & S on some of them including our Europe sailings for Baltic and Norway, some I took cash refunds, some we took FCC's.    We had booked a b2b for Vision sailings out of Bermuda for August as soon as that announcement came out and liked that everyone had to be vaccinated.     We are booked for a b2b on Grandeur out of Barbados next February, let's hope they don't change their mind and cancel that new homeport / itinerary.    Last fall we had booked 2 summer sailings on Freedom and 1 on oasis booked hoping we would be sailing sooner.

For now, no choice but to sit back and watch what happens on the first couple of sailings with unknown amount of unvaccinated passengers.   

19 minutes ago, kearney said:

Look if anyone is sailing between...what June 1 and Dec 1... there could be a hurricane and your cruise is cut short or has to miss multiple ports... things happen. I am too old to sit home ... particularly now that I am fully vaccinated and worry about what ifs.  The reason I prefer a vaccinated cruise...is a protocol that allows me to be normal without thinking about masking etc. The reason I would avoid the Royal ones with more unvaccinated... is my fear.. perhaps unrealistic..that there will be nervous Nellies...running around telling people to mask up and informing the waiter that the couple next to them has not replaced his mask between bites.

I head an interview with a doctor who said that it is good to have vaccinated and unvaccinated together... it helps protect the unvaccinated.... vs places like that recent game where vaccinated and unvaccinated were separated.

Once you are vaccinated..sit back and relax... very low risk of getting infected and if you do.. likely very slight illness vs without vaccine... and I believe they have made contingencies for if someone gets sick. If you are still worried that you will get sick from hanging around the unvaccinated... just remember... that plane you were on... the person you sat 2 inches away from for several hours... may not have been vaccinated... what if..

The ones at risk are the ones who are not vaccinated.... remember cruise lines have been sailing in other parts of the world without incident or at least without one big enough for the media to hype into full blown disaster

My big question is what % will the CDC require for a ship to return to home port if unvaccinated people have covid?      that is my fear, my vacation being cut short because a bunch of unvaccinated people get covid and CDC will require a ship to stop sailing and return home.    I am not afraid of getting covid, everyone in my house had covid this winter (except for me).   

We are fully vaccinated and ready to go but want to know before I go thru all the hoops of flying, hotels, transportation, etc. that royal will not reimburse me for if a cruise is cut short.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

None of the ships sailings are under the CDC rules.      other cruise lines such as MSC sailings out of Italy will drop off passengers at ports if they test positive while onboard, which is fine but they are operating under the CSO set by the CDC.  

22 hours ago, broberts said:

You have zero idea of the risk factors affecting the poster. That too is madness.

The OP is going to Nassau to get in a cruise ship. Now he/she is worried about coming into contact with unvaccinated people from another cruise ship. So there were no unvaccinated people at the airport, on the airplane, or in Nassau?

What madness are you seeing?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Wait. People want vaccinated ships and vaccinated ports too? LOL... y'all be cray cray. 

Agreed, the key to it all is, I'm vaxd, tested positive for Antigens...ain't worried about nuttin honey. And I have at least 3 co-morbidities.  That didn't cause any problems for me back in December when I was exposed.  I only had one symptom and it wasn't even a biggie (I won't mention it...TMI).  I just want to see in writing just what the new protocols are going to be. Whether Florida will back down on the law suite and not allowing RCCL to get vaccination info. And the all important procedure if someone does get sick.  I'm betting on nothing happening except those peeps leaving the cruise.  Not the whole ship coming back early.  I'm just happy my cruise is on the green light list.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I’m not worried about catching Covid (already had it earlier this year). Also not worried about my family getting sick. Really not a health issue for me.

I am worried that unvaccinated people will be on the ship/coco cay and some will test positive during the cruise which will cause the cruise to immediately go back to port and vacation over. Royal states this on their website if a percentage test positive then they have to end the cruise. Many of use don’t want our vacation ended early….

That is a completely different, and logical, concern than how your initial post came across.

• Like 1

We should all stop living in fear. If you are vaccinated you will be OK. You will be outdoors, in the sun and fresh air, which is THE BEST for your health and immune system. Go and HAVE FUN!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

If you booked w/ Cruise with confidence.... you can cancel up to 2 days before the cruise and get your money back. So just wait until the chips fall and see where everything is at. 

I thought it was an FCC and not a refund?

21 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Maybe I should have worded my post better. I’m not worried about catching Covid (already had it earlier this year). Also not worried about my family getting sick. Really not a health issue for me.

I am worried that unvaccinated people will be on the ship/coco cay and some will test positive during the cruise which will cause the cruise to immediately go back to port and vacation over. Royal states this on their website if a percentage test positive then they have to end the cruise. Many of use don’t want our vacation ended early….

There is something we are all forgetting. The CDC has guidance and in that guidance they state if you are vaccinated you do not need to quarantine even if you have come in contact with a covid positive person. Only those who are not vaccinated would need to. That was the last I have read, unless they updated it further. I believe a large % on the ship will have been vaccinated so I don't think it will be an issue. Just think, cruising has gone on for months in Europe, without a problem. The unknown and what ifs are scary, but we will get though it. I think if the cruiselines would just come out with their protocols, we would all feel better. I cruise in 34 days and have no idea what is required of me.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

So how does RCI reconcile the Bahamian vaccination mandate with Florida's mandate to not allow proof of vaccination to be required?

• Like 1