Horrible planning and decision making by Royal

4 minutes ago, aquasea said:

If you go, for instance, to Royal they now have this:

You’re taken care of

Book a Royal Caribbean International cruise that’s sailing on or before October 31, 2021 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge.

COVID-19 Assistance*

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.

•If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Travelling Party.

*Last modified April 30, 2021. Subject to change. “Travelling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and travelling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon compliance with the RCG COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise. Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details.

I have read that before. I am not concerned about me testing positive. My concern is what happens (to me) if too many other people test positive.

10 hours ago, wreckem2013 said:

I am slightly annoyed as the whole reason I’ve purchased an overpriced cruise and airfare was for low crowds. It’s only one day it it’s still annoying. Especially since it’s being shared by passengers on a 3 day cruise.

Wish I could have been on one of the first three adventure cruises. Those will all be fantastic and have the low crowds everyone else was expecting when they booked the Nassau cruises. On the flip side maybe some grand suite holders will cancel because of this and I can get my Royalup Upgrade.

What is the issue with “passengers on a 3 day cruise”?  If nothing else, they are more likely to be local, with a lower chance of the unvaccinated being exposed during travel to the embarkation port.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have read that before. I am not concerned about me testing positive. My concern is what happens (to me) if too many other people test positive.

If you really are worried about the very very small likelihood that a significant number of people will come down with Covid when I high percentage of the ship is vaccinated.. do not go and I suggest you take the money and invest in lottery tickets... because the odds are probably better that you will win powerball.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

If you really are worried about the very very small likelihood that a significant number of people will come down with Covid when I high percentage of the ship is vaccinated.. do not go and I suggest you take the money and invest in lottery tickets... because the odds are probably better that you will win powerball.

Define significant please. Feel free to leave the snark out of your answer.

40 minutes ago, aquasea said:

There is something we are all forgetting. The CDC has guidance and in that guidance they state if you are vaccinated you do not need to quarantine even if you have come in contact with a covid positive person. Only those who are not vaccinated would need to. That was the last I have read, unless they updated it further. I believe a large % on the ship will have been vaccinated so I don't think it will be an issue. Just think, cruising has gone on for months in Europe, without a problem. The unknown and what ifs are scary, but we will get though it. I think if the cruiselines would just come out with their protocols, we would all feel better. I cruise in 34 days and have no idea what is required of me.

37 minutes ago, broberts said:

Can you produce any actual data to substantiate this claim? 

I believe if one wants to challenge an assertion they should be the one to provide the contradicting evidence.  

"Without a problem" by the OP would suggest without an 'outbreak event causing drastic results (aka Princess in February of 2020).

I have not read about such, but if you have and can provide the link  I'd sure like to see the details.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, broberts said:

And we would know about these drop offs because the cruise lines are so forthcoming with negative news. 🙄

Covid events, except the origination of the 100-year pandemic, are sought after fear news makers for the established, unestablished press, as well as governmental required oversight in these other countries.

35 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

That’s a conspiracy theory if I ever heard one. Quick call the NY Post, cruise ships quietly dumping Covid patients all across Europe.

Yep.

34 minutes ago, aquasea said:

Yes, follow many youtubers who are in UK and Germany and they have been cruising all year. The Very Unofficial Travel Guides with Morgan, he is from Hamburg and has videos of his Mein Schiff and Mein Shiff 2  and also Aida cruises he has taken all this year. Also, Emmacruises and there are a few more! No problems.

Nice facts.  Thanks.

MSC's Grandiosa's has been sailing since August 2020 with a few interruptions for consideration of the land virus statistics at peaks.

6 minutes ago, kearney said:

Define "too many"

43 minutes ago, kearney said:

I agree that they have not been clear on what their procedures will be. the CDC guidance..is confusing to me... I would like to see the various cruise lines layout what happens. It may be a function of how many are sick. Likely they will be isolated along with anyone who was in contact with them...  Actually this happened to us with DH got Norovirus... and then a few days later.. I got it... A recent Royal ship had a few crew who tested positive... they were removed from the ship and it sailed on... now it did not visit ports like a regular cruise ship... and I am not sure the crew members were actually ill.

I purchased travel insurance and it does include coverage for Covid related issues. Now if I recall the Cruise with confidence has some Covid coverage of some sort.. can't recall if it was Celebrity or Royal or both... you might check the website .. I will see if I can find it..... here is some info... not complete..but helpful https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/royal-promise

You seem to have the same questions and concerns that I do so what are we arguing about?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

You seem to have the same questions and concerns that I do so what are we arguing about?

Good question... I may have misinterpreted one of your posts. Bottom line... I think the risks are minimal... I have insurance should trip get messed up... I cruise during the height of hurricane season (not a plan..but it seems prices are better)... trip have been perhaps more exciting than I wanted at times... but go with the flow. If people are worried do not go.... I would prefer vaccinated cruises in the beginning... more because of mixed or confusing protocols. We take risks every day and after a year trapped at home... I want to go someplace... even if it is Coco Cay...not my dream port of call.. I burn just thinking of the beach. Anyway...sorry if things got out of hand... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Nice facts.  Thanks.

MSC's Grandiosa's has been sailing since August 2020 with a few interruptions for consideration of the land virus statistics at peaks.

Look it up. Do your own research. Then you would know the facts. These ships have been sailing all year!

25 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

I believe if one wants to challenge an assertion they should be the one to provide the contradicting evidence.  

"Without a problem" by the OP would suggest without an 'outbreak event causing drastic results (aka Princess in February of 2020).

I have not read about such, but if you have and can provide the link  I'd sure like to see the details.

Look up Main Schiff, Mein Schiff 2, and Aida. MSC Virtuosa has been going from UK now, also, the newest one. You can look up yourutbe videos and vloggers about it. None have had an outbreak. I wish everyone would quit it with the March 2020 stuff. We are 16 MONTHS beyond that.

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would prefer to hear that from Mr. Fain or Mr. Beylay than from you.

You’re taken care of

Book a Royal Caribbean International cruise that’s sailing on or before October 31, 2021 and you’ll have the following reassurance at no extra charge.

COVID-19 Assistance*

• 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal.

• Pro-rated cruise fare refund for anyone who has their cruise cut short due to testing positive for COVID-19 or being suspected of having COVID-19 during the cruise.

•If you test positive for COVID-19 during the cruise, Royal Caribbean will cover the costs of COVID-19 related medical treatment onboard, any required land-based quarantine, and travel home for you and your Travelling Party.

*Last modified April 30, 2021. Subject to change. “Travelling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and travelling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise. Conditioned upon compliance with the RCG COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in effect at the time of the cruise. Additional terms and conditions apply. See our COVID-19 Refund and Cancellations Policy and your Cruise Ticket Contract for details.

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If you read it, it states they will take care of the POSITIVE cases.

The CDC Guidance says you do NOT need to quarantine if you have come in contact with a covid + person and you are vaccinated. That is their own guidance. It would not change on sea.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

so you are okay with a cruise possibly being cut short because a % of unvaccinated passengers get or have covid onboard?    that is our concern, not catching covid, but being sent back home after paying all the money to get on the ship (flights, transportation, hotel, etc)  and have only 3 or 4 days on a ship that was supposed to be 7 or 14 days. 

Pretty much, that's the chance cruisers take every cruise w/ noro, and the hurricane season in the Caribbean.  

• Like 3

Worth reminding people that even the Diamond princess only had 712 positive cases (more than half of them asymptomatic) out of 3700 people at a time when testing was very unreliable and no one knew how to treat covid and there was no existing immunity yet or pre-cruise testing.

Despite all that, only 19% of those on board tested positive.

Meanwhile the CDC estimates 28-40%  of Americans got covid.

So why should you get the vaccine if you have had Covid and have the anitbodies?  Have not seen that addressed yet.  I can understand, to some extent, why people are getting a vaccine but when you look at the CDC website their standard for new vaccines is as follows: 

How long did it take to test the Corona vaccine?  Someone mentioned the Polio vaccine in the context of that putting you in a bubble to keep you safe I assure.  How many polio vaccines did you have to take to keep you safe?  Now we are suppose to put drugs into our bodies...how many times....and then still be able to give it, get it, or who knows what.  Then all you paranoid people are afraid of being around someone who has not been vaccinated.  Maybe I got Covid from you.  And then we get the CDC says you should do this or that and yet the CDC has no clue most of the time what to do because they change their mind from one minute to the next.  And the wonderful Dr. Fauci has now been proven to have lied about Covid.  And yet we are suppose to be lemmings and just follow along.  If you don't want to sail with un-vaccinated people then cancel your cruise.  If you don't care have a great time.  I am hoping with the current regulations when we go in November there will be people cancelling because there might be people un-vaccinated on board.  More bumper car and iFly time for us.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Worth reminding people that even the Diamond princess only had 712 positive cases (more than half of them asymptomatic) out of 3700 people at a time when testing was very unreliable and no one knew how to treat covid and there was no existing immunity yet or pre-cruise testing.

Despite all that, only 19% of those on board tested positive.

Meanwhile the CDC estimates 28-40%  of Americans got covid.

Good points.  I have no dog in the hunt because we will not cruise until I feel comfortable with the protocols that may or may not be in place.  However, it seems that people think that an unvaccinated person will have covid the exact week they cruise.  It may happen but then again it may not.  As an example in the last year+ in my county of 170,000 not even 20,000 people have tested positive.  That is only 11% of the population that has had a positive test or 150,000 have not had covid.  That includes all the months that vaccines were not available.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aquasea said:

The CDC Guidance says you do NOT need to quarantine if you have come in contact with a covid + person and you are vaccinated. That is their own guidance. It would not change on sea.

I hope you are correct. It, however, seems that the CDC has treated the cruise industry differently than land based industry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

So on one hand you are saying that vaccinated passengers should not mix with unvaccinated and on the other hand you are saying that it shouldn't be a problem.🤔

Confusing, right? I'm confusing myself. LOL.

21 minutes ago, aquasea said:

Look up Main Schiff, Mein Schiff 2, and Aida. MSC Virtuosa has been going from UK now, also, the newest one. You can look up yourutbe videos and vloggers about it. None have had an outbreak. I wish everyone would quit it with the March 2020 stuff. We are 16 MONTHS beyond that.

I was supporting you.  😉