Luminae

judatt

Since we only occasionally sail in suites, I prefer to eat in Luminae and leave the specialty restaurants for when we are not in a suite.  I love the food and service in Luminae.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you are sailing on an Edge class ship, you also have the option of having lunch on the pool deck instead of Luminae. Not a lot of choices, but tasty and you can keep your bathing attire on.

16 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

We usually eat dinner in Luminae. Once or twice in a specialty restaurant or wine dinner... Used to love Qsine; did Petit Chef once. Great fun, simple food. Tuscan Grille is A LOT of food. Browse the menu at Luminae when it's posted, usually an hour or so after the previous meal ends. (Either HAL or X also has the menus on your TV.) Any commonalities you see between the food in Luminae and the MDR, you are getting the MDR meal, as explained to us by the luminae maitre d'. So if you made friends not in a suite, and you want the Beef Wellington, might as well join them in the MDR (other than some menu items, formal night is not any different in Luminae). We have breakfast via room service (extended menu and free mimosas!) and lunch either ashore or random grazing in the buffet/pool grill/spa lunch. Easier not to have to change out of a swimsuit, etc. The key thing about Luminae is the fabulous service. No waiting, very attentive, no errors; they immediately know your name, preferred drinks, etc. (Once upon a time when we first started cruising, ALL meal service was like that...) In any case: enjoy!!!

We did Petit Chef on our last cruise, loved the show will do it again, I like Tuscan just for the antipasto other than that we will do dinners in Luminae, wonder if we can get butler to get us the antipasto we are in a royal suite on summit,next month.

21 hours ago, judatt said:

We've been in suites before but not on a ship with Luminae and not on  ship without an assigned dining time and place.  So, my question is do people eat all their meals in Luminae, or do you pick a specialty restaurant or two for a little variety?  Thanks.

It's a matter of preference, you can also order from the main dinning room menu in Luminae if you do not like what is on the Luminae menu. On the S class ships we usually eat at least once in Murano, and maybe Tuscan Grill, on The Silhouette we love the Lawn Club Grill as well.

Enjoy!

21 hours ago, Denny01 said:

What are the expected dining times in Luminae for breakfast, lunch at sea and dinner? I assume you just step in and they seat you as you show up. 

Den

Breakfast is usually 8:00 to 9:30 on sea days and 7:30 to 9:00 on port days.  Lunch on sea days is noon to 1:30.  First day it opens earlier.  Dinner is 5:45 to 9:30.  This is according the the Celebrity App for our October cruise on Edge.

35 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Breakfast is usually 8:00 to 9:30 on sea days and 7:30 to 9:00 on port days.  Lunch on sea days is noon to 1:30.  First day it opens earlier.  Dinner is 5:45 to 9:30.  This is according the the Celebrity App for our October cruise on Edge.

Do the same hours apply for breakfast in your room?  I’ve never sailed in a suite with Celebrity before, but our friend did and she said her butler brought her breakfast every day.

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

That's correct.

19 hours ago, sunpsyche said:

Luminae hours:

Breakfast 7:30-9:00

Lunch 12:00-1:30 (non port days only)

Dinner 5:45-9::30

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Thank you guys….I know I have just a bit of time for a Retreat cruise, but it’s fun planning!

den

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Do the same hours apply for breakfast in your room?  I’ve never sailed in a suite with Celebrity before, but our friend did and she said her butler brought her breakfast every day.

I'm pretty sure they do. We don't usually have a full breakfast and just call the Butler when we're ready for coffee fruit cereal and of course Danish from Luminae. 

18 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We are on a 7 day cruise….if we chose one specialty restaurant, which would it be?

thanks

sheila

For us - Murano!

The Murano lobster is on our “must do” list every cruise, but the Dover sole and steak for two are also excellent. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We’ll more than likely want omelettes, fresh fruit and coffee. 

That will be no problem.

We have breakfast every morning of the cruise on our verandah and order basically the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Love everything you just mentioned! None of these are available in Luminae??

sheila

Those items are exclusive to Murano. Many dishes are prepared table side. Dining in Murano is an “event”. 😊

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

That will be no problem.

We have breakfast every morning of the cruise on our verandah and order basically the same thing.

Great, thanks!  Are the omelets still warm when they arrive?  Do you have to get it between 8-9:30 or is the time a bit more flexible than dining in Luminae?

Just now, C-Dragons said:

Those items are exclusive to Murano. Many dishes are prepared table side. Dining in Murano is an “event”. 😊

Problem is Murano is not on any of the millennium class ships, I didn’t care that much for my one visit but wife loved it , this was a long time ago.

2 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Great, thanks!  Are the omelets still warm when they arrive?  Do you have to get it between 8-9:30 or is the time a bit more flexible than dining in Luminae?

Yes, the omelets are still warm. 😊

We normally ask for delivery around 8:00 AM when at sea, earlier if we have a shore excursion.

IF it goes ahead and IF we are able to board, we have our first Royal Suite sailing this July. Our plan is mostly to have Luminae breakfast in the room, lunch at the Porch/Sushi on 5/Lawn Club Grill and dinner in Murano/Tuscan/Luminae.

We love Sushi on Five and Murano.  Tuscan used to be a firm favorite as well but we clearly made a mistake in wishing they would update their menus because when they did some of our real favorites disappeared from the Tuscan menu (steak tartare, beef carpaccio, tuscan onion soup) so Tuscan has become a less favoured choice for us.  Adore the dover sole and chateaubriand in Murano.

• Like 4

We only occasionally can afford suites, so we generally will stay in Luminae the entire trip.  That said, we are not all that fond of the Luminae menu, so we often order of the MDR menu while eating in Luminae.  We are more Midwest USA  "meat and potatoes" folks, and prefer more simple food.   But DH loves their bread selection (much better than Blu, where we usually eat), and the service is a step up as well, as is the spacing of tables.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Since my husband likes hot food served hot and not lukewarm it has been a number of years since we had a butler bring a full breakfast.  We never had much luck with hot foods being much warmer than lukewarm.  Possibly the situation has improved.  We just stick to hot tea, juice and croissants.

When we are in a suite we generally dine in Luminae for breakfast and lunch (on sea days).  The evening meals are a mixture of specialty and Luminae.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Since my husband likes hot food served hot and not lukewarm it has been a number of years since we had a butler bring a full breakfast.  We never had much luck with hot foods being much warmer than lukewarm.  Possibly the situation has improved.  We just stick to hot tea, juice and croissants.

This is why we don't have a full breakfast in our suite, even in the PH suite it is not hot. Maybe since our next cruise on Edge is next to Luminae we can get hot food served for breakfast. 

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This is why we don't have a full breakfast in our suite, even in the PH suite it is not hot. Maybe since our next cruise on Edge is next to Luminae we can get hot food served for breakfast. 

My husband is generally not a picky person but he is picky about this.  He wants food which should be hot to be served hot.  And I agree with him -- lukewarm eggs are just not appealing.  We never had much success so now limit our breakfast items served in the suite to be hot tea, juice and so forth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We have ordered breakfast as early as 6 am. You need to specify a window, say 6-6:30. It is almost always delivered at the earliest time by your butler. Food temperature can vary. We’ve yet to have it unacceptable. 

Edited by sunpsyche

3 hours ago, talljules1 said:

IF it goes ahead and IF we are able to board, we have our first Royal Suite sailing this July. Our plan is mostly to have Luminae breakfast in the room, lunch at the Porch/Sushi on 5/Lawn Club Grill and dinner in Murano/Tuscan/Luminae.

We love Sushi on Five and Murano.  Tuscan used to be a firm favorite as well but we clearly made a mistake in wishing they would update their menus because when they did some of our real favorites disappeared from the Tuscan menu (steak tartare, beef carpaccio, tuscan onion soup) so Tuscan has become a less favoured choice for us.  Adore the dover sole and chateaubriand in Murano.

Room service comes from MDR, not Luminae in most cases.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

If you are sailing on an Edge class ship, you also have the option of having lunch on the pool deck instead of Luminae. Not a lot of choices, but tasty and you can keep your bathing attire on.

We did that on Summit and it was very nice for a change.

• Thanks 1