Coco Beach Club

47 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

You can Google the menu if you want really specific info, or there are some YT videos on it.  It’s more specialty dining quality, from what I can tell.  I believe the complimentary dining is more hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ, etc, although I may have missed it if there are other options.  

Thanks for the non-answer.

I've been on Barefoot Beach on Labadee several times and what I have heard and seen on videos are no where near what we have experienced for their upscale menus.

I thought I could get more recent info here.

21 hours ago, Wilson said:

Only if it's under $70 per person would we consider it. Currently $161 pp for our next sailing. HELL no!

We paid 99 pp.  IMO well worth it!  The lack of crowds- comfortable seating and better lunch- worth it for us!  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 7:16 PM, sixbirches said:

Here’s my 2 cents....we were Brand new to Coco Key, so we tried it out back in March, 2020 — the last Anthem of the Seas cruise before shut down.  
I always need shade— not a sun lover, but I love the beach. 

And we booked at a nice price.
We got there early and got two awesome loungers with an umbrella, with premium towels,  right on the water. I was thrilled. Lunch was amazing! Clean bathrooms, excellent service. I would go back in a minute, and hope to as long as my next cruise actually sails...

We are booked with Beach Club (pass only).  The key on CoCo Cay is to "get there first".  Get off the ship as early as possible and get to the spot you want.  Even at the Club.  We are targeting the round beds by the restrooms on the infinity pool.  We always get the spots we want, either at the ice shows or on island by getting there early and gettin 'er done.  There should be no problem getting shady spots if you make the extra effort.  Can't wait.  Did you see the special on returning to cruising this morning on Fox?  They are actually on Celebrity Millinium.  He had to mask up to check in, they scanned his vax card and he boarded, didn't seem untoward at all.

22 hours ago, Wilson said:

Only if it's under $70 per person would we consider it. Currently $161 pp for our next sailing. HELL no!

How about $77?  That's what we payed.  Watch for the drop everyday.  I'm sure it will.  Our current Allure Sept. has gone up and down for months.  Right now it's $93.  Definitely worth the $77 for the better menu and non-crowded feel.

58 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

We are booked with Beach Club (pass only).  The key on CoCo Cay is to "get there first".  Get off the ship as early as possible and get to the spot you want.  Even at the Club.  We are targeting the round beds by the restrooms on the infinity pool.  

Exactly where we want to sit.  Those look amazing but there doesn’t appear to be too many.  We arrive at 8 and plan to be off the ship soon after.  We’ll wait and have our coffee (with Bailey) when we’re situated.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

We are booked with Beach Club (pass only).  The key on CoCo Cay is to "get there first".  Get off the ship as early as possible and get to the spot you want.  

Is it a long walk from the ship to get to the Beach Club?  I hear there is a tram that takes you there, is it best to take the tram or walk in order to get there quickly? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What is included in the upscale lunch that would be different from the buffet offered?

I don’t remember everything on the menu, but we had a filet that was good as what they serve in Chops. I think I remember shrimp cocktail in the buffet. Everything was excellent.
I’m sure things could be different now. Who knows if there will be a buffet at all? Everything is so up in the air at this point. 
I would assume the meal will still be better than average food. But I don’t really know — just basing my guess on our past experience there.

21 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

I don’t remember everything on the menu, but we had a filet that was good as what they serve in Chops. I think I remember shrimp cocktail in the buffet. Everything was excellent.
I’m sure things could be different now. Who knows if there will be a buffet at all? Everything is so up in the air at this point. 
I would assume the meal will still be better than average food. But I don’t really know — just basing my guess on our past experience there.

Although I’m not a lobster lover, it is on the menu.  I also like the idea of being served instead of buffet style. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cutigerlady said:

I booked this for $38.99 per person during one of the massive sales to infuse cash to RCL. I’m pretty sure my boys can eat that much food to make it worth it! 

Woohoo !  Great price.  I thought we were doing good at $53.99 PP for Mariner, 9-13-21.  We have over-the-water cabana booked for the following cruise (9-17-21) for $1199.  Probably will never do the OTW cabana again but will take advantage of this relatively good price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Is it a long walk from the ship to get to the Beach Club?  I hear there is a tram that takes you there, is it best to take the tram or walk in order to get there quickly? 

We took the tram. It got us there quickly. It was also a good way to see other parts of the island, and It would have been a hot walk from the pier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sixbirches said:

We took the tram. It got us there quickly. It was also a good way to see other parts of the island, and It would have been a hot walk from the pier.

Did you take both trams (one from the ship and one from island)?  I don’t remember how far it is from island entrance. 

3 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Did you take both trams (one from the ship and one from island)?  I don’t remember how far it is from island entrance. 

We only took the one around the island at the coco cay entrance. I don’t remember how far it was to walk from the ship, but I don’t remember it being a long walk. 

I completely went crazy and booked a Beach Club cabana for our January Freedom cruise. We've lost our much anticipated British Isles cruise this summer, so I splurged on the cabana. We won't have to get up early to get a good spot, we will have our own dining area with a cabana attendant, and I for one am looking forward to the lobster tail. 

The cost is relative to what you are looking for and what you are willing to pay for it. I could have been even crazier and booked the over the water cabana, but that seems excessive for our family of 3.

• Like 1

We have ten of us going in November so we booked a Beach Club cabana.  With the entrance price alone hovering at between $105 and $150, it was a good deal.  It includes 8 and we can add the 2 additional at $50/person.  And we're guaranteed a spot so no one has to get up at the crack of dawn to secure out spots.  LOL.

For our previous cruise, one that was canceled, it was only $39 for entrance fee and I've not seen anything near that in forever.  Kind of like with the drink packages.  

I'm traveling solo on the June 26 Adventure sailing and I believe our little boat has the whole island to ourselves, so I'm figuring I won't rush to reserve anything.  I've booked the Beach Club for the first day just to see if I like it, but I think I'll only spend half the day there.  Might hit the water park if the weather is good. If the Beach Club is super awesome I could try to book day 2 on the ship but it sounds excessive given that all the rest of the island will be so sparsely populated.

I sympathize with those of you with a spouse and kids - all these choices make a huge financial difference.  Going by myself the cash differential from one choice to another on shore excursions is not a serious factor.  When my wife comes along on a cruise, I actually save money by booking expensive shore excursions that are far away from jewelry shops!

• Haha 1

I’m bummed, I booked the beach club for $79 for my July 2nd Navigator cruise.  It’s now on Freedom of the Seas, so they are refunding my $79.   If I want to re-book it’s Now $188.  😏.  Have to really think how much I want this!! 

1 minute ago, linga said:

I’m bummed, I booked the beach club for $79 for my July 2nd Navigator cruise.  It’s now on Freedom of the Seas, so they are refunding my $79.   If I want to re-book it’s Now $188.  😏.  Have to really think how much I want this!! 

That really sucks, It would be understandable if you were all of a sudden going on one of the three days that shares the island with Adventure but you are on one of the four days that won't.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, BecciBoo said:

I got it wrong, we paid:

Coco Beach Club Full Day Pass A
07:30 AM

Total Cost: 117.98 USD

Guaranteed Language: English

GUEST NAME

PAYMENT

FORM OF PAYMENT

58.99 USD

58.99 USD

Wow what a bargain!!!  Lucky you!  But IMO so worth it- even if you have to pay more.