Coco Beach Club

Looking for plus & minus for spending the extra money for 3 people on Coco Cay. I can’t sit in the sun so I am thinking by

paying to go to this beach club I should at least have a seat & some shade? Love to hear anyone else’s experience buying this 

excursion.

• Like 1

I have not yet been, but done a fair amount of research.  I agree with Biker that you shouldn’t need to book the club if your primary goal is a shady lounge.  Lots of complimentary options for that.

If you are interested in the upgraded meals, then that would be a consideration.

• Like 2

Here’s my 2 cents....we were Brand new to Coco Key, so we tried it out back in March, 2020 — the last Anthem of the Seas cruise before shut down.  
I always need shade— not a sun lover, but I love the beach. 

And we booked at a nice price.
We got there early and got two awesome loungers with an umbrella, with premium towels,  right on the water. I was thrilled. Lunch was amazing! Clean bathrooms, excellent service. I would go back in a minute, and hope to as long as my next cruise actually sails...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sixbirches said:

Here’s my 2 cents....we were Brand new to Coco Key, so we tried it out back in March, 2020 — the last Anthem of the Seas cruise before shut down.  

We got there early and got two awesome loungers with an umbrella, with premium towels,  right on the water. I was thrilled. Lunch was amazing! Clean bathrooms, excellent service. I would go back in a minute, and hope to as long as my next cruise actually sails...

Glad to hear you enjoyed. We have the Beach Club booked for both legs of our B2B on the Oasis October 2021. Just hoping the cruises will sail to take advantage of it. Did you use the pool, was hoping it would be warmer then the main pool which every time we were there it was quite cold. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Glad to hear you enjoyed. We have the Beach Club booked for both legs of our B2B on the Oasis October 2021. Just hoping the cruises will sail to take advantage of it. Did you use the pool, was hoping it would be warmer then the main pool which every time we were there it was quite cold. 

We only used the beach/sand area, so I’m not sure about the temperature of the pool. I do remember that it was a nice spot and wasn’t overly crowded. 
Comparing the Beach Club to other excursions in the Bahamas, I would definitely say it was very nice and worth the extra cost. It was a really nice beach day and certainly better than anything we’ve done in the Nassau area .

9 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It's $188 for mine right now, and listed as a "pre cruise deal"

LoL

That is freaking ridiculous! I would not pay that for 2 people.

We didn’t pay anywhere close to this. I don’t remember exactly, but it was somewhere around $60-70 a person when we went.
This unfortunately is another money grabbing price from RC. Too bad, because it is a very nice spot to spend the day.

I went down the rabbit hole for my cancelled cruise. Decided to splurge on beach club for three of us, and then decided I was already paying $300, I may as well splurge some more and try an over the water cabana, since I could apply the $300 instead to the excessive price of the Cabana. It was a post-Covid splurge, that sadly won't happen yet because our sailing was postponed, but plan on doing the same. 

It's like anything else, sometimes you pay way too much money to make something special, but if you end up not liking it you at least tried it. 

Edited by tcrandal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

LoL

That is freaking ridiculous! I would not pay that for 2 people.

When they announced Freedoms 3 and 4 day sailings they jacked up the price above the non discounted price for beach club and thrill park by 50%. Then have the audacity to call I t  a precruise discount. 

52 minutes ago, wreckem2013 said:

When they announced Freedoms 3 and 4 day sailings they jacked up the price above the non discounted price for beach club and thrill park by 50%. Then have the audacity to call I t  a precruise discount. 

SMH

1 hour ago, wreckem2013 said:

It was already high for the adventure cruises so I don't think they had to jack it up all that much considering that freedom is going to be there at the same time as Adventure. 

We’re on Adventure on June 19 and booked CocoaCay Beach Club over a month ago and paid $107.  The price now is $170.  On my last cruise around 18 months ago, it was priced at $80 but we just sat by the free pool and ate at the buffet.  We’ll see what CocoaCay is like in  2 weeks and decide if we’ll pay for it again on our next visit.

1 hour ago, sellwingri said:

We’re on Adventure on June 19 and booked CocoaCay Beach Club over a month ago and paid $107.  The price now is $170.  On my last cruise around 18 months ago, it was priced at $80 but we just sat by the free pool and ate at the buffet.  We’ll see what CocoaCay is like in  2 weeks and decide if we’ll pay for it again on our next visit.

But doesn't that price have to do with capacity limits of the beach club?  I mean it is a finite area right?  The whole supply and demand, since June 19th is before Freedom starts cruising? 

Our group of 4 paid about the same as you for our August cruise well before they announced the Freedom cruises and I haven't even looked at any of the prices this weekend.   Really glad I booked my jet skis back then as well now that we are sharing Coco Kay with Freedom. 

1 hour ago, mauraoel said:

But doesn't that price have to do with capacity limits of the beach club?  I mean it is a finite area right?  The whole supply and demand, since June 19th is before Freedom starts cruising? 

Our group of 4 paid about the same as you for our August cruise well before they announced the Freedom cruises and I haven't even looked at any of the prices this weekend.   Really glad I booked my jet skis back then as well now that we are sharing Coco Kay with Freedom. 

That’s what they say but the Adventure cruises out of Nassau are not sailing at capacity and we’re there for 2 days.  I can’t imagine it’s close to being sold out. 

Just now, sellwingri said:

That’s what they say but the Adventure cruises out of Nassau are not sailing at capacity and we’re there for 2 days.  I can’t imagine it’s close to being sold out. 

I was only able to chose one day, the other wasn't available... We actually wanted the other day.

22 hours ago, sixbirches said:

Were you the only ship in port that day?

We're on Adventure soon, sailing with reduced capacity and the only ship there.   I am trying to find an excuse NOT to get there early, and sleep in like I love to do on vacation. 

32 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Were you the only ship in port that day?

We're on Adventure soon, sailing with reduced capacity and the only ship there.   I am trying to find an excuse NOT to get there early, and sleep in like I love to do on vacation. 

Yes, we were the only ship in port, but Anthem is a big ship, so got there early. I like to sleep too, but it was worth it to get a great front row  spot on the beach. 😎

46 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Yes, we were the only ship in port, but Anthem is a big ship, so got there early. I like to sleep too, but it was worth it to get a great front row  spot on the beach. 😎

Yeah that's what I'm thinking I'll likely do too.

7 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

What is included in the upscale lunch that would be different from the buffet offered?

You can Google the menu if you want really specific info, or there are some YT videos on it.  It’s more specialty dining quality, from what I can tell.  I believe the complimentary dining is more hamburgers, hot dogs, BBQ, etc, although I may have missed it if there are other options.