Web Check-In Website Issues

kilkoyne

On 7/17/2021 at 8:00 PM, deliver42 said:

I, also did an easy check in , including pics.

Question: I received the email re: web check in, put in all of the information and am listed as "done" - but I have not had any requests for photos. I see a number of folks on this thread referring to "uploading photos" - when and where are you asked to do this? If it helps we are on the Davina on Sept 26th

Thanks!

It was part of the check in process. It showed a shadowed area near the end of the check in. One for me, and one for my wife. unlike Royal, who wants a white back round, MSC's takes anything. Just a head shot.

On 7/19/2021 at 5:46 PM, deliver42 said:

It was part of the check in process. It showed a shadowed area near the end of the check in. One for me, and one for my wife. unlike Royal, who wants a white back round, MSC's takes anything. Just a head shot.

I just re-reviewed the check-in - I see generic face outlines with our passenger information but no area to upload photo. Perhaps when we get closer to our sail date?

I'm pretty computer-savvy, but have to admit I'm stumped - not stumped enough to try and call the MSC info line though. After a 12 hour shift, battling being on-hold forever is not how I want to spend my night! 🙂

Thanks - Amy

On 7/20/2021 at 5:01 PM, amygutman said:

I just re-reviewed the check-in - I see generic face outlines with our passenger information but no area to upload photo. Perhaps when we get closer to our sail date?

I'm pretty computer-savvy, but have to admit I'm stumped - not stumped enough to try and call the MSC info line though. After a 12 hour shift, battling being on-hold forever is not how I want to spend my night! 🙂

Thanks - Amy

I can't remember exactly but did you try to click on the face outline? Seems to me that's how I did it but this was back in May so not positive

12 hours ago, NRWPA said:

I can't remember exactly but did you try to click on the face outline? Seems to me that's how I did it but this was back in May so not positive

Tried clicking on the photo...no luck, but your suggestion is appreciated. 

40 minutes ago, amygutman said:

Tried clicking on the photo...no luck, but your suggestion is appreciated. 

Are you using the US site?

If so, Web Check in -> Edit Info -> Scroll to bottom of page -> Buttons to upload of use your computer to take a photo...

On 7/18/2021 at 1:15 PM, Two 2 Tango said:

Down load the MSC for Me app, got to the profile section then the checkin section and you should be able to get your tickets emailed to you. Good luck

Thanks - I do have the app. When I go to the Profile section, there is no check-in section. I was able somehow to get everything emailed to me. I think I'm all set. 

But now wondering if I need to upload my health info (vaccination card). I probably will just have to call in again. 

You might try using a different web browser. Sometimes they don't test their websites thoroughly enough(on varous browsers) before publishing them. Considering it is MSC's website, I would not be surprised if that was the case with them.

On 7/14/2021 at 6:42 PM, BoundForSea said:

After I enter all the passenger information it brings up a screen saying that all the required information hasn’t been entered and thus we can’t go any further. Happens on two seperate reservations and three separate passengers. I sign back in, everything is populated, same message. This is a December 23rd sailing. Does it tell you this until the 20 day mark? I’ll post a screenshot here in a bit. 

Were you able to complete check in? I was having a hard time but then noticed MSC auto-populated a "1" in front of my contact phone number causing an error. After deleting the "1" I was able to check in. 

Now waiting to see if they send me an email with my ticket info.

10 hours ago, kilkoyne said:

Were you able to complete check in? I was having a hard time but then noticed MSC auto-populated a "1" in front of my contact phone number causing an error. After deleting the "1" I was able to check in. 

I’ll try that. Thanks!! If doesn’t work I’ll post a screen capture. Thanks gang

This is a bit of a comedy of...well...something. 

Everyone on this thread is so helpful! However....

Tried a different browser (no luck)

Tried using the MSC for Me app - not currently being used for the Divina

Tried talking to an MSC rep...51 minutes on hold, then got disconnected. At least I got my kitchen and bathrooms cleaned while I waited on hold 🙂 

I'm just concerned as our shuttle is dropping us off at the port at 1100. We are used to NCL where you can pick your boarding time, but are worried if we don't complete the boarding with all of the photos uploaded, vaccine cards, etc, that we will have a late embarkation. I'd really not love to wait on the dock for hours - and don't want to change my shuttle reservation in the case we get an early boarding. 

I understand that YC does not = early boarding and I can understand, especially with the new safety protocols but it is very frustrating as I am a very neurotic travel planner. Warmest, Amy

On 7/24/2021 at 3:54 AM, kilkoyne said:

I had the same issue with the "1".  Took me awhile to find it.  

@amygutman As long as it lists you as Done, you are. As one who has sailed on MSC at least 15 times (mostly on the Divina), I can tell you they will retake your picture at the pier whether you have uploaded it or not. Don't stress over it. I do see that the website for web check-in is down at the moment, so I guess things could be different when it comes back. I've always said that MSC stand for Most Surely Changes.

Bret

2 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

@amygutman As long as it lists you as Done, you are. As one who has sailed on MSC at least 15 times (mostly on the Divina), I can tell you they will retake your picture at the pier whether you have uploaded it or not. Don't stress over it. I do see that the website for web check-in is down at the moment, so I guess things could be different when it comes back. I've always said that MSC stand for Most Surely Changes.

Bret

Thank you Bret!

Everyone has been so kind and reassuring. It's stressful enough planning an international trip...in Covid times....and with a sticky website....

Let me ask you - living in Orlando, do you find that it is super tempting to cruise every time you get a break from work? We used to live 90 minutes from the Port of NY, and man...having to fly to a cruise is a whole new level of pain!

Warmest, Amy

14 hours ago, amygutman said:

Thank you Bret!

Everyone has been so kind and reassuring. It's stressful enough planning an international trip...in Covid times....and with a sticky website....

Let me ask you - living in Orlando, do you find that it is super tempting to cruise every time you get a break from work? We used to live 90 minutes from the Port of NY, and man...having to fly to a cruise is a whole new level of pain!

Warmest, Amy

Forgive me for pointing out ... that you will be flying to a cruise ... from your home ... in BERMUDA.

22 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

Forgive me for pointing out ... that you will be flying to a cruise ... from your home ... in BERMUDA.

I think that's the OP's point...they used to live nearby a port but now have to fly...

Received an email couple weeks ago asking for me to do a Web check in ( US Site ) and complete the Covid section on Vaccination. We are fully vaced. I kept getting the same message that I was unable to check in due to not having entered all our information. Even though we are booked through our travel agent for our Meraviglia October 2 booking, I picked up the phone and called MSC. I hit the Yacht line and entered my Diamond Voyagers club number. Got an MSC agent who picked up immediately. Gave my problem and the agent went in and reviewed our information. She had their system email our tickets to her. She then emailed them to me. No worries as that was excellent service . I thanked her for her help . Our boarding time in Miami is 11:00 AM with note that we need to be at the terminal no later than 1 hour after our boarding time. Cheers 🍻 

I was able to complete my web check in but no tickets emailed to me. I wonder if I'll be able to print out 20 days before or if I'll be on the phone for an hour trying to get MSC to send me my tickets.

13 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

As someone who grew up in Detroit (I was in love with Barry Sanders...), yes, it seems silly to vacation in the Caribbean and Bahamas when I live in paradise. 

But I also WORK in paradise...and part of the fun of vacation is travelling. Granted, there is a big difference between the Detroit River (which, honestly, is really pretty at night) and the pink sand beaches of Bermuda, but we get "Rock Fever" here ...and we love to "get off de rock" and see the world!

• Like 1

Some (partial) resolution today - 

Called MSC and got through to an agent within 5 minutes (crazy, right?).

They looked up my reservation and noted that we did not have the proper link to upload our photos. The agent said they have had multiple complaints about this and would be "fixing it shortly then resending the link to any affected reservation". So - if you are having the same issue, call the hotline and let them know so you can be sent a new boarding link (it theoretically should not change any of your information already inputted).

The agent also told me that Covid vaccination proof (photos of the cards / certificates) will need to be uploaded  on a different link sent out by MSC 10 days prior to the cruise. If you are unvaccinated, you will have to purchase Covid insurance through MSC at or before 10 days prior to your cruise - even if you have other travel / Covid insurance. 

Awesome. On the downside, I asked if we could request a boarding time and were told we could not. A bit frustrating as we have a scheduled shuttle - I suppose we could always reschedule, but on a 4 days cruise, we were certainly hoping to be on board as soon as possible (as I am sure everyone else is 😀

Ce la vie...it's vacation...on a cruise ship...it's all good!

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Hope the info helps someone else. 

Warmest, Amy

On 7/24/2021 at 6:53 PM, amygutman said:

This is a bit of a comedy of...well...something. 

Everyone on this thread is so helpful! However....

Tried a different browser (no luck)

Tried using the MSC for Me app - not currently being used for the Divina

Tried talking to an MSC rep...51 minutes on hold, then got disconnected. At least I got my kitchen and bathrooms cleaned while I waited on hold 🙂 

I'm just concerned as our shuttle is dropping us off at the port at 1100. We are used to NCL where you can pick your boarding time, but are worried if we don't complete the boarding with all of the photos uploaded, vaccine cards, etc, that we will have a late embarkation. I'd really not love to wait on the dock for hours - and don't want to change my shuttle reservation in the case we get an early boarding. 

I understand that YC does not = early boarding and I can understand, especially with the new safety protocols but it is very frustrating as I am a very neurotic travel planner. Warmest, Amy

We are sailing on the Meraviglia out of Miami on August 16. All online information (that we can access)is complete.This has been confirmed twice by our travel agent in conversations with the MSC staff.Yet we cannot print anything, and continue to get the message that all required information has not been submitted.We are getting anxious.The travel agent was told a few days ago that "this" would be fixed by Friday, August 6 and all our documents would be mailed to us including the elusive health Questionnaire. Is anyone else on this sailing and have you been able to complete the REQUIRED online check in? We are getting worried.