New Drinks Menus and Prices

Cathygh

53 minutes ago, smilesonfaces said:

I too was thinking of buying the wine package, I didn’t think £120 for 6 was too bad. Having looked at various menus posted from people on Britannia cruises I haven’t seen any bottles of wine under £22. Not sure how much the bottles in the package are priced at separately. 

The Olly Smith house wines were normally around £18 per bottle. Not sure what the price is now.  

Guest Snaxmuppet
2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Under wine packages click on DISCOVER. Gives the details of both packages. Either £120 or £145. Lists all the bottles with their bin numbers. 

Nope... I don't have discover... just a telephone number for the customer contact centre

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

I thought you needed to book it before the cruise. It asks you to call the wine line to order. ?…

I'm pretty sure you can buy the wine package on board.

Guest Snaxmuppet

Can you buy a wine package on a 4N cruise? You cannot buy the Ultimate Package on any cruise under 5N. Is that the same with the wine packages?

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

I don’t see why not. If you can drink 6 bottles in 4 days. 

+the 2 litres you can take on board with you. That lot should keep you pleasantly............hydrated.🤣🍾

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

+the 2 litres you can take on board with you. That lot should keep you pleasantly............hydrated.🤣🍾

That makes 9 bottles in 4 days. That will keep my wife happy,  but what about me? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Does anyone know if I can order a Mary Pickford on board Britannia and if so how much?

No, I'm not even going to google it!

I'm only reading this because the football is killing me!

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

No, I'm not even going to google it!

Well I have, I'm nosy that way and very bored.

A cocktail consisting of -

Rum, pineapple juice, maraschino liqueur and grenadine syrup.

Sounds very tasty. I shall have to give it a try.

Avril.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, sandancer said:

We are thinking of buying the wine package. The Captains is £120 for 6 bottles. They charge £20 corkage if you take your own wine into the MDR and in any case we would only be able to take 2 bottles onboard. Anyone got any advice/experience of this package. If we take a bottle of spirits can we take mixers? 

Do they still do this? For the life of me I can't find it listed on the website, and I don't really fancy waiting on hold for an hour or more to get through on the phone to a customer service rep.

Anyone got a link to ordering through the website?

16 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

Do they still do this? For the life of me I can't find it listed on the website, and I don't really fancy waiting on hold for an hour or more to get through on the phone to a customer service rep.

Yes they do still charge and is listed on the FAQ, search for 'drink' and look under the life on board tab and it should be there.

Each guest aged 18 years (21 years in US ports) and older may bring one litre of the following; wine, Champagne, beer, spirit or liqueur on board as they embark the ship for the first time only. Alcohol over the 1 litre limit will be stored and returned to the guest prior to the end of the cruise. If this alcohol is consumed in the dining rooms, bars, restaurants, pool or lounge areas, it will be subject to a corkage fee of £20* per bottle, per occasion which will be charged to the guest's on-board account. 

21 minutes ago, HikingPete said:

Anyone got a link to ordering through the website?

On the main P&O web site  if you enter your booking reference ,name and date of birth you 

will find the drinks booking there . Use this link  ... https://my.pocruises.com/mycruise/login

Thanks - I've logged in, but I can't find where to order the Captains Selection/Commodore's Selection, which is what I was looking for, only the PDF with a list of the wines available, not no means to order online, which I'm sure was there on my last cruise.

Not to worry, I'll call them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Firstly thanks to all your posts and menus. 
We are on Iona in 3 weeks. Still debating the ‘ultimate’ drinks package… having 7 days at sea I think I could happily have a couple of glasses of wine at lunch time, cocktail/g&t pre/post dinner plus a glass of wine at dinner. Plus water for me & coffee for the Mr.  I’m on holiday! 😆

BUT it’s not clear to me, so would appreciate some help please ~
> are all g&t’s included (not including the special double ones on the menu etc) that are sold as separate singles plus mixer?

> has anyone been able to buy while on board?

I haven’t looked yet but can you use OBC for pre-cruise purchases like you can on Royal?
Thanks so much!

4 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

If you pre purchase before boarding it doesn’t come out of your OBC but you get your full loyalty tier discount on the purchase 

Thanks for the reply. I had seen someone state they couldn’t purchase the drinks package on board but I couldn’t see if they were on a 5 day cruise… if we can definitely get on board in 3 weeks we will. Just been allocated room and boarding time of 11.45am so we shall definitely make use of it on the first day!

• Like 1