Baltimore

Edhoff

7 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

Pride has been busy lately, went to Miami for 2 days, then went to HMC for 2 days, then Princess Cays for 2 days, now its back at the GSC anchorage. Hopefully part of that was a crew up

Maybe they were developing protocols and having the crew practice social distancing tendering 🙂 

Just now, iamsteph said:

Maybe they were developing protocols and having the crew practice social distancing tendering 🙂 

Always a possibility, since both of those are ports for the Pride. Its way more activity than I have seen for Pride in the last 3 months, so I feel like somethings up 🙂

Just now, pogoism9 said:

Always a possibility, since both of those are ports for the Pride. Its way more activity than I have seen for Pride in the last 3 months, so I feel like somethings up 🙂

I'm on the October 10th sailing. Keeping my fingers crossed that sailing starts back up in September!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iamsteph said:

I'm on the October 10th sailing. Keeping my fingers crossed that sailing starts back up in September!

I have a sneaking suspicion that we will hear about September by the second week of July (based on their last round of announcements that was around 6/10) - I got no inside info though, I just observe quite a few things obsessively.

Edited by pogoism9
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I think you might have a better chance than that.  Assuming these summer 2021cruises go well, they will do all they possibly can to have everything running for the Thanksgiving and Christmas schedules - and I mean everything, out of all ports they serve. I can think of numerous financial benefits to them doing so, meeting the high season demand, then working out kinks during the Jan-Feb timeframe and being in good shape for spring and summer 2022.

You're right, the odds are probably better than 50% that the cruise will sail. Unfortunately, I think the odds of our family being on it are significantly less, since we would have one adult in our party who will not be vaccinated (the other four of us are). With only two months before final payment, it's looking more and more likely that we will have to cancel. ☹️

On 6/24/2021 at 8:17 PM, Edhoff said:

Anyone hear when Port of Baltimore will open up for cruising?? And how about New Jersey?

NJ is home to RCI and Celebrity out of Cape Liberty in Bayonne. RCI is hoping to have the Oasis start in September. 

1 hour ago, vacruisin said:

Does anyone know what time the Port of Baltimore opens for parking?  We live about an hour from the port and we are trying to decide when we should leave home.

It really depends on when the ship gets into port and starts debarking.  Once enough people have debarked, retrieved their luggage, and left, then they open the parking lot up.   What I usually do is the morning of, keep my eye on the ship tracker.  I'll plan my arrival for two to three hours after the ship arrives into port. 

Of course, any planning could be rendered moot if they're still doing staggered check-in at the time of your cruise.  

1 hour ago, vacruisin said:

Does anyone know what time the Port of Baltimore opens for parking?  We live about an hour from the port and we are trying to decide when we should leave home.

The port opens around 11:00am, but it varies based on the ship's return from the previous cruise.  The  earliest we have been allow in the parking lot was around 10:30.  Once the ship docks in the past it would take 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours for debarkation.  Not sure how it will work now with new protocols.  We live in NE PA (about 3 1/2 hour ride) and I use a cruise ship tracking website to determine when we should leave our house.  We have sailed a number of times from Baltimore and never had a problem, parking in on site located next to the ship.  Enjoy your cruise. 

Thanks for the feedback about parking.  Looks like we will need to checkout the ship tracker to gauge when the ship will arrive back into port the morning of 9/26.

Also, as has been suggested, we’ll note our designated check-in time.

As many cruise as we’ve previously been on, this will be our first time actually parking at the port.

Happy Sailing all!!

Edited by vacruisin

When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? (cruisecritic.com)

Carnival: September 1, 2021, except the following vessels:

• Carnival Vista, Breeze, Horizon, Miracle, Mardi Gras, Magic, Sunrise, Panorama, Paradise, Valor, Legend, Radiance, Splendor, and Spirit.

I hope this news is accurate because it would mean the Pride will sail from Baltimore on September 5, 2021.  I am latching onto any positive news!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PC 462 said:

When Are Cruise Lines Around the World Expected To Resume Service? (cruisecritic.com)

Carnival: September 1, 2021, except the following vessels:

• Carnival Vista, Breeze, Horizon, Miracle, Mardi Gras, Magic, Sunrise, Panorama, Paradise, Valor, Legend, Radiance, Splendor, and Spirit.

I hope this news is accurate because it would mean the Pride will sail from Baltimore on September 5, 2021.  I am latching onto any positive news!

Thanks for posting this.  A week or so ago, someone posted a screengrab from cruiseindustrynews.com that showed Pride's first sailing will be September 5, so things are looking hopeful.  We sail September 12.

1 hour ago, PC 462 said:

It all depends on how fast they can crew up. I imagine its pretty arduous getting thousands of people on the ships flown in and vaccinated from all across the world. Takes time. I am pretty optimistic though about Baltimore in September, considering 9/26 passengers final payment is due today, and no indication of an extension has been made

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

It all depends on how fast they can crew up. I imagine its pretty arduous getting thousands of people on the ships flown in and vaccinated from all across the world. Takes time. I am pretty optimistic though about Baltimore in September, considering 9/26 passengers final payment is due today, and no indication of an extension has been made

The Port of Baltimore and the State of Maryland are working to vaccinate ship crews.  I hope Carnival is working with the Maryland Port Administration to solve one aspect of the crew situation.

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — In an effort to bolster the state’s vaccination efforts, The Maryland Port Administration announced a partnership with the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems to offer the single-dose Johnson and Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to visiting ship’s crew members in the Helen Delich Bentley Port of Baltimore.

“Maryland continues to make progress administering the COVID-19 vaccine, and this clinic at the Port of Baltimore is a great opportunity for visiting ship’s crew members to join the effort,” said Governor Larry Hogan. “We encourage visiting ships to take advantage of this quick and easy way to get vaccinated.

• Thanks 1

Soooo...error on the marine traffic site, or something legit?

Of note, Vista and Breeze came back to Galveston right around the 2 month mark for their return to service (May > July). Not so far fetched in my mind that Pride could also have that 2 month window (Jul > Sept) for returning to service.

Discuss!

pride.thumb.jpg.b4a0e24a96cf4debc5bd9a4a0a609f6c.jpg

• Like 1

I am finding it very interesting that there are no ships allocated in Baltimore from May 2023 until October 2023 (when Legend's schedule from 2023 & 2024 were just released and returning that October). Someone mentioned maybe it had to do with contracts at the port but if that was the case then Legend wouldn't have just announced being back there in 2023 & 2024. 

3 hours ago, pogoism9 said:

Soooo...error on the marine traffic site, or something legit?

Discuss!

pride.thumb.jpg.b4a0e24a96cf4debc5bd9a4a0a609f6c.jpg

Passing west of VA Beach?  That's a tricky shortcut.  Otherwise, I like your 2-month idea and it gives us something to track, to help us from going nuts with our increasing wanderlust...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Passing west of VA Beach?  That's a tricky shortcut.  Otherwise, I like your 2-month idea and it gives us something to track, to help us from going nuts with our increasing wanderlust...

I wouldn't pay much attention to that, its a "route forecast" tool. I'm more interested in the destination 😛

Heald mentioned yesterday about some information "in the coming days", which also lines up. It was around 6/10 when they announced the July/Aug sailings. We could get the next batch of restart news soon

Edited by pogoism9

8 minutes ago, jeepchick444 said:

Vaccine questionaire just showed up on my to do list for Sept 5th sailing!! Crossing fingers and toes 😎🚢

This seems like a good sign!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FloatingSunGoddess said:

My vaccine questionnaire showed up for my Sept 12 and I can now print documents! 

Same here. I get more optimistic every day. I wonder if Charleston and New Orleans cruisers have the same changes now

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FloatingSunGoddess said:

My vaccine questionnaire showed up for my Sept 12 and I can now print documents! 

16 minutes ago, pogoism9 said:

Same here. I get more optimistic every day. I wonder if Charleston and New Orleans cruisers have the same changes now

Me too, I just completed the vaccination survey, we're also September 12.