Embarkation/Muster Station Check-in

19cruiser59

Since the new e- muster calls for you to check-in to your muster station, and then go watch video before sailaway. I was wondering if we might be able to check-in to muster station immediately upon embarkation.  Anyone know if this will be possible. if it matters my station is A4 in the Liquid Lounge ( Horizon).

Do you think they will have anyone stationed there to check so early?

Yes they asked that this be done within the first 1 1/2hrs of entering the ship and watching the presentation on your room TV prior to the ship leaving the port (apparently there  will be an announcement)

The one thing that bothers me about JH's suggestion of going straight to the muster station, as soon as you board the ship, is we will still be lugging around alllll of our carry on's. That will be a roll on for DW, roll on for me, AND a big backpack that will weigh almost as much as me!  LOL. I think the best course of action for us, is to get aboard, wait until we can drop off our carry  on's, THEN go to the muster station to check in. (plans subject to change due to conditions. :classic_laugh: )

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

The one thing that bothers me about JH's suggestion of going straight to the muster station, as soon as you board the ship, is we will still be lugging around alllll of our carry on's. That will be a roll on for DW, roll on for me, AND a big backpack that will weigh almost as much as me!  LOL. I think the best course of action for us, is to get aboard, wait until we can drop off our carry  on's, THEN go to the muster station to check in. (plans subject to change due to conditions. :classic_laugh: )

That may be the most practical thing to do.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We should be platinum on our next cruise, so we will definitely drop off our carry-ons first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

That makes sense.  I think JH doesn't want people to get too many FunShips in them in case they forget.  I just have a roll carry-on that I drop off with the porters, and then a small shoulder strap satchel that I keep (IT'S NOT A PURSE!😀--it's actually a Carnival branded pouch thing that I got on my first cruise, and I've never seen them since.) My next cruise is on the Conquest (I hope) in September, and it'll be nice just to walk up a flight from the atrium to my muster station, on my way up to Lido.  And since my room is on the Lido, the next thing on my schedule is the sail away party!

Edited by naxer

3 minutes ago, stellarose said:

will our muster station be listed on our cruise documents or on our luggage tag?  we don't leave for months.......

(but like to be prepared)

It is listed on your boarding pass, and also in the Hub app if you are using that as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stellarose said:

will our muster station be listed on our cruise documents or on our luggage tag?  we don't leave for months.......

(but like to be prepared)

IIRC, your muster station will be stated on your Boarding Pass, and also your S&S card. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

I'm curious to see how this goes over after the first few sailings.  Keep us informed.

I hope we never find out how this goes after a real need for a call to muster. Remember cruise lines took muster drills much more seriously after the Costa Concordia disaster. The experienced mariners who post in these groups all feel a real muster drill should be required because it is important for the crew as it is the only time they get to "herd" passengers.