Ocean Medallion App - Part 3

margord

37 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Why am I getting this error message?  I have contacted Princess several times in the last few months, and nothing. Is it because my cruise is not until summer 2024?

88A9120B-73A5-4820-BE20-44DC3929DE1B.png

24 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

As I posted upstream, I am getting the same thing. Our cruise is April 2024 on the new Sun Princess. Which ship are you on? And are you on any sort of special fare not available to the general public? I'm on an interline fare (special fares for guests in or retired from the travel industry - airline in my case) so wondering if that's a factor. I have done online chat and sent an email to the Medallion support people (askoceanmedallion@carnival.com) and while both acknowledged the problem, there has been no fix yet. I also get an error when I try to go to DineMyWay.

EDIT: I just saw from your signature you're also on Sun Princess. I wonder it that's the cause.

2 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

We're on the Sun.....and we're getting it, too. They haven't finished building it yet....I'm guessing that might be the issue. But, it's evidence how much we want to sail!!!!

Cruise on, folks! 🥰

I am sailing on Sky Princess later on this year and I also get the exact same error message.

I have been trying for a few months now and whilst I can access the Medallion app and dining options I cannot get into the Ocean Ready section.

I have also sent off an email and am waiting for a response but nothing received yet and it’s very frustrating and it needs sorting by Princess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

To me, that seems wildly optimistic.  You have to assume that all networking and servers are not flooded and still working, and that the passengers had their medallions with them.   Given Princess's difficulty with simple tasks, I wouldn't want to bet MY life on the medallion.

Well darn, you just burst my bubble thinking that there really was one good aspect of this whole Ocean Medallion business.  😢

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

We're on the Sun.....and we're getting it, too. They haven't finished building it yet....I'm guessing that might be the issue. But, it's evidence how much we want to sail!!!!

Cruise on, folks! 🥰

I agree that the issue is likely that you are booked on Sun Princess. We are booked on a cruise in April of 2024 (Discovery Princess) and I have had everything setup and finalized in the Medallion app for months.

Edited by Thrak

2 hours ago, LawDog61 said:

How does the medallion work with a B2B cruise?   Do I get a new and second medallion for the second cruise?  If so when?   Or does the on medallion work for both cruises?   Thanks

One Medallion....covers the B2B....and while it is the case that they have separate booking numbers, on the Medallion app, however, they will appear as if it were one sailing. Don't panic, you'll get the credit for two sailings. But who knows, Princess might charge you two shipping fees for the one medallion as they seem to be grabbing after money left and right, hand over fist. 🤑  Oops....did I just say my thoughts out loud again??

17 hours ago, kamelia said:

Well darn, you just burst my bubble thinking that there really was one good aspect of this whole Ocean Medallion business.  😢

I'm sorry, I won't tell you Santa Clause is not real, so you can still have that!  🙂

If I recall correctly, the global innovators encountered many difficulties moving their app+medallions+sensors from a warehouse in Miramar onto ships, as they discovered ships were made of metal, which blocked signals.

That was in 2017/2018 ish.

Costa Concordia sank in 2012.

It is an absurd boast by princess/global innovators that the technology could have saved all of the passengers on the concordia.

Seems unlikely, as they hadn't mastered ships are made of metal until five years later.

But, what do I know?   The gent who was in charge of the program is now president of princess...

This is a question for anyone in the UK , when you put your phone numbers in ( home and mobile) I have only just noticed, after 3 medallion cruises lol, that it says +1. It then says to put your country code in but it won’t let me put +44

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

This is a question for anyone in the UK , when you put your phone numbers in ( home and mobile) I have only just noticed, after 3 medallion cruises lol, that it says +1. It then says to put your country code in but it won’t let me put +44

How about ignoring the +1  and putting +44 ?. Or alternatively drop the + from 44.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:10 PM, TenneSea said:

Purchased way before the new Plus price increase.  Shows $12 (free) beverage limit, however, it includes new desserts, fitness classes, juice bar and Medallion shipping.

Screenshot_20230314_145018.jpg

Hi  we have Premier but on the packages section of the app it doesn't show anything regarding the Juice bar, Premium desserts or Fitness classes yet these are supposed to be covered as we booked in March after the additions. 

8 hours ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Hi  we have Premier but on the packages section of the app it doesn't show anything regarding the Juice bar, Premium desserts or Fitness classes yet these are supposed to be covered as we booked in March after the additions. 

Has your Princess app been recently updated?  Mine changed completely when I updated it.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:50 PM, LawDog61 said:

How does the medallion work with a B2B cruise?   Do I get a new and second medallion for the second cruise?  If so when?   Or does the on medallion work for both cruises?   Thanks

One Medallion....covers the B2B....and while it is the case that they have separate booking numbers, on the Medallion app, however, they will appear as if it were one sailing. Don't panic, you'll get the credit for two sailings. But who knows, Princess might charge you two shipping fees for the one medallion as they seem to be grabbing after money left and right, hand over fist. 🤑  Oops....did I just say my thoughts out loud again??

Greetings and peace to all!

I decided to play around on the medallion app and make dining reservations for the specialty restaurants for a future cruise other than the Panama Canal cruise which is causing all kinds of problems. Low and behold, nary one problem!! It recognized all the dining credits and grabbed each one without having to pay a penny!!  WOW! So....must be something about certain cruises on the medallion app that have the problems.

7 hours ago, Mr Sea Gull said:

Last update I had was beginning of the month, nothing available to update so I assume it is. maybe its different being in the UK

Updated mine in the UK,  and have not seen any significant changes.

Mind you,  I appear to be one of the few that has had absolutely no problems with the  app whatsoever! 

35 minutes ago, Patches2265 said:

I opted to pick up my medallion at the cruise terminal instead of having it shipped. I've filled out all my info online and am in the green lane. Will I  be delayed in boarding since I don't have my medallion in hand?

No.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

No.

We have never opted to pick them up at the port. Where exactly do we get it? Is there a special line? Or does the person helping to finalize registration have a work station where they go get them from? Thanks for sharing information on personal experiences with that.

It’s been a seamless process for us.  While they’re checking your paperwork, they had a booth where they retrieved the medallions, and could “print” new medallions if you forget your (or forget where you put them ☺️) shipped medallion.  

53 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

It’s been a seamless process for us.  While they’re checking your paperwork, they had a booth where they retrieved the medallions, and could “print” new medallions if you forget your (or forget where you put them ☺️) shipped medallion.  

WOW!!!  They can "print" them right there??  By "print" do you mean they can actually stamp our names on them?  Or do those they have to "print" there at the port not include your name stamped on them like when they are mailed to us?

33 minutes ago, HiCCCs said:

WOW!!!  They can "print" them right there??  By "print" do you mean they can actually stamp our names on them?  Or do those they have to "print" there at the port not include your name stamped on them like when they are mailed to us?

They can print your name and cruise information on the medallion on the spot.  It looks exactly the same as the “generic” medallion you receive in the mail.

When we got to the port in LA, I realized I had no idea where my medallion was.  The person checking us in disappeared for a couple of minutes while I searched through my luggage, and brought a replacement for me.  Seconds later, I found my original medallion.  The only difference was I had ordered the ships logo, and the replacement was just the Princess logo version..  

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

They can print your name and cruise information on the medallion on the spot.  It looks exactly the same as the “generic” medallion you receive in the mail.

When we got to the port in LA, I realized I had no idea where my medallion was.  The person checking us in disappeared for a couple of minutes while I searched through my luggage, and brought a replacement for me.  Seconds later, I found my original medallion.  The only difference was I had ordered the ships logo, and the replacement was just the Princess logo version..  

Did the original Medallion still work or was it "over ridden" by the new Medallion?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Did the original Medallion still work or was it "over ridden" by the new Medallion?

I believe they always have to disable the medallion they’re replacing.  That ensures no unwanted visitors to your cabin, as well as charges to your folio that you can dispute.  The original has always been deactivated when we’ve had to get a replacement (sample size : 2).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1