The Bionic Bar

39 minutes ago, bmill7272 said:

Anyone know the size/volume of a Bionic Bar drink.

6, 8, 10 ounces ????

The plastic cup looks to be about 8 oz and the robot fills most of the way to the top. If you tip you may get a heavy pour.

• Haha 6

The cups look small. I saw one of the robots spill a few inches of a drink once, which isn't the end of the world if you have a drink package, but the main drawback is the bartenders can't listen to your woes. 🤣  IMHO, the Bionic Bar is a gimmick that takes up a lot of space and will probably not last very much longer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Agree.  I don't see the attraction.  It's cute the first time but I really prefer a bartender you can tip and get a better pour.

Agreed, this is a one and done, gimmick but yet the ships keep getting them, it really is a space that could be rethought into something cool like the martini bars on X

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Agreed, this is a one and done, gimmick but yet the ships keep getting them, it really is a space that could be rethought into something cool like the martini bars on X

That would be great. We love the Martini Bar on X.

• Like 1

I wish these would go away.  Still upset the Champagne Bar (or with it the Martini bar) on the Oasis was replaced with the Bionic Bar.  Hopefully, the Champagne Bar survives on the Allure.  

Back to the original question, I remember a regular 8oz plastic cup. 

17 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

🤣  IMHO, the Bionic Bar is a gimmick that takes up a lot of space and will probably not last very much longer.

Royal and other cruise lines have done there homework, that gimmick is working from a new customer attraction point of view. I don't see them as a one off there is more on the  way the next generation will be voice activated and will be offering advise ....of course for a tip 😇

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

And I'll keep not using them.😉

With the new D and up drinks being usable everywhere (I think), there might be some new business for the robot.

Biker, who wonders how the robot feels about the free C&A drinks since there's no grats on those

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, toad455 said:

Biggest waste of money RCCL spent. When I heard they cost $1 million(US) to build per ship....😲

Just now, Biker19 said:

The RCI accountants may feel differently.

I would have to second this, they have to be at least breaking even with the whole thing in order to keep investing in them (or at least one would hope so).