Venetian Society Sailings

pasca

I recently got an email about the two 2022 Venetian Society cruises. The one to Southeast Asia looks very appealing. Has anyone been on a Venetian Society sailing, and know what the benefits are? Are there special shore events that provide added value?

Thanks for any information.

Hi Dawn,  I don't think everyone knows each other and anyone who has sailed with SS once receives a Venetian Society Number and so you are a part of it after your first cruise. 

As for what is provided? I know you save 5% on your cruise fare.

The other stuff? Not sure of that but this is what is posted on the website:

When you complete your first Silversea voyage, you become part of an exclusive circle of friends — the Venetian Society. Membership in Silversea's cruise loyalty programme is an open door to a world of exclusivity, an extraordinary fellowship of international travellers who enjoy the Silversea lifestyle while exploring the world in luxurious fashion and receiving members-only benefits and cruise rewards. This could include 5% off on every cruise, additional savings on select sailings, onboard recognition, invitations to private events and ship visitation privileges. For more details please refer to the Terms and Conditions page.

9 hours ago, pasca said:

I recently got an email about the two 2022 Venetian Society cruises. The one to Southeast Asia looks very appealing. Has anyone been on a Venetian Society sailing, and know what the benefits are? Are there special shore events that provide added value?

It's just a regular sailing with a 5% discount (in addition to any other discounts).  It's not exclusive or clubby.  As on every cruise, there is an evening get-together for Venetian guests.  This is really a marketing device and little more.  

• Like 1

I think OP's question was about what Silversea bills as a "reunion" cruise for Venetian members. There are only two, but my limited experience cruising with Silversea would suggest that EVERY cruise is a reunion cruise 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone for that information.  We’ve only had two cruises with Silversea — I was hoping it would include some special onshore events. The date actually isn’t great as it includes Thanksgiving, and there is an earlier cruise with the same itinerary. I think we will consider that one instead.

I love this itinerary, especially as it is on a small ship (Shadow, I think) and can dock closer to Bangkok.

Anyone done this or similar itineraries? Would love your opinions and advice. I’m a relative newbie to cruises and have never been to Asia.

Hi pasca,

I sailed the reverse of a similar itinerary a few years ago, and would happily consider doing it again in the future. In fact, I would only do this route on the Shadow or Whisper. The other ships are too large to dock right downtown in Ho Chi Minh City.

For the Reunion itinerary, several highlights stand out: an overnight in Ha Long Bay would be a dream come true; DaNang is one of the better jumping off places for a day trip to Hue; two overnights in HCMC while docked downtown; and an overnight in Bangkok. 

For your first trip to Asia, this is a lovely itinerary. You'll get plenty of city, but with the ship docked right there you can retreat to your suite whenever you like. And you'll get ample time in Ha Long Bay, which is positively ethereal.

Hoping this helps,

• Like 1

Thanks, Unibok, very helpful! The smaller ship also means that the port for Bangkok is a short drive into the city, rather than 2-3 hours away. We are getting excited about this itinerary,whether this Venetian Society sailing or the one a few weeks earlier.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 6:24 AM, pasca said:

The Venetian society always  on several occasions offer  additional 5% on a cruise for Venetian guests ... The reunion sailing offer a few little extras...

Had my first reunion sailing sept 2019 silver spirit ( which I   happened to get my 100 days certificate ☺️)  and had a special land trip ( foc) 

Also thoughout the sailing lots of little presents left in cabin several times over the 9 nights ... Some guests knew each other having sailed over many years & hundreds of days !!! But it's all the same fabulous experience ... I just this morning booked for the 7 nights Mediterranean cruise silver dawn ..( have already got a sailing in April 2022) cancelled from last year 🚢☺️

• Like 2

https://www.silversea.com/venetian-society-reunions.html

This mentions "uniquely crafted land experiences available exclusively to Venetian Society Members".

Sounds like a great trip. I booked a Shadow cruise in May from Singapore to Tokyo--a similar itinerary (sadly without Ha Long Bay). I'm very excited about doing this on a small-ish ship for better port access in these huge cities!  

I'm booked on the one in the Med.  Even though I've been to these ports, the email was intriguing about the special events.

I'm thinking it must be based on number of days because the friend I usually travel with did not get the email even though she's been on several SS cruises.  I have 200+ days and did get the email.  In any event, the two of us are going as well as two other friends who will be going on their first SS cruise.

• Like 1

I'm thinking it must be based on number of days because the friend I usually travel with did not get the email even though she's been on several SS cruises.  I have 200+ days and did get the email. 

It’s probably Silversea 😊

I am the lead name on bookings and pay the bills, but I never get marketing emails (Yes, I have checked My Silversea) …. My wife on the other hand gets them all …. Perhaps they are trying to get her to persuade me ?🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AtMaui said:

I'm booked on the one in the Med.  Even though I've been to these ports, the email was intriguing about the special events.

I'm thinking it must be based on number of days because the friend I usually travel with did not get the email even though she's been on several SS cruises.  I have 200+ days and did get the email.  In any event, the two of us are going as well as two other friends who will be going on their first SS cruise.

I did not get the email and have well over 500 days.....go figure...?

I got the email despite having only two previous cruises. But lots of Silversea emails end up in my spam folder— it’s pretty random— and I am guessing this happens with everyone.

• Like 1

I got the email despite having only two previous cruises. But lots of Silversea emails end up in my spam folder— it’s pretty random— and I am guessing this happens with everyone.

Some years ago (2014 and 2016), two of these Venetian Society voyages included a private performance by Andrea Bocelli.   That was disclosed in the invitation for those voyages, however.  

Edited by Dolcevita Diva