Bayonne Cape Liberty is a go for SEPT 5 -so far!

3 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm very confused by all of this. All I want to know is if sailings out of Bayonne will require vaccination for over 12s. I'm fine with conceding Florida at this point, but I'd really love if my home port would require it. 

Is the takeaway at this point, that if more than 5% are unvaxxed (kids or otherwise), mask protocols and separation by venues will also be in place? So then there's no point from a marketing perspective for them to offer fully vaccinated for over 12 cruises since they won't get to 95%? I was on Adventure last week and being mask free in that environment was a real treat. 

Based on what Bayley said a week or so ago, all U.S. ports except the Florida ones will sail at 100% vaxxed except those under 12.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TennisCaptain said:

ELBLU so looking forward to seeing you on the LIDO!!!

I've sailed the Oasis 3 times and all of her sister ships, but where is the Lido.  Did they add during the last drydock.🤪

1 hour ago, boxedlunch said:

When was the last time you heard about a norovirus or legionnaires outbreak on a flight? I'll give you a hint:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19796107/

APRIL 2021

State and local health officials are warning of a potential for Legionnaires’ disease exposure at a hotel in Missouri.

TWO PEOPLE were diagnosed with the severe form of pneumonia after using the hot tub or the pool in late March while staying at a Comfort Inn & Suites in Macon, KMIZ-TV reports.

Better avoid  hotels these days.

When was the last case on a ship, and how many in the past 20 years.  A helluva lot less than in hotels.

About 8,000 to 18,000 cases of Legionnaires' disease occur each year in the United States, according to the Bureau of Communicable Disease Control.

Keep searching for reasons that are aimed at making cruises out to be hotbeds of death and disease.

They are cleaner than any hotel or restaurant most people will ever sleep or eat in.

Britney can go sing her song somewhere else..

Happy and Safe sailing to all and to all a Good Night.

according to deck plans online this is where they identify LIDO

Oasis Of The Seas deck 16 plan (Lido-FlowRiders-Ultimate Abyss Slide)

Deck layout and review

I would have thought the POOL deck... but who knew... we WILL be doing the slide.. IF the SEPT 5 goes, the lines should not be too long or pool chairs hard to find  WHOOHOOO

I am just delighted to hear about this September opening of Cape Liberty (even if it is fake news.....hope not!!!😁 😁 Like that piece of news about the port not opening all of 2022 or something that someone's 4th cousin's neighbor's brother in law's second cousin's baby sitter's husband heard at a meeting earlier on in the pandemic).

It is about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, TennisCaptain said:

according to deck plans online this is where they identify LIDO

Oasis Of The Seas deck 16 plan (Lido-FlowRiders-Ultimate Abyss Slide)

Deck layout and review

I would have thought the POOL deck... but who knew... we WILL be doing the slide.. IF the SEPT 5 goes, the lines should not be too long or pool chairs hard to find  WHOOHOOO

Unless they ask you to bring your own beach chairs for sanitary purposes.😁  I have to lug my beach chair to my township pool club.

18 hours ago, Dajbman22 said:

Nothing is in stone yet, but all communication from Royal has been that Oasis from Bayonne will require Vaccinations for all Pax 12+, but they may have enough kids under 12 on board they cannot guarantee 95%. As of now, though, since there won't be adults on board who are unvaccinated, there should not be a need for shipwide masking and the separated areas, just a requirement that the unvaccinated children wear masks in public indoor areas (much like on Adventure). 

Of course this is all assuming nothing changes, but for now things are looking hopeful. 

I literally booked a cruise out of Bayonne this morning and asked about my vaccination card - they said it wouldn't be necessary as they are not required.

1 minute ago, livinginyellow said:

I literally booked a cruise out of Bayonne this morning and asked about my vaccination card - they said it wouldn't be necessary as they are not required.

I have to think this is the route they are going because the Seattle cruises clearly state vaccines are required. Why won't they just plainly say?  

14 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Do you usually drive from Virginia? we used to live in NJ and always drove to Bayonne..........We just moved to Virginia, nearest Airport for us now is Roanoke, not sure what prices would be to Newark and what availability would be.............Might be more cost effective to just drive it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Really, how will RCL confirm that the sail is 100% vaxxed (ex under 12).  The honor system🙄

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Do you usually drive from Virginia? we used to live in NJ and always drove to Bayonne..........We just moved to Virginia, nearest Airport for us now is Roanoke, not sure what prices would be to Newark and what availability would be.............Might be more cost effective to just drive it.

Ah - we literally moved to MD from VA like a few weeks ago - so I will update my location. But yes! When we have done MD/NY for cruising in the past, we drove from VA. I've looked into pretty extensively before and the price difference when you drive vs fly is always so much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

Ah - we literally moved to MD from VA like a few weeks ago - so I will update my location. But yes! When we have done MD/NY for cruising in the past, we drove from VA. I've looked into pretty extensively before and the price difference when you drive vs fly is always so much better.

Just checked even though we are only 1  1/2 hours from Bristol, TN in the southwest corner of Virginia, we still are only 8 hours from Cape Liberty, so really that's not so bad.

Not worth the time and effort to deal with airports now-a days.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, livinginyellow said:

According to the person who helped me book this morning, that's not a guarantee they have any more.

I think they will have protocols in place by the time you board for areas of the ship for vaxxed vs unvaxxed passengers. At some point, they will have an opportunity for vaxxed people to show that they are vaccinated. They may add mask protocols since they don't appear at this point to be restricting who is sailing. Everything is written in quicksand at this point.

2 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I think they will have protocols in place by the time you board for areas of the ship for vaxxed vs unvaxxed passengers. At some point, they will have an opportunity for vaxxed people to show that they are vaccinated. They may add mask protocols since they don't appear at this point to be restricting who is sailing. Everything is written in quicksand at this point.

Fine with me! Was already planning on bringing our vax cards anyways. I would love nothing more for them to separate out unvaxxed vs vaxxed - while I am not fearful of much right now because I am vaxxed, I'd love to feel that much more safer 🙂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

👍👍👍

Even if you break the drive up into 2 legs and stay a night at a hotel with a few meals it is economically a smart move.

We have often driven to Baltimore (six and a half hours) and occasionally done it with a night pre cruise. (depending on the Winter weather)

Nothing like waking up after a good night's sleep, showering, having a relaxing breakfast and then a SHORT hour or two ride to the port,

Added benefit is on the return we are in your own home that same afternoon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I am just delighted to hear about this September opening of Cape Liberty (even if it is fake news.....hope not!!!😁 😁 Like that piece of news about the port not opening all of 2022 or something that someone's 4th cousin's neighbor's brother in law's second cousin's baby sitter's husband heard at a meeting earlier on in the pandemic).

It is about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never heard this news about the port not opening.

We like to drive into the area the day before and we stay at either the Hampton or the Hilton Place both owned by the same family , when I called they told me they no longer do the Stay/Park/Cruise 

I asked why they said they have no info any any cruises at of Cape Liberty 

I did call the Embassy Suites and they said about the same thing, I told them we are on a New  Years Eve cruise out of there and they were surprised they have to get a OK to take the reservation.  We should be good !

55 minutes ago, TheMiz said:

I never heard this news about the port not opening.

There was a thread about it during the earlier months pandemic. That is the only place I read it.

I would really not take the word of Embassey Suites employees regardign cruises starting, but really do hope that everything is good to go.

Edited by Arzeena

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We live just south of Richmond VA and have driven to Port Liberty five times.  No hotel, we just leave early and try to arrive at luggage drop around 10:30 am.  The line can get long around noon.

Traffic on a Sunday morning is usually light and it’s nice to bring as much luggage as you like.  The parking garage is steps from the terminal but pricy at $25 per day.

Lou

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

There was a thread about it during the earlier months pandemic. That is the only place I read it.

I would really not take the word of Embassey Suites employees regardign cruises starting, but really do hope that everything is good to go.

In October 2019 we stayed at the Fairfield Inn Newark Airport.  They had a stay and park rate.  I looked and they show it for October 30th. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Theres no direct flight Roanoke-Newark, but there is one daily direct train. Leaves at around 6am, takes 9 hours to Newark. Theres another option from Lynchburg

6 minutes ago, jamesboat said:

Theres no direct flight Roanoke-Newark, but there is one daily direct train. Leaves at around 6am, takes 9 hours to Newark. Theres another option from Lynchburg

Interesting, might be a way to visit family and friends still in NJ............What is the train line and where are the stops at along the way?

Edit: oh wait you said it's direct? no stops?

9 hours by train isn't bad at all to Newark.

Edited by Jimbo

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, might be a way to visit family and friends still in NJ............What is the train line and where are the stops at along the way?

Edit: oh wait you said it's direct? no stops?

9 hours by train isn't bad at all to Newark.

When we lived in NJ and our daughter lived in Richmond we took the train on a Friday after work.  7 hrs. Direct but made several stops where people could get on. The first stop where people could get off was Richmond.